TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phillip Island MotoGP 2019

Liked 2,484 in 1,276 posts

Default Re: Phillip Island MotoGP 2019

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by hilldweller View Post
    What does the team think !

Rossi.

Were they being very generous and respectful to the old guy on his 400th start ?
    Genuine opinion, nothing personal. He's not the rider he was. I guess he still sells bikes because otherwise he's just taking up space that a younger faster rider could use.

Liked 35 in 31 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Genuine opinion, nothing personal. He's not the rider he was. I guess he still sells bikes because otherwise he's just taking up space that a younger faster rider could use.
    Sorry, I did not make myself clear or maybe you did not see the start. Rossi took off like he had nitrous fitted and led for about a lap, the rest way behind, then got gobbled up. I though it a bit of a gesture from the other riders.

Liked 10,655 in 6,104 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Well, he's on a Honda that is pretty much identical to the one that's leading the world championship by a mile, so one answer might be to win a bit more, or at least get more podiums (at times when faster riders are still upright). I'm not putting him down, to do what he has done requires a massive degree of skill and dedication, but being honest you have to admit, he's no alien.
    Granted, but being the 2nd best Honda when he stays on is impressive and beating the guys he beats week in week out takes some doing.
    When you consider the level the rest of the British riders have reached, either recently or even in the more distant past, he's one of the best riders we as a nation have ever produced.
    But still he gets stick from many. Luckily for us, his boss seems to disagree with the sofa massive public

4. The following user liked this post made by Weeksy:

Liked 1,691 in 743 posts

Quote Originally Posted by hilldweller View Post
    Sorry, I did not make myself clear or maybe you did not see the start. Rossi took off like he had nitrous fitted and led for about a lap, the rest way behind, then got gobbled up. I though it a bit of a gesture from the other riders.
    Nah, not in a million years- That made me smile a bit- I don't think you understand the mentality of a (this isn't a team sport- they are all individuals and out for themselves) bike racer.

Liked 1,939 in 1,180 posts

The Rossi start was a great thing to see and I cheered loudly. However, he obviously did not get his tyres setup right and was gobbled up later on by people who did. As to Crutchlow, staying on is the trick. He is fast and stupendously fast when he gets it right. A better rider than any of us could hope to be and deserves the seat he has. Super quick and does well on the Honda which Lorenzo is stupified by and he was accounted to be an Alien a couple of years ago.

Liked 10,655 in 6,104 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Makman View Post
    The Rossi start was a great thing to see and I cheered loudly. However, he obviously did not get his tyres setup right and was gobbled up later on by people who did. As to Crutchlow, staying on is the trick. He is fast and stupendously fast when he gets it right. A better rider than any of us could hope to be and deserves the seat he has. Super quick and does well on the Honda which Lorenzo is stupified by and he was accounted to be an Alien a couple of years ago.
    The problem though is that to ride the Honda fast you have to be right on the 0.001% limit of adhesion and control. So invariably you're a lot closer to crashing. Look at him at times going from lock-lock on the brakes, he's not doing that deliberately, he's doing it because he's pushing the boundaries etc. You can see it in the reactions of Checcinello (sp) when he sees how hard Cal is pushing.
    If he doesn't push them limits and stays 'safe' then he's getting 10th... Meh...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission