TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

Liked 1,365 in 780 posts

Default Re: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Bullshit, discrimination based on nationality is xenophobia. You can't claim Irish who hate the English is based on race.

And if you have three (ferinstance) muslims who happen to be white, black & arab & you discriminate against one of them who happens to be a different color than you would be based on race, NOT religion.. The religion part of it has fuck all to do with race.

This blurring of the lines has rendered the race card obsolete. I got called a racist yesterday because I pointed out that Nancy Pelosi is a blithering fucking idiot by another blithering fucking idiot who has NO idea what race I happen to be (*human*)

2. The following user liked this post made by ZRX61:

At Work
    Liked 532 in 346 posts

Default Re: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    However I find myself in difficulties, since 100% of Bulgarians that I have any knowledge of at all are either twats or thugs.
    Strange, I've been living in Bulgaria for over a year and can't think of a single person that I've taken a dislike to. Maybe it's an age thing

Liked 1,397 in 992 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoonercat View Post
    Strange, I've been living in Bulgaria for over a year and can't think of a single person that I've taken a dislike to. Maybe it's an age thing
    Not so sure what that statement actually conveys

At Work
    Liked 532 in 346 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    Not so sure what that statement actually conveys

Possibly that my Bulgarian is so bad that I can't understand "Piss off back home you English bastard" when it's said behind a smile

6. The following 6 users liked this useful post by Hoonercat:

Should Get Out More demographic's Avatar
    Less than fifty miles from Moscow, honest guv...
    Liked 1,664 in 997 posts

Seems that Vals complaint is fair enough to me.
    To accuse someone of something based purely on their race is racism. Its the fucming definition of it.
    Then theres the "Go back to where you came from" stuff? What the hell do you lot thing thats all about?

Try saying that to someone black and see what they think of it.

You might not like Vals points on several issues but some peoples arguments against him are both racist and piss fucking poor.

Liked 5,131 in 3,426 posts

Quote Originally Posted by demographic View Post
    To accuse someone of something based purely on their race is racism. Its the fucming definition of it.
    Then theres the "Go back to where you came from" stuff? What the hell do you lot thing thats all about?

You might not like Vals points on several issues but some peoples arguments against him are both racist and piss fucking poor.
    Val promised to go away if we voted for Brexit but he's still here annoying/amusing us. He's a valid target for "Go back where you came from" comments.

9. The following user liked this post made by saga_lout:

Liked 1,419 in 694 posts

In case you hadn’t noticed ..Val has spent the past 18 months telling us our country is a shithole and going to get worse ..telling him to go back to Bulgaria isn’t so much racist, as sound practical advice when faced with his hatred of this country ....

I think the phrase, biting the hand that feeds you comes to mind ...

11. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Gedge:

Should Get Out More demographic's Avatar
    Less than fifty miles from Moscow, honest guv...
    Liked 1,664 in 997 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gedge View Post
    In case you hadn’t noticed ..Val has spent the past 18 months telling us our country is a shithole and going to get worse ..telling him to go back to Bulgaria isn’t so much racist, as sound practical advice when faced with his hatred of this country ....

I think the phrase, biting the hand that feeds you comes to mind ...
    Somewhere in the dim and distant past I seem to remember you posting a pretty good definition of racism in the context of people talking about Gypsies.
    Pretty sure it covered a fair amount of this, not searched for it just yet...

Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Liked 2,988 in 2,024 posts

Somewhere in the dim and distant past I seem to remember you posting a pretty good definition of racism in the context of people talking about Gypsies.
    Pretty sure it covered a fair amount of this, not searched for it just yet...
    Calling all Bulgarians or all Gypsies wankers is racist. That doesn't mean that no Gypsies are wankers, and we have living proof that Val the Bulgarian is a wanker. And telling him to piss of is just plain common sense.

Liked 1,397 in 992 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    Calling all Bulgarians or all Gypsies wankers is racist.
    No. Wanker isn't a racist term, otherwise I'm in a race of my own, being a total wanker myself.

It may be judgemental to call all Bulgarians wankers, but it's certainly not racist.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 4,243 in 2,439 posts
    Blog Entries

Have a word with yourselves FFS.

Liked 1,397 in 992 posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    Have a word with yourselves FFS.
    What shall we say?

Liked 2,502 in 1,384 posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    Bullshit, discrimination based on nationality is xenophobia. You can't claim Irish who hate the English is based on race.
    Linguistically yes, legally no (in the UK).

And if you have three (ferinstance) muslims who happen to be white, black & arab & you discriminate against one of them who happens to be a different color than you would be based on race, NOT religion.. The religion part of it has fuck all to do with race.
    Linguistically yes, legally no (in the UK).

This blurring of the lines has rendered the race card obsolete. I got called a racist yesterday because I pointed out that Nancy Pelosi is a blithering fucking idiot by another blithering fucking idiot who has NO idea what race I happen to be (*human*)
    That's not the race card being played or lines being blurred, that's just an idiot you were speaking to - assuming the remarks you made were not inherently racist in nature.

Liked 2,294 in 1,044 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    What shall we say?
    How about hiding behind semantic arguments to cover your racism marks you out as a cock?

19. The following user liked this post made by nidge:

Liked 1,397 in 992 posts

Quote Originally Posted by nidge View Post
    How about hiding behind semantic arguments to cover your racism marks you out as a cock?
    What semantic argument?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission