TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 90

Thread: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

  1. #1
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Bracknell
    Posts
    2,941
    Like
    2,826
    Liked 497 in 377 posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Lightbulb What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Ok people. I am getting sick now of all the racist crap spread by some people here. They are either too ignorant all do that on purpose, so let me clear what is racism for you all.

    It's about definition of racism not about dictionary definition of race.

    The racism is any use of derogatory language towards ethnicity, race, nationality or religion.

    To answer your questions what racism can be:

    1. Johnson comparing all muslims wearing burka to letter boxes and referring to black people as "piccaninnies" and talking about "watermelon smiles" is racism.

    2. Leave.EU poster calling Merkel kraut is a racism no different then anybody aclling black people the n... word.

    3. Farage saying: "Any fair-minded person would've perfect right to be concerned if group of Romanian people suddenly moved in next door" is racism.

    4. Corbyn defending the mural that say all jews are evil is racism.

    So yes when you say anything against all Bulgarians it's racist and wrong. I don't mind you calling me or any other person from bulgarian origin any names personally.

    That is fine, it is your opinion feel free to be angry. But saying something derogatory against all bulgarians is a racism not different then Farage racsim against Romanians or Leave.EU racist posting crap against Merkel. Which BTW has been removed and Richard Tice has issued apology. Means you can have any political view as extreme as Tice and not be a racist.

    Hope that post is educational for all.


    Racist and Religious Hate Crime - Prosecution Guidance
    Incident

    Was there any use of derogatory language towards ethnicity, race, nationality or religion,
    https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...ution-guidance



  2. The following 4 users liked this useful post by Val:


  3. #2
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    16,852
    Like
    1,362
    Liked 3,856 in 2,373 posts

    Default Re: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

    Is that a legal definition of racism or what most people consider to be racism, because they aren't the same thing, and calling someone a racist is a nasty thing to do, and seems to be done without thought to the consequences.

    In the early 80s racism was kicking in people because they were of a different race, now it seems to be calling someone a nasty name is considered to be as bad as this.

    Calling people nasty names isn't nice, but it isn't worth getting worked up about, it's the stuff of children's playgrounds, if you don't let it bother you, the people doing it stop doing it.

  4. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:


  5. #3
    Should Get Out More gremlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Eating the last biscuit with the Daily Mail reader.
    Posts
    17,326
    Like
    617
    Liked 5,278 in 2,646 posts

    Default Re: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

    So can we still use the term 'Sooty' or not?

  6. #4
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    16,852
    Like
    1,362
    Liked 3,856 in 2,373 posts

    Default Re: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

    Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    So can we still use the term 'Sooty' or not?
    No, it's puppetism.

  7. #5
    Should Get Out More Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    41,648
    Like
    7,235
    Liked 6,813 in 4,240 posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

    Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    So can we still use the term 'Sooty' or not?
    Sooty and Sweep were made in bradistan

  8. #6
    Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Down in the Duchy (at last)
    Posts
    17,829
    Like
    5,369
    Liked 3,320 in 2,254 posts

    Default Re: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

    So I am not being racist in calling 1 Bulgarian an annoying twat with no obvious redeeming features, and a large number of Bulgarians racist thugs for their recent behaviour at a football match.

    However I find myself in difficulties, since 100% of Bulgarians that I have any knowledge of at all are either twats or thugs. Am I allowed to draw conclusions? How big a sample would I need to draw valid conclusions? And if my sample were large enough to be statistically valid would I be a racist if I did draw conclusions and published them?

  9. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Cousin Jack:


  10. #7
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    7,218
    Like
    42
    Liked 1,630 in 1,019 posts

    Default Re: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

    Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    So can we still use the term 'Sooty' or not?
    That would depend on if he cleans chinmeys and has a black powdery substance on his face.

  11. #8
    Should Get Out More Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    41,648
    Like
    7,235
    Liked 6,813 in 4,240 posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    So I am not being racist in calling 1 Bulgarian an annoying twat with no obvious redeeming features, and a large number of Bulgarians racist thugs for their recent behaviour at a football match.

    However I find myself in difficulties, since 100% of Bulgarians that I have any knowledge of at all are either twats or thugs. Am I allowed to draw conclusions? How big a sample would I need to draw valid conclusions? And if my sample were large enough to be statistically valid would I be a racist if I did draw conclusions and published them?
    Amen brother

  12. #9
    Should Get Out More The Martian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth...just visiting
    Posts
    31,951
    Like
    6,816
    Liked 3,933 in 2,268 posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

    I guess you didn't watch the football or related news this week then? I'd shut the fuck up about racism if I were you.

    The majority of negative comments towards you that you don't like are because you're a twat, not because of your nationality. If people are being racist towards you because you're a twat well they're being twats as well so call them out and report the post; the forum chief won't stand for racism - there are forum members from all over the world on here but only you who thinks there is a problem.. because the problem is with you.

    Perhaps you should consider that this isn't the forum for you if you don't like the reception you get from other members?

  13. The following 2 users liked this useful post by The Martian:


  14. #10
    Should Get Out More 1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    JockLand
    Posts
    27,403
    Like
    928
    Liked 3,037 in 2,166 posts

    Default Re: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    So I am not being racist in calling 1 Bulgarian an annoying twat with no obvious redeeming features, and a large number of Bulgarians racist thugs for their recent behaviour at a football match.

    However I find myself in difficulties, since 100% of Bulgarians that I have any knowledge of at all are either twats or thugs. Am I allowed to draw conclusions? How big a sample would I need to draw valid conclusions? And if my sample were large enough to be statistically valid would I be a racist if I did draw conclusions and published them?
    You can call him a Bulgarian. You can call him a bastard you apparently cant call him a Bulgarian Bastard. Personally i dont give a fuck and if he dont like it here fuck of home

  15. #11
    Should Get Out More Ant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sausagechester
    Posts
    19,323
    Like
    207
    Liked 1,537 in 1,093 posts

    Default Re: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

    Well, Val, that back fired, didn't it?

  16. #12
    At Work jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,041
    Like
    389
    Liked 335 in 228 posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    I don't mind you calling me or any other person from bulgarian origin any names personally.

    good, do one you dirty mangal

  17. The following user liked this post made by jane:


  18. #13
    Should Get Out More Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    41,648
    Like
    7,235
    Liked 6,813 in 4,240 posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

    Bulgarians are racist wankers...

    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50081437

  19. #14
    Should Get Out More ink ink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29,025
    Like
    207
    Liked 4,299 in 2,878 posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

    Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post
    good, do one you dirty mangal
    They’re from Somerset aren’t they?

  20. #15
    Should Get Out More ZRX61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,988
    Like
    2,025
    Liked 1,468 in 848 posts

    Default Re: What is racism - the definite guide with examples for the people in doubt.

    Bullshit, discrimination based on nationality is xenophobia. You can't claim Irish who hate the English is based on race.

    And if you have three (ferinstance) muslims who happen to be white, black & arab & you discriminate against one of them who happens to be a different color than you would be based on race, NOT religion.. The religion part of it has fuck all to do with race.

    This blurring of the lines has rendered the race card obsolete. I got called a racist yesterday because I pointed out that Nancy Pelosi is a blithering fucking idiot by another blithering fucking idiot who has NO idea what race I happen to be (*human*)

  21. The following user liked this post made by ZRX61:


Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission