TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Injector cleaner worth a go? Car Fred

Liked 2,098 in 1,372 posts

Default Re: Injector cleaner worth a go? Car Fred

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    So leak from the near the thermostat housing. 1 drip every 10 seconds, he is going to recover it to Hoddesdon for me. Joy.

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,869 in 2,378 posts

Trade it in for a nice 4 door family car

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-Mits...EAAOSwHwldt9uA

3. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:

Only down the road from me. If only I wasn't so sensible

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,869 in 2,378 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Supermofo View Post
    Only down the road from me. If only I wasn't so sensible
    I'd buy it, but I don't trust myself with 300 bhp, I'd either be banned or it would be in a ditch within 6 months

Ok had a call to say the parts are now in to fix the coolant leak as there was a delay as Hyundai had none kicking about. Think it's a thermostat housing and a pipe. They were about to start the job when they notice.......

A crack in the inlet manifold. Which makes a lot more sense with the rough running I was getting. So they have now ordered a new one of those plus all gaskets etc. 250 Plus whatever the above is gonna cost.

But does make me question if I needed the 170 job they charged me for last week which seems to me was probably a symptom of the leaking manifold rather than dephaser valves being blocked. I shall be asking when I go in tomorrow.

Liked 11,662 in 6,076 posts

Ok had a call to say the parts are now in to fix the coolant leak as there was a delay as Hyundai had none kicking about. Think it's a thermostat housing and a pipe. They were about to start the job when they notice.......

A crack in the inlet manifold. Which makes a lot more sense with the rough running I was getting. So they have now ordered a new one of those plus all gaskets etc. 250 Plus whatever the above is gonna cost.

But does make me question if I needed the 170 job they charged me for last week which seems to me was probably a symptom of the leaking manifold rather than dephaser valves being blocked. I shall be asking when I go in tomorrow.
    Not much you can do about it really. Exploratory work is normally carried out a the customers expense. You might get a good will gesture if you're lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Not much you can do about it really. Exploratory work is normally carried out a the customers expense. You might get a good will gesture if you're lucky?
    I doubt it too. But worth an ask with probably a 500 bill looming on top of the 170 last week.

9. The following user liked this post made by Supermofo:

So one week and 300 odd miles in and touch wood she is watertight and seemingly stutter/cut out free.

Then get in to find the Mrs C4 got driven into and its MIL light is on!!! I'm cursed

11. The following user liked this post made by Supermofo:

Hmmm. Done about a 1000 trouble free miles in the last month and then it cut out on me at a roundabout. Fine the next couple of days. Then been left over xmas till today when Mrs took it to work and its cut out several times, running like sh1t and engine light is back on.

After spending 900 quid on it a month ago I'm thinking take to garage to check something hasn't gone amiss and if not then clear the light hope it's in a good running mood and trade it.

If it's the same codes as before (not checked yet) then next steps I guess is new vvt solenoid which is a couple of hundred or sensors again at near 100 quid a pop. All sounding like a big bill for no guaranteed fix. Dont want to get rid but on a 2011 car it's not sounding worthwhile. Gutted as for the last month the new inlet manifold seemed to have sorted it. Any chance this could not have sealed properly?

Liked 3,056 in 2,177 posts

Can you not get a cheap OBD reader and clear the codes yourself. Motor may run fine again till the error comes back but it would be a lot cheaper DIY

14. The following user liked this post made by 1888:

Yeah my code reader can clear the codes. Gonna take a look tomorrow afternoon. Tonight I've been dosing myself on Kracken

Really Bored
    Liked 922 in 679 posts

Yeah my code reader can clear the codes. Gonna take a look tomorrow afternoon. Tonight I've been dosing myself on Kracken
    Is kracken whisky, or similar high octane juice?

If so, pour a half bottle inside the car and attach an ignition source.

17. The following user liked this post made by davidat19:

Its Rum. Too nice to burn a car with, sure there's some shit vodka somewhere in the cupboard.

Having slept on it I think I'll take it back to the garage to make sure some gasket isn't leaking or something from the new manifold but beyond that not spending any money on it. If it runs mostly I'll trade it, just gotta decide what for.

Hmmm garage are saying as they have looked at dephaser valves and the inlet manifold is good then it can only be the sensor. 112 fitted. Really reluctant to spend more money on this, but having spent 900 already I'll take the gamble as that might buy me some more time without having to get a new car. I think a new car will happen this year regardless but at least I might re-coupe some of my money back with a working car till the summer maybe.

If it doesn't work then it's we buy any car time. Don't want to take the risk trying to trade a poor running car where it might impact any deal I do.

20. The following user liked this post made by Supermofo:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission