TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Ducati Scrambler.................

Hybrid View

Liked 630 in 353 posts

Default Ducati Scrambler.................

Took the big Burgy in for it's major service, (ouch!), and P&H let me have their 800 Scrambler loan bike.

Not a practical bike for me, but I have to say that it was very enjoyable to ride.

Suffice to say, the handling and brakes were superb, and the engine had plenty of grunt, with instant pull. Twas also very comfy.

I would imagine that it would make for a great commuting bike, although the h/bars may be a little wide for filtering in places, and it would be a lovely bike for general ride-outs.

I don't know if luggage is available for it, but it may well look a bit naff with luggage, so it's not 'all round' practical for me.

I have no idea how well it 'Scrambles', as it was not my bike to 'scramble' on, but maybe someone on here has taken one off road. I'd be interested to know what they're like in the dirt.

Things I liked, as well as it's general performance and handling were:-

1. It looks nice.
    2. It had a PROPER ignition key. You know, one that pushes in the lock, and then you twist it to switch the bike on.
    3. Very comfy riding position.
    4. It looks nice.

It does need a half decent end can tho'. As with most every Ducati, it doesn't need to be too loud, but it needs just enough 'throatiness' for one to enjoy the staccato Ducati music.

Who on here owns one? Thoughts?

2. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Didge:

Liked 951 in 533 posts

Default Re: Ducati Scrambler.................

Sat on one at the bike show and realised I would need several bones broken if i was to fit it and be able to ride it comfortably. I am not that tall 5 10 but have a 32 inside leg so a bit cramped for me.
    Off topic how much are they skinning you for the major service on the 650? I do all my own and you are welcome to get future services done here in sunny Kent for free if you want to travel up this way. Well versed in servicing the burg on my second one and not taken it to a dealer yet current one has 55k from new. I buy my oil in bulk works out at £4.00 a Litre

4. The following 4 users liked this useful post by maccecht:

Liked 630 in 353 posts

Quote Originally Posted by maccecht View Post
    Sat on one at the bike show and realised I would need several bones broken if i was to fit it and be able to ride it comfortably. I am not that tall 5 10 but have a 32 inside leg so a bit cramped for me.
    Off topic how much are they skinning you for the major service on the 650? I do all my own and you are welcome to get future services done here in sunny Kent for free if you want to travel up this way. Well versed in servicing the burg on my second one and not taken it to a dealer yet current one has 55k from new. I buy my oil in bulk works out at £4.00 a Litre
    That's a very kind offer Maccecht. Thank you.

It was the 14,000 mile BIG service, (my burgy has done over 33,000 from new at the mo'), when they check/adjust the valves, on top of all the other stuff. It was a tad over £500, but in their defense, I've had absolutely no problem with the quality of the work they've done for me over the years, which is why I use them.

I would not expect you to work on my bike, and not pay you something for your efforts, but even so, it would certainly save me a few bob.

As it happens, they did say that all three discs are on or just a tad below the recommended wear level, so I'll have to have those done at some point in the near future.

Whereabouts in Kent are you?

Liked 5,732 in 3,048 posts
    Blog Entries

Scrambler Desert Sled with a decent pipe on it. If you liked the YAmaha XT500 - you'll love this.

What's no to like?

7. The following 3 users liked this useful post by GiantPygmy:

Really Bored
    Liked 910 in 580 posts

They look dead wee and nesh. Like a CB100N.

Liked 4,114 in 2,059 posts

Quote Originally Posted by MsignorMartinez View Post
    They look dead wee and nesh. Like a CB100N.
    They are quite small for a lanky git like you .... i think the bigger engined ones are a tad bigger all round but could be wrong

10. The following user liked this post made by Bigyin:

Really Bored
    Liked 410 in 211 posts

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post

Scrambler Desert Sled with a decent pipe on it. If you liked the YAmaha XT500 - you'll love this.

What's no to like?
    That looks pretty sweet. Around town it would proper fun.

Liked 951 in 533 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Didge View Post
    That's a very kind offer Maccecht. Thank you.

It was the 14,000 mile BIG service, (my burgy has done over 33,000 from new at the mo'), when they check/adjust the valves, on top of all the other stuff. It was a tad over £500, but in their defense, I've had absolutely no problem with the quality of the work they've done for me over the years, which is why I use them.

I would not expect you to work on my bike, and not pay you something for your efforts, but even so, it would certainly save me a few bob.

As it happens, they did say that all three discs are on or just a tad below the recommended wear level, so I'll have to have those done at some point in the near future.

Whereabouts in Kent are you?
    £500 caramba Ok bit more involved that your basic bike but thats pocket painful. I have done my 14k service 3 times and only had to change a couple of shims but seems I saved a few bob. Based in Rochester Kent ME2 area. Just replaced my rear disc as it was a bit worn EBC off ebay. I would be very surprised if your discs are that worn at 33k wear limit is 4mm I got 50k out of the rear and it was only just on the limit fronts are still fine. You are more than welcome to come here anytime. Beancounter is a regular visitor he likes the Hot tub and I make him occasionally wash his bike before I will touch it. Cost me a fortune in tissues but he gets over it.

13. The following 2 users liked this useful post by maccecht:

Really Bored
    Liked 410 in 211 posts

Quote Originally Posted by maccecht View Post
    Beancounter is a regular visitor he likes the Hot tub and I make him occasionally wash his bike before I will touch it. Cost me a fortune in tissues but he gets over it.
    I really donít.

Two Burgman cheerleaders in the same shed....

15. The following user liked this post made by Beancounter:

Liked 951 in 533 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
    I really donít.

Two Burgman cheerleaders in the same shed....
    Could be three I haven't finished my mental onslaught on you yet you can be turned to the dark side my young Paduan

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission