TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kevlar suits for road use

Liked 376 in 218 posts

Default Re: Kevlar suits for road use

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Kevlar degrades in sunlight, I wonder if that might be an issue for garments that have been worn for a few years

Liked 3,409 in 2,245 posts

Quote Originally Posted by inewham View Post
    Kevlar degrades in sunlight, I wonder if that might be an issue for garments that have been worn for a few years
    So do fluorescent dyes. This 'safety' equipment is all a bit shit really

Liked 269 in 146 posts
    Blog Entries

Hideout Leathers do a thin, unlined textile suit that has better abrasion resistance should you crash. My mate had one on test for them and loved it. Light and cooler to ride in during the summer than leathers.

4. The following user liked this post made by whysub:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 947 in 555 posts

Quote Originally Posted by whysub View Post
    Hideout Leathers do a thin, unlined textile suit that has better abrasion resistance should you crash. My mate had one on test for them and loved it. Light and cooler to ride in during the summer than leathers.
    If that's the Metropole suit, I looked at that last year when I was after new riding kit... it's a bit eye-wateringly expensive at 1400. The site doesn't seem to have been updated for CE approval, and not a lot of info about the 'highly abrasion-resistant material' either.

Liked 3,924 in 1,957 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Perhaps because you have to be daft* to even consider getting aboard one, so they're doing their upmost to protect you?

* No offence to any passengers, but I heard, at an uncle's wake, that "He gave up trials sidecars when he ran out of people who would passenger with him".
    Oi, i did F1 sidecar passenger duties

The kevlar suits were a thing for a while as they were more flexible for moving about on the tray for the passengers so quite a few tried them

Once a few outfits flipped or passengers got lobbed out at speed they realised that the abrasion resistance wasnt as good as leather and the heat generated in a high speed slide was an issue so reverted back to leathers with stretch panels ...speedway still use them as speeds are lower, surface isnt as abrasive and they like the freedom of movement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission