TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 62

Thread: Medical Records?

  1. #16
    Should Get Out More Ant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sausagechester
    Posts
    18,385
    Like
    193
    Liked 1,409 in 1,002 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ink ink View Post
    Seldom met a sausage I didn’t like.
    Oooooh matron!

  2. #17
    Not Much To Do SNAFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Dordogneshire
    Posts
    617
    Like
    26
    Liked 298 in 150 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    Yoz had an accident!
    Why didn't he say something earlier?

  3. #18
    Should Get Out More Jasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dunrovin
    Posts
    10,815
    Like
    1,659
    Liked 2,399 in 1,366 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?




  4. #19
    Should Get Out More 1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    JockLand
    Posts
    26,825
    Like
    878
    Liked 2,857 in 2,045 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by ink ink View Post
    Seldom met a sausage I didnít like.
    You want to try the gluten free ones. They are fucking disgusting.

  5. #20
    Should Get Out More Ant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sausagechester
    Posts
    18,385
    Like
    193
    Liked 1,409 in 1,002 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    Never mind sausages, it's faggots and mash tonight.

  6. #21
    Should Get Out More Ant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sausagechester
    Posts
    18,385
    Like
    193
    Liked 1,409 in 1,002 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    No need to panic anymore Yozza, found it!


  7. #22
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,539
    Like
    998
    Liked 910 in 580 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1888 View Post
    You want to try the gluten free ones. They are fucking disgusting.
    IIRC the Sainburys own posh sausages are all gluten free and pretty decent. My mother's been properly gluten free for a few years now and it is a bit of a sod but worth the benefits it delivers.

  8. The following user liked this post made by MsignorMartinez:


  9. #23
    Should Get Out More 1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    JockLand
    Posts
    26,825
    Like
    878
    Liked 2,857 in 2,045 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by MsignorMartinez View Post
    IIRC the Sainburys own posh sausages are all gluten free and pretty decent. My mother's been properly gluten free for a few years now and it is a bit of a sod but worth the benefits it delivers.
    Cheers for that ill have a look next time i am in. Only our local butcher makes them here so no great choice as Tesco dont do them. My Gluten free is not through choice. Got diagnoses as Coeliac what is a bit crap as i love my junk food

  10. #24
    Should Get Out More couchcommando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,292
    Like
    163
    Liked 3,801 in 1,703 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    As far as I’m aware hospitals are only legally obliged to keep records for 8 years after discharge, they should be destroyed after this time unless they have a good reason to keep them, there wouldn’t be a good reason in this case.

  11. The following user liked this post made by couchcommando:


  12. #25
    Annoying The Idiots Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    40,342
    Like
    6,555
    Liked 6,292 in 3,937 posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by couchcommando View Post
    As far as I’m aware hospitals are only legally obliged to keep records for 8 years after discharge, they should be destroyed after this time unless they have a good reason to keep them, there wouldn’t be a good reason in this case.
    Bugger

  13. #26
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,683
    Like
    1,682
    Liked 1,784 in 997 posts

    Default Medical Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Bugger
    They rarely destroy written records, they have only just changed mine from the old ďJenny LindĒ folder they were in, thatís the old childrenís hospital I attended as a child....

    Older X-rays on the other hand.... not so sure - they are all digitised now. Whether or not you could locate the original X-rays Iíd more doubtful.

    Only one way to find out.

    However, 8yrs?

    Iíve worked in and Iím around nhs for many years. All GP records have to be kept for 10yrs after your death - all digital records are kept pretty much forever - we had to plan for 100yrs.

    Hospital records again to the best of my knowledge are kept for at least 20yrs past end of care. They still have my records about my shoulders - I had the first op when I was about 13...

  14. #27
    Should Get Out More couchcommando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,292
    Like
    163
    Liked 3,801 in 1,703 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by rudolph View Post
    They rarely destroy written records, they have only just changed mine from the old ďJenny LindĒ folder they were in, thatís the old childrenís hospital I attended as a child....

    Older X-rays on the other hand.... not so sure - they are all digitised now. Whether or not you could locate the original X-rays Iíd more doubtful.

    Only one way to find out.

    However, 8yrs?

    Iíve worked in and Iím around nhs for many years. All GP records have to be kept for 10yrs after your death - all digital records are kept pretty much forever - we had to plan for 100yrs.

    Hospital records again to the best of my knowledge are kept for at least 20yrs past end of care. They still have my records about my shoulders - I had the first op when I was about 13...
    Def 8 years after discharge for hospitals, they have to have a good reason to keep them now especially under gdpr which specified needing this reason.. Wife is DPO for a hospital so I checked with her. GP are different and as you say they keep them longer.

    https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employ...health-records

  15. The following user liked this post made by couchcommando:


  16. #28
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,683
    Like
    1,682
    Liked 1,784 in 997 posts

    Default Medical Records?

    Furry muff - all the stuff i deal with is electronic - and is therefore currently stored forever.

    A lot of old records were converted digitally - I was involved in the storage of it and this may well be stored.

    Although Iíll caveat that since GDPR Iíve not had much to do with patient data, so bow to superior knowledge. However I also know what NHS say and what NHS do are two totally separate things.

  17. #29
    At Work asmethurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Krayville
    Posts
    1,568
    Like
    1,142
    Liked 321 in 236 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by couchcommando View Post
    Def 8 years after discharge for hospitals, they have to have a good reason to keep them now especially under gdpr which specified needing this reason.. Wife is DPO for a hospital so I checked with her. GP are different and as you say they keep them longer.

    https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employ...health-records
    Whilst you both have more info than me I'd be surprised not to have op records and digital films from 2007
    Be interesting to see how Yorick gets on as there must be a few in his situation living out of the country

  18. #30
    Should Get Out More Taipan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boerthal's hill
    Posts
    48,134
    Like
    16,730
    Liked 10,484 in 5,478 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    You'd be better of getting a full medical check and body x-ray/mri scan done there so they can review as you are now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission