TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

Really Bored
    Liked 489 in 372 posts
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Ok people. I am getting sick now of all the racist crap spread by some people here. They are either too ignorant all do that on purpose, so let me clear what is racism for you all.

It's about definition of racism not about dictionary definition of race.

The racism is any use of derogatory language towards ethnicity, race, nationality or religion.

To answer your questions what racism can be:

1. Johnson comparing all muslims wearing burka to letter boxes and referring to black people as "piccaninnies" and talking about "watermelon smiles" is racism.

2. Leave.EU poster calling Merkel kraut is a racism no different then anybody aclling black people the n... word.

3. Farage saying: "Any fair-minded person would've perfect right to be concerned if group of Romanian people suddenly moved in next door" is racism.

4. Corbyn defending the mural that say all jews are evil is racism.

So yes when you say anything against all Bulgarians it's racist and wrong. I don't mind you calling me or any other person from bulgarian origin any names personally.

That is fine, it is your opinion feel free to be angry. But saying something derogatory against all bulgarians is a racism not different then Farage racsim against Romanians or Leave.EU racist posting crap against Merkel. Which BTW has been removed and Richard Tice has issued apology. Means you can have any political view as extreme as Tice and not be a racist.

Hope that post is educational for all.

Racist and Religious Hate Crime - Prosecution Guidance
    Incident

Was there any use of derogatory language towards ethnicity, race, nationality or religion,
    https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...ution-guidance

2. The following 4 users liked this useful post by Val:

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,691 in 2,253 posts

Default Re: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

Is that a legal definition of racism or what most people consider to be racism, because they aren't the same thing, and calling someone a racist is a nasty thing to do, and seems to be done without thought to the consequences.

In the early 80s racism was kicking in people because they were of a different race, now it seems to be calling someone a nasty name is considered to be as bad as this.

Calling people nasty names isn't nice, but it isn't worth getting worked up about, it's the stuff of children's playgrounds, if you don't let it bother you, the people doing it stop doing it.

4. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:

Eating the last biscuit with the Daily Mail reader.
    Liked 4,782 in 2,376 posts

Default Re: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

So can we still use the term 'Sooty' or not?

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,691 in 2,253 posts

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    No, it's puppetism.

Liked 6,174 in 3,879 posts
    Blog Entries

Sooty and Sweep were made in bradistan

Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Liked 2,988 in 2,024 posts

So I am not being racist in calling 1 Bulgarian an annoying twat with no obvious redeeming features, and a large number of Bulgarians racist thugs for their recent behaviour at a football match.

However I find myself in difficulties, since 100% of Bulgarians that I have any knowledge of at all are either twats or thugs. Am I allowed to draw conclusions? How big a sample would I need to draw valid conclusions? And if my sample were large enough to be statistically valid would I be a racist if I did draw conclusions and published them?

9. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Cousin Jack:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 1,476 in 934 posts

That would depend on if he cleans chinmeys and has a black powdery substance on his face.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    So I am not being racist in calling 1 Bulgarian an annoying twat with no obvious redeeming features, and a large number of Bulgarians racist thugs for their recent behaviour at a football match.

However I find myself in difficulties, since 100% of Bulgarians that I have any knowledge of at all are either twats or thugs. Am I allowed to draw conclusions? How big a sample would I need to draw valid conclusions? And if my sample were large enough to be statistically valid would I be a racist if I did draw conclusions and published them?
    Amen brother

Should Get Out More The Martian's Avatar
    Liked 3,732 in 2,155 posts
    Blog Entries

I guess you didn't watch the football or related news this week then? I'd shut the fuck up about racism if I were you.

The majority of negative comments towards you that you don't like are because you're a twat, not because of your nationality. If people are being racist towards you because you're a twat well they're being twats as well so call them out and report the post; the forum chief won't stand for racism - there are forum members from all over the world on here but only you who thinks there is a problem.. because the problem is with you.

Perhaps you should consider that this isn't the forum for you if you don't like the reception you get from other members?

13. The following 2 users liked this useful post by The Martian:

Really Bored
    Liked 1,752 in 977 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    Ok people. I am getting sick now of all the racist crap spread by some people here. They are either too ignorant all do that on purpose, so let me clear what is racism for you all.

And you post hate speeches all the time, based on your perception of other peoples beliefs.

So pot and kettle.. many are fucked off with your dribble, so feel free to fuck off whenever you like.

15. The following user liked this post made by rudolph:

Liked 2,834 in 2,029 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post

You can call him a Bulgarian. You can call him a bastard you apparently cant call him a Bulgarian Bastard. Personally i dont give a fuck and if he dont like it here fuck of home

Liked 1,397 in 992 posts

Well, Val, that back fired, didn't it?

Liked 302 in 204 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    I don't mind you calling me or any other person from bulgarian origin any names personally.

good, do one you dirty mangal

19. The following user liked this post made by jane:

Blog Entries

Bulgarians are racist wankers...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50081437

Liked 3,971 in 2,679 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post
    good, do one you dirty mangal
    They’re from Somerset aren’t they?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission