TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rotator cuf, and Bicep Tenotomy

Liked 52 in 30 posts

Default Re: Rotator cuf, and Bicep Tenotomy

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Well, that visit didn't go as I was hoping it would. I am not making as much progress as expected, and She was concerned about my lack of movement/strength, so its back to have another scan. Oh, happy days!

Liked 3,358 in 1,705 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
    Well, that visit didn't go as I was hoping it would. I am not making as much progress as expected, and She was concerned about my lack of movement/strength, so its back to have another scan. Oh, happy days!

Damn. Crossing fingers that whatever the scans show it's fixable fast. And that you can get a scan fast too!

Liked 52 in 30 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
    Damn. Crossing fingers that whatever the scans show it's fixable fast. And that you can get a scan fast too!
    Thanks Noggin.

The scan is on the 25th, so not too long to wait.

4. The following user liked this post made by Pseudonym:

Thanks Noggin.

The scan is on the 25th, so not too long to wait.

Awesome. I'm seeing my scans on the 29th as the bit of the hospital in charge of scans wouldn't give me access (weird as every other one I've had they've given me an internet link to log on and see them!). Physio reckons that the consultant won't explain much to me, although I think she will a fair bit, going on previous RDVs. But I will then go and get copies from the scan division so that I can show them to the physio as well. Just so we know what we are working with!!

6. The following user liked this post made by Noggin:

Liked 4,037 in 2,021 posts

I wouldnt get too down mate as the muscle repairs are the bits that really take the time to heal and sounds like yours was more in depth as mine was all within the shoulder ... any undue pressure on the stitched bits can put you months behind. I started my build up by using the small bands from physio for slight pressure and then very very gentle swimming. I was even swimming side on strokes used for life saving i learned years ago and just dragging a float with the injured arm to give a slight resistance in the beginning before moving onto a gentle breast stroke ( oh err missus ). This also improved my movement a lot quicker than it had been doing before as 8 weeks in i couldnt lift my arm above vertical without using the other arm to lift it up

Once that started to show some improvement i slowly ramped it up but the start bit is fucking slow and frustrating but will come with time

8. The following 4 users liked this useful post by Bigyin:

Liked 52 in 30 posts

Last night, my Hubby recreated a simple pulley system for me to use, so I can continue one of the exercises I was doing at Physio.

10. The following user liked this post made by Pseudonym:

Last night, my Hubby recreated a simple pulley system for me to use, so I can continue one of the exercises I was doing at Physio.
    One of my challenges was how to recreate a couple of the physio exercises! Partly space and partly how to fix a band high enough up!! Got there in the end, but twas a challenge!!

Just take it gently and be positive.

Should Get Out More The Martian's Avatar
    Liked 3,733 in 2,156 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    Scaphoid bone? Mine is non-union & screwed together using a bone graft from my pelvis. The screw came loose so it's been broken since March 17th 2003.
    Micro fractures all over the scaphoid and trapezium.. aggravated by my slightly wonky wrist from previously snapping the radius and tendons damaged again (that have only been right for about a year after over 5 years of agg since I busted the radius). Oops.

Liked 1,179 in 503 posts
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear you've had surgery. I've had a rotator cuff injury in both shoulders by doing too many press-ups one day. I felt the pop/tear and have never been able to do a single one since. However even tough they hurt very occasionally now, some 13 years after the initial injury, I have had steroid into both shoulders every few (5-6) years and this has worked extremely well. Far, far less pain nowadays than before the injections. Overdoing it at the gym can tip me into a minor amount of pain again though, hence I've had repeat injections. I make sure that I do shoulder stretching physiotherapy every day without fail. Good luck with operations.

14. The following user liked this post made by hawker:

Liked 52 in 30 posts

Well, I've had my scan, and the good news is that the tear/repair is healing, with no further damage, but I'm still not getting any strength back or lift (horizontally), they wanted to give me a steroid injection, but I can't have those anymore, so they've suggested I come back in 3-4 months for them to assess me again. If I still can't get beyond where I am now (30 degrees eeeeeeeeek), then they'll look at other options, such as going in again!

I shall carry on with my exercises and see what happens.

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,691 in 2,253 posts

When I was healing from my fractured humurus (it wasn't funny) I did the physio exercises to the point where my shoulder hurt, several times a day, physio said I got movement back quicker because I did the exercises.

Liked 52 in 30 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    When I was healing from my fractured humurus (it wasn't funny) I did the physio exercises to the point where my shoulder hurt, several times a day, physio said I got movement back quicker because I did the exercises.
    Good for you.

She did manipulate my shoulder/bicep and felt resistance. She did say that it wouldn't go any further, as she felt a reluctance (her words) but did rule out frozen shoulder. Saying that my Bicep was cut too, so it's not just the shoulder. She also said that I have some arthritis there too, and that some People need extra help or longer to heal. I seem to be one of those People. Hey ho

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,691 in 2,253 posts

Good for you.
    I was trying to be helpful rather than smug.
    Good luck with healing

Liked 52 in 30 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    I was trying to be helpful rather than smug.
    Good luck with healing
    LOL, I didn't take it as being smug. I genuinely meant *good for you* I wasn't being sarcastic.

20. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Pseudonym:

Liked 4,037 in 2,021 posts

Well, I've had my scan, and the good news is that the tear/repair is healing, with no further damage, but I'm still not getting any strength back or lift (horizontally), they wanted to give me a steroid injection, but I can't have those anymore, so they've suggested I come back in 3-4 months for them to assess me again. If I still can't get beyond where I am now (30 degrees eeeeeeeeek), then they'll look at other options, such as going in again!

I shall carry on with my exercises and see what happens.
    To me that sounds more positive than before as the mention of needing more time to improve then re assess rather than surgery as a first option

I was really pissed off with how long mine took to start showing proper improvement compared to my other shoulder op which healed very quickly..... sounds boring but time really does help and once you start noticing the improvement then the doom and gloom lifts

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission