TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Superbike School closes

Not Much To Do
    Liked 230 in 137 posts

Default Re: Superbike School closes

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Oh - and it's nice to see we've got another B..... thread.

Says he, having just joined in. Doh.

Liked 2,838 in 2,032 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wossname View Post
    Could that possibly be because the B thingy hasn't happened yet?
    Yes but when i was going to book a ferry and when i would have been away the B thing should have happened. Had it been no deal then a pet passport was null and void. I very much doubt i was the only one who never went away this year due to this so aye, i can see why people blame the B word for lost business. Obviously my 300 quid will not kill P&O but me not spending say £2000 in the usual tourist trap areas might hurt smaller businesses.

3. The following user liked this post made by 1888:

Liked 3,514 in 2,331 posts

Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post
    Quite an admission, I'd have kept that quiet.
    I'm honest.

Go then, three paragraphs . . .

5. The following user liked this post made by Horse:

Liked 2,335 in 1,198 posts

I bought TOTW, figured I should see what all the fuss was about, was deeply unimpressed. Granny, however, who never knew how to suck eggs before, thought it was great.

I suspect the CSS is just another victim of a cut-throat industry with too many people competing for too few customers with a high priced product dependent on discretionary spending. It's hard to differentiate yourself in that sort of market, because services are easily copied, and being one of the first into the market doesn't give any advantage after the first few years.

But although industries tend to shake out the weakest from time to time (as with Thomas Cook and Monarch) it does generally take external factors to provide the "last straw". For the last 3 years this country's economy has been behaving remarkably as though it was still part of the world's largest trading bloc with unfettered access for 450m consumers. But with that coming to an end and nothing on the horizon to replace it even the most bullish of B-worders must be looking at the horizon and wondering if they'll still have a job in a year. After all, when the government itself is publishing Project Fear in its own projections of this Brave New World who needs experts? To be fair a few hundred quid for a trackday isn't the end of the world unless you've already lost your job, but a house move, new car or holiday could be a different matter. And hey, guess what, all these industries have seen a slump in demand. Spooky coincidence.

7. The following user liked this post made by Tomcat:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 4,251 in 2,442 posts
    Blog Entries

Would the increasing sales of adventure bikes and the decrease of sports bikes have had much of an effect?

Being a riding god I've never needed to take much interest in these things before.

9. The following 2 users liked this useful post by cheb:

Liked 295 in 160 posts
    Blog Entries

I've spent most of the year living in Spain. I'll be back in the UK for Christmas then back to Spain, France, Italy or wherever until summer when I will be staying in one place in Slovenia for three months. No one in Spain or Slovenia knows what will happen when the UK leave the EU. Until then, I have no issues with exercising my right to free movement in Europe.
    Brexit on 31st March never happened. Never happened on 31st October
    So who knows when it will.

My mates in Poland keep sending me versions of this video about the UK leaving. It's how they see it.
    https://youtu.be/ETPN9cFUo58

I also thought you meant The British Superbike School were closing, a great trackday school. Relief when it was Keith Code, though I feel for those that wont get any money back

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    I bought TOTW, figured I should see what all the fuss was about, was deeply unimpressed. Granny, however, who never knew how to suck eggs before, thought it was great.
    TOTW and T2 are OK, Soft Science is hard work. Video 1 is almost OK, video 2 you need to know WTF they're on about for it to make sense.

However, if someone didn't know a few basics, then the track sessions were probably useful. There were no secrets and no magic bullets, I (and probably others) covered the same sort of content in non-track-based training. The difference (and I never went on one, only read articles etc.) was the regimented, formal exercise, format. I did, for several years, train US road riders, and the format for those courses was very similar (and included steering, accuracy, throttle … ).

From what I can recall, the level 1 course covered basics such as conscious counter steering, accuracy of positioning and use of the throttle. Nothing new or magic - but things riders often get very wrong.

I did, for several years, train US road riders, and the training sessions format for those courses was very similar (and included steering, accuracy, throttle … ).
    Last edited by Horse; 04-11-19 at 11:45.

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,704 in 2,264 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    TOTW and T2 are OK, Soft Science is hard work. Video 1 is almost OK, video 2 you need to know WTF they're on about for it to make sense.

However, if someone didn't know a few basics, then the track sessions were probably useful. There were no secrets and no magic bullets, I (and probably others) covered the same sort of content in non-track-based training. The difference (and I never went on one, only read articles etc.) was the regimented, formal exercise, format. I did, for several years, train US road riders, and the format for those courses was very similar (and included steering, accuracy, throttle … ).

From what I can recall, the level 1 course covered basics such as conscious counter steering, accuracy of positioning and use of the throttle. Nothing new or magic - but things riders often get very wrong.

I did, for several years, train US road riders, and the training sessions format for those courses was very similar (and included steering, accuracy, throttle … ).
    You're getting repetitive

13. The following user liked this post made by Julian_Boolean:

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    You're getting repetitive
    Oops. CNTRL C instead of X.

But then, I imagine the CSS L1 courses were fairly repetititititive

Liked 2,582 in 1,684 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Oops. CNTRL C instead of X.

But then, I imagine the CSS L1 courses were fairly repetititititive
    You spent your $10 of attention too early.

Quote Originally Posted by slowsider View Post
    You spent your $10 of attention too early.
    Sadly, most of it went on the 'soft science' book

Really Bored
    Liked 1,774 in 989 posts

Timeís have moved on. People go and do track days more and more, and can get instruction on there.

As others have said - an out of date company that didnít evolve.

Ron Haslams day was much better and you get to be appraised by rocket Ron.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission