TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Ground Anchor advice

Hybrid View

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Ground Anchor advice

Looks like after several years will be back in the fold and getting back on two wheels again.
    Will need to concrete in a ground anchor or two, any suggestions on what to use, buy a purpose built one or use a big shackle and some chain!

Need some guidance please!!

Liked 4,094 in 2,052 posts

Default Re: Ground Anchor advice

Bucket of crete sunk into ground and Almax are always the top of the suggestion list for chains and locks ....especially in London

Liked 639 in 443 posts
    Blog Entries

Ah Security, Happy days!. I spent quite sometime looking for a chain that would fit/feed through the gap between the rear shock and swingarm as you'd have to disassemble the frame to nick the bike (when attached to an anchor directly below) rather than just remove the rear wheel (where most folk feed their chain), then Alex (?) from Almax told me that it's very rare that thieves consider nicking a bike if they have to leave the rear wheel behind unless the bike is something really special.

Conversely, I used to know a bloke (Metal Mickey/Essential Rubber) who'd had so many bikes nicked that he finally resorted to securing his bike with 3 Almax chains, can't remember how many anchors.

Personal favourites: Almax Series IV (It 's the weight of two Bigyin's), Abloy 362 Padlock, Hardie Ground Anchor (make sure your choice of chain will feed through the eyelet, believe me, a tight fit is a Nightmare) or the Defiant which is now sold through Almax
    Last edited by melons; 06-11-19 at 23:49. Reason: spelling

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Will dig out my two old Almax one is a 19mm and the other a 16mm and check what sizes they fit through!
    The joys of bike ownership in sleepy London!!

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission