TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Commuter thread: Gore-tex gear needs replacing. To Rukka or not to Rukka?

Liked 4,045 in 2,025 posts

Default Re: Commuter thread: Gore-tex gear needs replacing. To Rukka or not to Rukka?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Dated 2017, Motolegends said:

And finally, don't forget our 10% Price Beat Guarantee. If anybody in the UK offers any Rukka item cheaper than us, we'll beat that price by a full 10%. If the seller is in the EU, we'll match the price.
    Best get shopping as its only 10 days to go ..... or is it

Liked 3,515 in 2,331 posts

Default Re: Commuter thread: Gore-tex gear needs replacing. To Rukka or not to Rukka?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigyin View Post
    Best get shopping as its only 10 days to go ..... or is it
    I think that the other retailer mentioned here will still be in the EU even after then

Liked 298 in 162 posts
    Blog Entries

I used Rukka for years-commuted everyday 120 miles, many more if I was called out to work. Last set leaked after a couple of hours, and zips kept breaking.

So had a made to measure textile suit from Hideout Leathers. Cost a little bit less than an off the peg Rukka. Fitted with decent Forcefield armour, not the crap tha Rukka use that isnt CE marked for impact..
    Three years on it is still waterproof and very warm in the winter. A zip on the leg broke when I forced it over my boot when in a hurry, but rode there and a new zip was replaced, free of charge, whilst I waited. The construction is good, and I have no doubt it would survive a slide down the road better than the Rukka, which feels not as well made.

Purely subjective of course, but best textiles I've ever had in 40 odd years.

4. The following 3 users liked this useful post by whysub:

Not Much To Do
    Liked 63 in 41 posts

Quote Originally Posted by whysub View Post
    made to measure textile suit from Hideout Leathers ... best textiles I've ever had in 40 odd years.
    Is that Hideoutís Hi-Pro suit then?

I used Rukka for years ... and zips kept breaking.
    Thatís my experience of Rukka too. Endless broken zips

I donít think Rukkaís made in Finland anymore. If so, perhaps that explains it.

Liked 1,543 in 894 posts

I used Rukka for years-commuted everyday 120 miles, many more if I was called out to work. Last set leaked after a couple of hours, and zips kept breaking.

So had a made to measure textile suit from Hideout Leathers. Cost a little bit less than an off the peg Rukka. Fitted with decent Forcefield armour, not the crap tha Rukka use that isnt CE marked for impact..
    Three years on it is still waterproof and very warm in the winter. A zip on the leg broke when I forced it over my boot when in a hurry, but rode there and a new zip was replaced, free of charge, whilst I waited. The construction is good, and I have no doubt it would survive a slide down the road better than the Rukka, which feels not as well made.

Purely subjective of course, but best textiles I've ever had in 40 odd years.
    One or two piece?
    Also, is it a laminate or z-lined outer?
    How wet does it get in a 2 hour downpour?

Just to add from today i was out on a training road ride today in torrential rain with a couple of students and my Dainese Carve Master 2 suit stood up to it well. All warm and dry underneath despite the weathers best efforts and thats several times now i have been properly soaked in the last few months for long periods at a time in the kit which has held up well.

Sadly the cheaper stuff we have for the students to borrow didnt stand up quite as well so they got a little bit damp in places but way better than their own jeans and hoodies would have survived without the provided kit

Liked 2,838 in 2,032 posts

Have a look at the RST Paragon V range. You will get a sturdy jacket with armour for around £200 and zip in trousers from £130

Liked 298 in 162 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RiceBurner View Post
    One or two piece?
    Also, is it a laminate or z-lined outer?
    How wet does it get in a 2 hour downpour?
    It is a Hi Pro two piece suit and I have ridden in rain for a whole day before without any leakage. Best thing is the outer shell repels water (is this what you mean by laminate?) and once home and hung over a chair in the kitchen, is bone dry in a couple of hours, even the cuffs. Often my Rukka kit wouldn't dry fully overnight, so was still a bit damp the next day. Only need the liner for the coldest of days, and the suit meets the highest CE standards-essential when it is supplied as PPE by my (former) employers.

More details here:

https://www.hideout-leather.co.uk/police

10. The following 2 users liked this useful post by whysub:

It is a Hi Pro two piece suit and I have ridden in rain for a whole day before without any leakage. Best thing is the outer shell repels water (is this what you mean by laminate?) and once home and hung over a chair in the kitchen, is bone dry in a couple of hours, even the cuffs. Often my Rukka kit wouldn't dry fully overnight, so was still a bit damp the next day. Only need the liner for the coldest of days, and the suit meets the highest CE standards-essential when it is supplied as PPE by my (former) employers.

More details here:

https://www.hideout-leather.co.uk/police
    The leathers they make are superb quality as have seen them used by a few mates as they supplied my old employer ..... i havent seen the Hi Pro jackets though as most of the bike plod lads i knew wore Rukka when they chose textile so would be interested to see them

Liked 298 in 162 posts
    Blog Entries

I've also a set of their made to measure leathers (thanks employer) which were comfortable and supple from the first time of wearing. Unlike my BKS that were as supple as cardboard, even after 6 months.

If you can, get over to them and see Kate or Rachel. They will no doubt be at the NEC, so you can see them there. A couple of times I popped in to the shop for a cuppa, they had a few officers from PSNI in there getting fitted up (for suits!).

13. The following user liked this post made by whysub:

Really Bored
    Liked 409 in 210 posts

Quote Originally Posted by RiceBurner View Post
    I've often wondered if that would work.
    Reports please.
    Was out in "Welsh" rain for about 3 hours today wearing my Marmot PreCip Fabsil coated jacket. Rain droplets did appear to start soaking into the outer fabric though I remained dry except for sweat/condensation on the inner jacket (my fault for not opening the zip vents). The Fabsil worked well.

15. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Beancounter:

Liked 944 in 529 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
    "Welsh" Marmot PreCip Fabsil .
    Ghey slang for sheep shagging 😎

Liked 132 in 84 posts

Not rukka I use British motorcycle gear discovery jacket fantastic jacket and warm, very warm

A Bit Bored
    Liked 54 in 31 posts

For anyone in the market for new winter gear, Motolegends have just announced a sale of some Halvarssons clothing with up to 50% off. I've had a Halvarssons jacket for 5 years and I'd happily recommend their products.

https://mailchi.mp/motolegends.com/h...e?e=d61705d4f9

19. The following user liked this post made by Luddite:

Liked 7,590 in 4,300 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    For anyone in the market for new winter gear, Motolegends have just announced a sale of some Halvarssons clothing with up to 50% off. I've had a Halvarssons jacket for 5 years and I'd happily recommend their products.

https://mailchi.mp/motolegends.com/h...e?e=d61705d4f9
    Excellent, I was going to buy a Halvarssons leather jacket the other day, but decided to wait for the bike show at the NEC, but those prices are very tempting, if only I could remember which size it was I tried on!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission