TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday Thread, wotcha up to at the weekend then?

Liked 10,463 in 5,992 posts

Default Re: Friday Thread, wotcha up to at the weekend then?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Fri : Cycling and Beer/pizza
    Sat : Cycling, KFC, cake, beer
    Sun : Cycling, beer, pub, football.

May not look interesting to most... but to me, it's awesome !!!

2. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Weeksy:

Liked 1,397 in 992 posts

Quote Originally Posted by KungFooBob View Post
    New fridge being delivered on Saturday. Exciting times!
    Just make sure you take some time out to chill.

Liked 316 in 234 posts

Today I plastic welded a bit of fairing on the Fireblade and much to my surprise it turned out ok ish ...tomorrow working innit

5. The following 3 users liked this useful post by asmethurst:

Liked 3,358 in 1,705 posts

Went to a bar in the valley today as some friends are brewers and were launching a new beer. I'm so happy and disappointed!! The beer was flipping lovely - could have drunk that all evening!! Only I couldn't cos had to drive home! But I know what to ask for next time I'm down there! LOL

Tomorrow - trying to persuade myself to get up early and go down to the valley to watch the England game. Then either stay for the Ireland game or come back and crash out/do some more sorting out!! LOL

Sunday - Drive to the valley to watch the French game. Probably should stay for the Japan game as have to collect stuff from near the main town at 5pm. But - met some people that I worked with in the summer and they might want to go and watch the French game, so I might end up coming back up then going down to collect the 'stuff'!! But, I'll work that out if they want to go too!! LOL

Liked 2,628 in 1,429 posts

Saturday: Sailing with son in law, almost-a-daughter and three year old grandson.
    Sunday : Oldest grandson's birthday party. He's 5. While everyone fusses over him I will spend quality time with my 2 year old granddaughter who, it should come as no surprise, is cuter than a bug's ear and a joy beyond all reason.

8. The following 2 users liked this useful post by murcan:

Liked 4,037 in 2,021 posts

Quote Originally Posted by V8-Powered View Post
    Weekend away with the missus - Holkham Hall in deepest darkest Norfolk.....

Watch out, there be dragons there

Today was the joys of multiple soakings in the heavy rain showers while following 3 students on their Mod 2 tests with the blessing of the examiner who encourages it among new instructors as they get to see what he is failing / passing people on. Fortunate our Mod 2 examiner is a bike nut, hates doing car tests and keeps asking us to take on more work so he can stay on bikes more

Tomorrow is some pre Mod 1 training with a couple of my former CBT students then gym in the afternoon.

Sunday will be chill day and watching MotoGP all going to plan

On the M1 which doesn’t have a hard shoulder
    Liked 434 in 214 posts

Work, lates today so on until 2200, hopefully nothing to deal with.
    Sunday, to the gf’s where we shall have beef, wine and afternoon snooze. Hope it isn’t raining in the morning so I can get the roof down on the Z to drive to hers.
    Monday, car cleaning, got mine, hers and the Mini to do along with garden furniture cleaning and putting away.
    Tuesday, home, sort out and get ready for work again on Wednesday.
    Cheers, have fun all
    Mick.

Liked 1,400 in 1,009 posts

I was out at Trinity in town for a wicked night friday.

https://www.facebook.com/events/trin...1449048913126/

It was a battle between two of my fav sound systems. The MC's had a bit of an ongoing beef and they stopped the music for 5 mins and had a bit of an argument across the mics, was quite funny and made each system pull out all their real rare tracks. I was there till the end at 5am.

Done fuck all sat.

Sunday was finishing off the latest music video, looking good now, but not sharing it until we release the album next year....

Just got 2 new tracks back too. We managed to talk Blackout JA to collaborate with Daddy Freddy on one of our tracks. They went to london to record it friday. We sent them 2 tracks to choose from and they only went and done two tracks for us in the end as they licked them both, bonus.

So we now have 7 vocalists on the album:

Blackout JA x 3 tracks
    Daddy Freddy x 2 tracks
    Little Harry
    Romy Harmony
    Aretha Mary Jah
    Peppery
    Talisman

12. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Greenman:

Liked 1,957 in 1,017 posts

My weekend name-dropping is not quite as grand as Greenman's but I went to the Gollancz Festival Writer's Day at the Phoenix Arts Club on Charring Cross Road on Saturday, which was asbolutely epic. Met some fellow wannabe sci-fi and fantasy writers, listened to some great talks from the likes of Garth Nix and Ben Aaronovitch, and had some personal advice time / conversations with VV James, Joanne Harris, Joe Abercrombie, Catriona Ward, Emma Newman and Ed McDonald, and I even managed to annoy Gavin Smith until he had an opportunity to escape for his free lunch.

Fab ride to London and back on the bike too, diverted around the marches with no major problems and didn't (to the best of my knowledge) end up on any bus-only roads. I obeyed the speed limits religiously (at least from Southampton to London in the morning and from London to Newbury in the evening). Couldn't find any signage on the motorcycle parking bay by the TUC that said I had to pay, so I will cross my fingers for a couple more weeks before declaring this trip to London free of fines.

Pretty sure there aren't any cameras between Newbury and Chippenham which is just as well because it was cold and dark and I felt slightly cheated at being stuck in the 50mph limit from London to Reading while my fingers and arse and brain went numb.

14. The following user liked this post made by Mad Ax:

Liked 1,400 in 1,009 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Ax View Post
    My weekend name-dropping is not quite as grand as Greenman's but I went to the Gollancz Festival Writer's Day at the Phoenix Arts Club on Charring Cross Road on Saturday, which was asbolutely epic. Met some fellow wannabe sci-fi and fantasy writers, listened to some great talks from the likes of Garth Nix and Ben Aaronovitch, and had some personal advice time / conversations with VV James, Joanne Harris, Joe Abercrombie, Catriona Ward, Emma Newman and Ed McDonald, and I even managed to annoy Gavin Smith until he had an opportunity to escape for his free lunch.

Fab ride to London and back on the bike too, diverted around the marches with no major problems and didn't (to the best of my knowledge) end up on any bus-only roads. I obeyed the speed limits religiously (at least from Southampton to London in the morning and from London to Newbury in the evening). Couldn't find any signage on the motorcycle parking bay by the TUC that said I had to pay, so I will cross my fingers for a couple more weeks before declaring this trip to London free of fines.

Pretty sure there aren't any cameras between Newbury and Chippenham which is just as well because it was cold and dark and I felt slightly cheated at being stuck in the 50mph limit from London to Reading while my fingers and arse and brain went numb.
    I'm looking at all those names you list probably just as you are looking at the artists i listed and am thinking, "i don't know any of those people"...

16. The following user liked this post made by Greenman:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission