TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Track Day Thefts...

Liked 7,582 in 4,294 posts

Default Track Day Thefts...

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Fucking scum bags, nicking bikes while riders are at the briefing....

<taken from the No Limit's Friendface Page>

Today there was a incident at Oulton Park where 3 bikes was stolen while in the paddock and the riders was attended the safety briefing. We are asking everyone to share photos of the bikes below in a hope that it may make them too hot to handle and so help to recover them.
    Investigations are ongoing between Cheshire Police, MSV Oulton Park and ourselves.
    Early indications after the CCTV has been viewed is, a number of occupants in what is thought a stolen van was situated in the paddock while awaiting a quiet opportunity to strike. The briefing offering a ideal moment for that strike.
    This is extremely unusual and isolated incident for No Limits and the first I can recall in a number of years despite running 400 track days a year however practical measures are now being explored now to lessen the chances of this being repeated in the future.
    In the meantime, can all customers please be vigilant and report any suspicious activity within the paddock and assure no bikes are left unattended.
    BIKES IN QUESTION ARE; Blue Honda SP1. Yamaha R1 and a Yamaha 600
    If anyone has information about this, please contact Cheshire police, Oulton Park or ourselves

Liked 4,043 in 2,024 posts

Default Re: Track Day Thefts...

Mallory always used to be the draw for the low lifes for some reason. The local Premier Inns were targeted for bikes in vans and on trailers and i remember it was one of the few places my bikes i rode to meetings were always multi locked to other bikes if possible. I remember a race team having a van with 2 bikes on a trailer having the lot nicked as they were sorting out entry to the circuit ffs

Track days give open access to the paddock so its up to those attending to look out for each other against the scum

Should Get Out More demographic's Avatar
    Less than fifty miles from Moscow, honest guv...
    Liked 1,664 in 997 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigyin View Post
    The local Premier Inns were targeted
    Thieves target the guesthouses and so on in many towns, looking for tradesmen's vans. Part of the reason I'll never have a signwritten van.
    Carpenters tools are pretty easy to sell on and the first method to lessen my risk is to be under the radar.
    Then a big ass toolsafe in the van.

Not so sure about trackday vans but motocross racer vans absolutely scream high value items from a mile away, just read the stickers and you can guess the contents, especially on weekends when there's a local race.

4. The following user liked this post made by demographic:

At Work
    Liked 472 in 280 posts

Images from the face book post

Should Get Out More couchcommando's Avatar
    Liked 3,791 in 1,698 posts

The organisers only have to stop people leaving the paddock during briefing and just after, most circuits have a gate that is or can be manned for an hour.

7. The following 2 users liked this useful post by couchcommando:

Not Much To Do
    Liked 289 in 139 posts

Donnington had a spate of thefts at both Track Days and Race meetings. They put into place a system where you had your vehicle searched on exit and had to show a ticket for each Bike from Race officials/TD organisers.

Liked 6,197 in 3,892 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nobbynumbnut View Post
    Donnington had a spate of thefts at both Track Days and Race meetings. They put into place a system where you had your vehicle searched on exit and had to show a ticket for each Bike from Race officials/TD organisers.
    I first saw that at a drag race day at Melbourne Raceway in 1989

Liked 10,467 in 5,994 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nobbynumbnut View Post
    Not the last 3 times i've been there, all in the last 12 months, there wasn't even anyone on the gate, let alone checking anything.

Liked 2,333 in 1,197 posts

Quote Originally Posted by couchcommando View Post
    The organisers only have to stop people leaving the paddock during briefing and just after, most circuits have a gate that is or can be manned for an hour.
    I believe that's what they intend to do now.

Liked 320 in 236 posts

Quote Originally Posted by demographic View Post
    Thieves target the guesthouses and so on in many towns, looking for tradesmen's vans. Part of the reason I'll never have a signwritten van.
    Carpenters tools are pretty easy to sell on and the first method to lessen my risk is to be under the radar.
    Then a big ass toolsafe in the van.

Not so sure about trackday vans but motocross racer vans absolutely scream high value items from a mile away, just read the stickers and you can guess the contents, especially on weekends when there's a local race.
    My neighbour was/is a carpenter .. he told me all the tools for sale on Brick Lane and Cheshire street were probably stolen - and their there were loads of stalls selling them - this is pre take off of interweb -late nineties.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Track days give open access to the paddock.

Really Bored
    Liked 830 in 606 posts

Quote Originally Posted by joedixon View Post
    Kitchens? If not have a cheese and pineapple thing...

Not Much To Do
    Liked 69 in 46 posts

Quote Originally Posted by joedixon View Post
    I was at Cadwell last Friday and they put a barrier across the pit entrance with a security guard next to it during the rider briefing.

16. The following user liked this post made by tarmacsurfer:

Liked 10,348 in 5,394 posts

Quote Originally Posted by asmethurst View Post
    My neighbour was/is a carpenter .. he told me all the tools for sale on Brick Lane and Cheshire street were probably stolen - and their there were loads of stalls selling them - this is pre take off of interweb -late nineties.
    Most turn up at boot sales round here. It kicked off at one last year when a guy saw his brothers tools for sale and called his brother. He came down with some mates and basically kicked the shit out of the Romanians who were selling them!

18. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Taipan:

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission