TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy New Bike Day T Me

Liked 4,024 in 2,012 posts

Default Re: Happy New Bike Day T Me

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by balbas View Post
    I nearly typed something very rude.

How come no one told me that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    The bloody useless headlights were the only thing I didn’t like apart from that great bikes and I still love the look.
    Yeah the lights look like they will be shite but i have been spoiled by the amazing LED lights on the Multi and as its a work bike not like i will be travelling far at night anyway

Liked 1,861 in 1,219 posts

My first big bike was a brand new gen 1 Fazer. Bloody loved that bike. I look now and again at cheap ones for a hack as I reckon it'd be perfect for that. Bit bouncy and that was when new, amazing brakes and the worst headlights ever.

3. The following user liked this post made by Supermofo:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 53 in 30 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigyin View Post

Yeah the lights look like they will be shite but i have been spoiled by the amazing LED lights on the Multi and as its a work bike not like i will be travelling far at night anyway
    Is this the one with one light for dipped and one for main?

If you do find you need better lighting, there's a simple mod, which allows you to have both bulbs illuminated at the same time (two dipped or two main). I remember one of the bike mags gave full instructions for the conversion but I forget which one it was. This step-by-step guide on one of the owners' forums seems to cover it though:

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?topic=181.0

5. The following user liked this post made by Luddite:

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    Is this the one with one light for dipped and one for main?

If you do find you need better lighting, there's a simple mod, which allows you to have both bulbs illuminated at the same time (two dipped or two main). I remember one of the bike mags gave full instructions for the conversion but I forget which one it was. This step-by-step guide on one of the owners' forums seems to cover it though:

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?topic=181.0
    Thanks

I knew there was a modification as i have seen other instructors on the same bikes with both lights illuminated so will look into that and see what i can do

have a Rep level as well

Liked 1,053 in 540 posts

Welcome to the Fazer club, albeit that you have the baby learners model

8. The following user liked this post made by Nordboy:

Liked 2,294 in 1,044 posts

Try not to drop it eh...

10. The following user liked this post made by nidge:

Liked 1,861 in 1,219 posts

Blimey, I've just noticed it has the OE headers. Mine were a bit of a state when I sold mine at 18 months old and although I used it everyday it was washed lots. Looks like it's been looked after.

12. The following user liked this post made by Supermofo:

Liked 5,612 in 3,003 posts
    Blog Entries

I remember the first time I had a go on one of these. I had a VTR at the time, got on the Fazer and couldn't believe the lack of engine braking on it. It was like a 2 stroke compared to the VTR
    It certainly went well for a 600 though.
    Happy new bike

14. The following user liked this post made by GiantPygmy:

Liked 10,463 in 5,992 posts

And a perfect bike to thrap around track without worrying about your pride and joy

16. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Weeksy:

Really Bored
    Liked 910 in 580 posts

Quote Originally Posted by nidge View Post
    Try not to drop it eh...
    And then blame 'the road'!

Seriously though - looks like a good 'un. I had about three of them and they're cracking little bikes.

18. The following user liked this post made by MsignorMartinez:

Quote Originally Posted by MsignorMartinez View Post
    And then blame 'the road'!

Seriously though - looks like a good 'un. I had about three of them and they're cracking little bikes.
    I "may" have had some letters from Highways England in respect of their care of the roads this week and safe to say it now wasnt my fault but despite an offer to cough up for damages they wont admit liability .... we continue

20. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Bigyin:

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    And a perfect bike to thrap around track without worrying about your pride and joy
    Yeah but shit to ride to Wales and back on

Bit of an update

Since i got the bike it has sat in the shed while i got on with other things and mainly use the Multistrada so today i took it out for its first proper run out.

Only did about 150-175 ish miles this afternoon in the half decent weather but a mix of dual, fast single and tight twisty country roads.

For an 18 year old bike the suspension is surprisingly good and the riding position is comfortable with a nice little bit of protection from the small fairing. The brakes i expected to be good as the blue spot calipers on the auld Yamahas are highly rated and they didnt disappoint. With the strange fuelling and no real drive low down till 8000 rpm overtakes had to be planned in advance with the left foot working more than i am used to coming from the 150BHP Ducati. I had decided to replace the fake Akra can with a standard exhaust as its too noisy as an training bike and i also thought that might sort out the poor fuelling but while out today i filled the tank and the change was noticeable in that it now drives properly at lower revs with only a small flat area about 5-6000 rpm so i am guessing the stale fuel from when the bike has been parked up for months has now flushed through so thats a bonus. I might now keep the aftermarket pipe and just lob in a DB Killer for the noise

A modification was mentioned earlier in the thread by Luddite to allow both headlights to work rather than just one and this bike seems to have already have it done

The rear tyre is squared off badly so that needs changing as it tracks road imperfections and markings but the front Dunlop is almost new (dont really like them but hey ho) so i'll lob a random rear on and replace both as a set with my favourite Angel GT2 when the rear replacement is fucked.

It will need a set of heated grips for winter and maybe a set of hand guards which will also allow the bar muffs to be fitted but all in all i have been pleasantly surprised by how much i enjoyed the afternoon trip out and for what i paid it appears to be a bargain

23. The following 8 users liked this useful post by Bigyin:

Liked 2,831 in 2,027 posts

I presume regulator rectifiers are a lot stronger now than days of old. I had a GSX750ES what i put a powerbronze twin headlamp fairing on. This was one light main an done high what TBH looked shit. I wired them to both work and the R&R could not cope. Burnt out two before selling the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by 1888 View Post
    I presume regulator rectifiers are a lot stronger now than days of old. I had a GSX750ES what i put a powerbronze twin headlamp fairing on. This was one light main an done high what TBH looked shit. I wired them to both work and the R&R could not cope. Burnt out two before selling the bike.
    I remember those fairings as well as the Crossbow ones, my mate put one on a GPZ750 with a set of clip ons and rear sets for that endurance racer look

ps, this ones seems ok and no burny smells

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission