TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 42 of 81 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 1212

Thread: Election 2019

  1. #616
    Should Get Out More melons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,909
    Like
    1,465
    Liked 663 in 463 posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Election 2019


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Y

    Even then (and since the document has been admitted as real), it's down to interpretation of content. Does anyone think that they would be daft enough to write "yes, you're welcome to the NHS"? Or, perhaps, they just didn't think it necessary to write in exclusions, 'ground rules'?
    Who has stated and with what proof that the document is a genuine/authentic Government report and not a work of fiction?

  2. #617
    A Bit Bored
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    43
    Like
    1
    Liked 7 in 5 posts

    Default Re: Election 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Life long Tory voter here and I would have voted Labour if they had a credible Govt, But Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell?? No chance. Labour, its membership and the Unions have fucked up badly keeping that shadow cabinet in and given any chance of power away. Labour should have elected someone else to head the party and they wouldn't have needed any of Corbyn's ridiculous freebies, they would only have to have played on the Tories decimation of public services and would have partied into No 10, but no, they kept the 3 stooges and gave it all away.
    Totally agree, that's my point.

    There are way too many class war cry-babies that think JC will solve all their problems. Life is sometimes tough and they think a vote for JC is a vote against rich people.
    The problem is that he's visibly so bad that it means most of the working public will vote almost anyone into power instead, so BJ gets to run wild - which is a bad thing.

    That type of result will mean no change (for the good) for another decade, because JC is such a crackpot that he won't quit even in the face of crushing defeat, he'll linger longer than Kinnock and the Tories will have carte blanche to go as crackers as they want.
    So if JC got in the 'life isn't fair because I'm not rich' types will stop their whining and crawl back under their stones way before the next election - then someone decent will hopefully stand.

    I can't see any other sensible option, giving BJ a run means that by the time another four years comes around the public will then be so desperate that anything could happen - it could get so bad that even JC would probably seem like a sensible option at that point.

  3. #618
    Should Get Out More Horse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Always Sunny Central Southern England
    Posts
    22,474
    Like
    2,744
    Liked 3,638 in 2,415 posts

    Default Re: Election 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by melons View Post
    Who has stated and with what proof that the document is a genuine/authentic Government report and not a work of fiction?
    Perhaps you could tell us why Boris is keen to find the source of a fictional document?

    But here you are anyway:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50699168

    Boris Johnson has said an investigation is needed into the source of leaked documents on UK-US trade negotiations posted on Reddit.

    Labour says the documents show the NHS would be at risk under a post-Brexit trade deal with the US.

    On Friday, forum website Reddit said unredacted documents were uploaded as "part of a campaign that has been reported as originating from Russia".

    It has suspended 61 accounts that showed a "pattern of coordination".

    The government said it was looking into the matter with help from the National Cyber Security Centre.

    Speaking on Saturday, Mr Johnson said "we do need to get to the bottom" of the leak but said he had seen "no evidence of any successful interference by Russia in any democratic event in this country".

    What do the leaked papers actually say?
    UK-US trade document leak 'linked to Russia'
    The Culture Secretary Nicky Morgan said this all pointed towards foreign involvement: "I understand from what was being put on that website, those who seem to know about these things say that it seems to have all the hallmarks of some form of interference."


    Bit in bold for irie.

  4. The following user liked this post made by Horse:


  5. #619
    Should Get Out More DefTrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Roger Barlow's Tour of Europe
    Posts
    23,927
    Like
    2,986
    Liked 2,785 in 1,662 posts

    Default Re: Election 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Life long Tory voter here and I would have voted Labour if they had a credible Govt, But Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell?? No chance. .
    I entirely see your point but the alternative seems to be a government contains a horror show of Boris, mogg, javid, gove etc that has achieved sweet fa over the last 10 years, botched brexit but now want another crack at it because "the other guy's glasses are crooked".

  6. #620
    Should Get Out More ink ink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,563
    Like
    178
    Liked 4,062 in 2,730 posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Election 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by balbas View Post
    I don't know that's true. Could be cyber theft or just good old fashioned espionage.

    But we'll probably never know.
    I’d like to think it involved hand-wrought duelling pistols, curare and tropical fish.

  7. #621
    Should Get Out More slowsider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    RoI
    Posts
    10,061
    Like
    423
    Liked 2,663 in 1,738 posts

    Default Re: Election 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by rudolph View Post
    Apart from Boris has been in charge for 3 months, not 10yrs and it’s not because the other guys glasses are crooked it’s because they are a bunch of fucking idiots.

    JC love or hate him is a fucking liar, something people are quick to point the finger at Boris for while quietly ignoring Corbyns catalogue of lies.

    Dianne Abbott - reason alone not to vote Labour if she’d be a back bencher - let alone hold a position in the cabinet.

    McDonnell - the most dangerous “brain” behind many of the most stupid and dangerous attacks on business.

    So no, it’s not because Corbyns glasses are crooked, it’s because no matter what you think of the current shower of shit, it would be a million time worse with that bunch of fucking idiots in charge.
    Cough... project fear... cough.

  8. The following user liked this post made by slowsider:


  9. #622
    Should Get Out More irie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Noviomagus Reginorum
    Posts
    21,097
    Like
    5,516
    Liked 2,902 in 2,064 posts

    Default Re: Election 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by rudolph View Post
    Cough*that was cameron*cough
    slowsider, another who needs to visit Specsavers (try Clonmel or Thurles).

  10. #623
    Should Get Out More irie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Noviomagus Reginorum
    Posts
    21,097
    Like
    5,516
    Liked 2,902 in 2,064 posts

    Default Re: Election 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by rudolph View Post
    Apart from Boris has been in charge for 3 months, not 10yrs and it’s not because the other guys glasses are crooked it’s because they are a bunch of fucking idiots.

    JC love or hate him is a fucking liar, something people are quick to point the finger at Boris for while quietly ignoring Corbyns catalogue of lies.

    Dianne Abbott - reason alone not to vote Labour if she’d be a back bencher - let alone hold a position in the cabinet.

    McDonnell - the most dangerous “brain” behind many of the most stupid and dangerous attacks on business.

    So no, it’s not because Corbyns glasses are crooked, it’s because no matter what you think of the current shower of shit, it would be a million time worse with that bunch of fucking idiots in charge.
    What many don't appreciate is that the damage (imo) that Labour have promised to inflict on the UK economy (nationalisation of Gas, Electricity, Water, Royal Mail, Railways, Buses (local government control and regulation), Broadband, Education (by treating it as a "service")), can be relatively quickly effected in a few years but would take decades to reverse by later administrations.

    Labour know this, of course, and also know that they can rely on millenial (and later voters) ignorance.


  11. #624
    Should Get Out More Horse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Always Sunny Central Southern England
    Posts
    22,474
    Like
    2,744
    Liked 3,638 in 2,415 posts

    Default Re: Election 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by irie View Post
    Education (by treating it as a "service")
    I don't know how much you know about the effects on education provision from the last few years of government 'innovation', but not much has been good (if anything).

  12. The following user liked this post made by Horse:


  13. #625
    Should Get Out More adamski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somewhere lovely
    Posts
    7,964
    Like
    5,031
    Liked 2,779 in 1,503 posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Election 2019

    I always have, and always will, vote Labour.

    Corbyn tells lies? If there were enough, of any seriousness, then the Mail would have thrown them up and at hi at every opportunity.

    Abbott, why is she so terrible in a world where Priti Patel is seen as a human being! Someone told me she was “thick” the other day, yet strangely they didn’t have equivalent degree to her.
    McDonnell, bringing some fresh thinking to British politics...great stuff!

    They have to be better than my local Tory candidate who is presently under investigation for anti Semitic writing, and was caught lying on an open microphone by the daily Mail!
    if they publish anti Tory stories, it must be bad!

    This is the same person that left the Labour Party because they were going to deselect him for racism!

  14. #626
    Should Get Out More Kneerly Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    9,699
    Like
    669
    Liked 1,484 in 909 posts

    Default Re: Election 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by adamski View Post
    I always have, and always will, vote Labour.
    An ability to vote for both a Blair and Corbyn government certainly shows a level of ideological flexibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by adamski View Post
    McDonnell, bringing some fresh thinking to British politics...great stuff!
    Fresh? It's 50 years out of date, and even back then it was rank.

  15. The following user liked this post made by Kneerly Down:


  16. #627
    Should Get Out More DefTrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Roger Barlow's Tour of Europe
    Posts
    23,927
    Like
    2,986
    Liked 2,785 in 1,662 posts

    Default Re: Election 2019

    .

  17. The following 2 users liked this useful post by DefTrap:


  18. #628
    Expecting rain saga_lout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Essex, innit
    Posts
    28,451
    Like
    4,526
    Liked 5,243 in 3,515 posts

    Default Re: Election 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post
    I entirely see your point but the alternative seems to be a government contains a horror show of Boris, mogg, javid, gove etc that has achieved sweet fa over the last 10 years, botched brexit but now want another crack at it because "the other guy's glasses are crooked".
    I think it's ore that the other guy's policies are crooked.

    In view of all the other countries that have experimented with socialism and failed, do you really believe Corbyn & his minders will be able to get it right? Do you think they even believe it themselves?

  19. #629
    Expecting rain saga_lout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Essex, innit
    Posts
    28,451
    Like
    4,526
    Liked 5,243 in 3,515 posts

    Default Re: Election 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by adamski View Post
    I<snip>

    Abbott, why is she so terrible in a world where Priti Patel is seen as a human being! Someone told me she was “thick” the other day, yet strangely they didn’t have equivalent degree to her.

    <snip>
    I don't even have a degree never mind an equivalent degree but I learnt adding up and taking away when I was about 5 years old. How did she manage to get out of primary school?

  20. #630
    Should Get Out More adamski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somewhere lovely
    Posts
    7,964
    Like
    5,031
    Liked 2,779 in 1,503 posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Election 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by saga_lout View Post
    I don't even have a degree never mind an equivalent degree but I learnt adding up and taking away when I was about 5 years old. How did she manage to get out of primary school?
    Having never met the woman, I would have to rely on the fact that she is a front bench politician, in a party that has no tendency of tolerating fools, to guide me to believe she must have a fair level of intelligence and integrity.

Page 42 of 81 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission