This is an independent one man website solely funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joining wiring.

Default Re: Joining wiring.

This is an independent one man website solely funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
    Is there any downside to using "wago" type connectors?

I can't add URLs yet as I don't have enough posts (good idea that!)

I have some temporary (3 - 6 months till I change bikes) wiring for a GPS tracker and battery pack and was considering these.

Should Get Out More Kebab The Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by newrevver View Post
    Is there any downside to using "wago" type connectors?
    These things? https://www.wago.com/global/installa...ctor/p/222-413

I really wouldn't like to try. I don't think they're designed for vibration at all. Let us know how you get on if you do try it!

That's the WAGO connectors, yes thanks. Good point about vibration but if i do use them I'll report back.

Ta

My headlights stopped working on the SV650 and I used a Wago type thing to fix it. I practiced soldering off the bike and did a great job, but didn't have any heatshrink and it's a tight spot to work on. I bought some from B&Q but it was wrongly labelled cable sleeving.

The wires were under the airbox intake. The yellow connectors (switchgear) had green corrosion on the pins but the culprit was the black 10 pin connector with one melted pin. The issue being the thickest orange/red wire, so I chopped the wire off the back and joined it with an 'Ideal lever wire connector'.

I cleaned up the pins with GT85, a toothbrush and descaling tool. Of course using a waterproof butt splice mentioned earlier would be better and cheaper but it's lasted 18 months so far.

Screwfix - Ideal lever wire connectors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission