TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 57

Thread: Medical Records?

  1. #16
    Should Get Out More Jasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dunrovin
    Posts
    11,186
    Like
    1,895
    Liked 2,615 in 1,482 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.



  2. #17
    Should Get Out More 1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    JockLand
    Posts
    27,467
    Like
    932
    Liked 3,056 in 2,177 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by ink ink View Post
    Seldom met a sausage I didnít like.
    You want to try the gluten free ones. They are fucking disgusting.

  3. #18
    Should Get Out More Ant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sausagechester
    Posts
    19,607
    Like
    213
    Liked 1,562 in 1,113 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    Never mind sausages, it's faggots and mash tonight.

  4. #19
    Should Get Out More Ant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sausagechester
    Posts
    19,607
    Like
    213
    Liked 1,562 in 1,113 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    No need to panic anymore Yozza, found it!


  5. #20
    Really Bored
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,504
    Like
    998
    Liked 910 in 580 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1888 View Post
    You want to try the gluten free ones. They are fucking disgusting.
    IIRC the Sainburys own posh sausages are all gluten free and pretty decent. My mother's been properly gluten free for a few years now and it is a bit of a sod but worth the benefits it delivers.

  6. The following user liked this post made by MsignorMartinez:


  7. #21
    Should Get Out More 1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    JockLand
    Posts
    27,467
    Like
    932
    Liked 3,056 in 2,177 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by MsignorMartinez View Post
    IIRC the Sainburys own posh sausages are all gluten free and pretty decent. My mother's been properly gluten free for a few years now and it is a bit of a sod but worth the benefits it delivers.
    Cheers for that ill have a look next time i am in. Only our local butcher makes them here so no great choice as Tesco dont do them. My Gluten free is not through choice. Got diagnoses as Coeliac what is a bit crap as i love my junk food

  8. #22
    Should Get Out More couchcommando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,313
    Like
    164
    Liked 3,837 in 1,725 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    As far as I’m aware hospitals are only legally obliged to keep records for 8 years after discharge, they should be destroyed after this time unless they have a good reason to keep them, there wouldn’t be a good reason in this case.

  9. The following user liked this post made by couchcommando:


  10. #23
    Should Get Out More Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    41,749
    Like
    7,282
    Liked 6,846 in 4,264 posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by couchcommando View Post
    As far as I’m aware hospitals are only legally obliged to keep records for 8 years after discharge, they should be destroyed after this time unless they have a good reason to keep them, there wouldn’t be a good reason in this case.
    Bugger

  11. #24
    Should Get Out More couchcommando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,313
    Like
    164
    Liked 3,837 in 1,725 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by rudolph View Post
    They rarely destroy written records, they have only just changed mine from the old ďJenny LindĒ folder they were in, thatís the old childrenís hospital I attended as a child....

    Older X-rays on the other hand.... not so sure - they are all digitised now. Whether or not you could locate the original X-rays Iíd more doubtful.

    Only one way to find out.

    However, 8yrs?

    Iíve worked in and Iím around nhs for many years. All GP records have to be kept for 10yrs after your death - all digital records are kept pretty much forever - we had to plan for 100yrs.

    Hospital records again to the best of my knowledge are kept for at least 20yrs past end of care. They still have my records about my shoulders - I had the first op when I was about 13...
    Def 8 years after discharge for hospitals, they have to have a good reason to keep them now especially under gdpr which specified needing this reason.. Wife is DPO for a hospital so I checked with her. GP are different and as you say they keep them longer.

    https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employ...health-records

  12. The following user liked this post made by couchcommando:


  13. #25
    At Work asmethurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Krayville
    Posts
    1,739
    Like
    1,330
    Liked 391 in 280 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by couchcommando View Post
    Def 8 years after discharge for hospitals, they have to have a good reason to keep them now especially under gdpr which specified needing this reason.. Wife is DPO for a hospital so I checked with her. GP are different and as you say they keep them longer.

    https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employ...health-records
    Whilst you both have more info than me I'd be surprised not to have op records and digital films from 2007
    Be interesting to see how Yorick gets on as there must be a few in his situation living out of the country

  14. #26
    Should Get Out More Taipan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boerthal's hill
    Posts
    49,669
    Like
    18,522
    Liked 11,654 in 6,071 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    You'd be better of getting a full medical check and body x-ray/mri scan done there so they can review as you are now.

  15. #27
    Should Get Out More ZRX61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,136
    Like
    2,061
    Liked 1,495 in 863 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    I changed insurance & picked up my med records from the former place (about 8in stack). Gave them to the new place. Ffwd a couple of years & I mention something in my records, they look for them. Fuckers had thrown them out. I get a bit vocal about this as the old place charge $1.25/page (altho I'd got them free as they were required for an insurance claim). Took them about 6 months to get an electronic copy from the original place & print out a new paper copy which I took home for safe keeping.
    Shortly after that my Dr asked about something in the old records & the dumb fucks had deleted their electronic copy...

  16. #28
    Should Get Out More couchcommando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,313
    Like
    164
    Liked 3,837 in 1,725 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by asmethurst View Post
    Whilst you both have more info than me I'd be surprised not to have op records and digital films from 2007
    Be interesting to see how Yorick gets on as there must be a few in his situation living out of the country
    Under GDPR hospitals need a good reason to keep your records longer than the 8 years, there mostly isnít a good reason and rather than risking the fine for not complying with GDPR, records have and are being destroyed. Thatís not to say some have slipped the net but knowing the fines for non compliance any hospital would be daft to admit still having them even if they did. But still worth a letter to see what happens

  17. #29
    Should Get Out More Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    41,749
    Like
    7,282
    Liked 6,846 in 4,264 posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    You'd be better of getting a full medical check and body x-ray/mri scan done there so they can review as you are now.
    Yes. But I want to tell them what I broke. And what they repaired.

  18. #30
    Should Get Out More DefTrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Roger Barlow's Tour of Europe
    Posts
    24,173
    Like
    3,080
    Liked 2,909 in 1,737 posts

    Default Re: Medical Records?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Yes. But I want to tell them what I broke. And what they repaired.
    My optician hadn't got access to my previous eyetest results - less than a year old. Same fooking company, different physical shop. Gdpr apparently. I laughed, he maintained it "didn't matter" because he'd just tested me again. I rolled (what is left of) my eyes.

    World's gone mad etc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission