TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Tyre Comparison

Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Liked 3,721 in 2,276 posts

Default Car Tyre Comparison

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    215/45 18 Michelin Pilot Sports are massively better than Nankang TourSports in the wet, end of comparison

Liked 1,415 in 1,006 posts

Default Re: Car Tyre Comparison

I know you said end of comparison, but this conversation is going to go round in circles.

Liked 2,184 in 1,474 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    215/45 18 Michelin Pilot Sports are massively better than Nankang TourSports in the wet, end of comparison
    And yet my Blackcirle branded tyres are on par with or slightly better than my Continentals. Mind you thats on my 4 wheel bike :-)

Liked 951 in 533 posts

I just put a 55 Nanking on the front of my Suzuki S-Cross. A. Because I rarely use the car so mileage is not an issue 11k miles in three years since I owned it. B Nanking get reasonable reviews as a budget tyre. C. It does what it says on the tin and I never go much above the speed limit anyway. Annnnnnd it was half the price of any fancy branded tyre.

Quote Originally Posted by rudolph View Post
    Michelin v Nankang and the results surprise you?
    No, the Michelins were 146 each, the same Nangkangs are 65 each, just wanted to crow about having decent tyres on my car, though the wheel spin and torque steering with the Nangkangs was fun, the ABS light coming on under moderate braking in the wet wasn't.

Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Liked 3,021 in 2,052 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    No, the Michelins were 146 each, the same Nangkangs are 65 each, just wanted to crow about having decent tyres on my car, though the wheel spin and torque steering with the Nangkangs was fun, the ABS light coming on under moderate braking in the wet wasn't.
    I tend to chose my tyres on an A rating for wet grip, and not too bad for other factors

Liked 951 in 533 posts

For a budget tyre the reviews are good. I especially like the one where it looks pretty on the spare rim
    https://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/b...chorAllReviews

The Nankang Sport NS-2 is a symettrical car tyre that provides motorists with impressive levels of performance and a quiet, comfortable ride.

The tyre's v-shape tread pattern works to disperse water from the road surface quickly and efficiently, therefore lessening the risk of aquaplaning.

Robust sipes on the edge of the tyre's shoulder help to prolong the rate of tread wear.

8. The following user liked this post made by maccecht:

Liked 3,574 in 2,369 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    I know you said end of comparison, but this conversation is going to go round in circles.
    Black, rubbery, ones?

Liked 1,964 in 1,023 posts

My Elgrand has had Yokos on the back and budgets on the front since I bought it a few years ago. The fronts have been replaced a couple of times but this year the rears were worn too, so I went for budgets all round. I hurt me to do it but I can't afford to drive fast if I've spent all my money on tyres (especially as the MPG will be in single figures if I floor it everywhere).

Didn't have a lot of choice - Yokos or budgets - they were the only tyre available for my wheel size and load rating. It now feels incredibly vague above 70mph in the wet. Which I am seeing as a good thing - my MPG has gone up dramatically, I can drive up and down the A303 without keeping 80% of my attention watching out for mobile speed traps, the journey is quieter, the engine is under less stress and to an extent I'm enjoying driving more.

Over the last couple of years I have really appreciated the benefits of slowing down and taking life at a more leisurely pace.

Liked 2,525 in 1,396 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    I tend to chose my tyres on an A rating for wet grip, and not too bad for other factors
    Having found myself in a situation a few years back where I had apparently brilliant Yokohamas on, which appeared to be less than stellar in the wet, it is a sensible approach.

Liked 2,525 in 1,396 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Ax View Post
    Over the last couple of years I have really appreciated the benefits of slowing down and taking life at a more leisurely pace.
    You might find the ability of better tyres to slow down really quickly even more enjoyable

Still happy with the Pilot Sports, it's nice going round roundabouts at a sensible speeds without the stability control relays clicking.

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 4,917 in 3,081 posts

cross climates for the win

Liked 1,964 in 1,023 posts

Quote Originally Posted by NyseriA View Post
    You might find the ability of better tyres to slow down really quickly even more enjoyable
    ...but if the trade-off is that I drive faster because I feel more confident then I'm not being any safer, I'm just allowing the opportunity for a faster crash

Should Get Out More MyLittleStudPony's Avatar
    Liked 2,299 in 1,342 posts
    Blog Entries

The auld purple Datsun had (new) Nankangs on the back when I first got it. They fritted the gearbox right up, it would change down to third at just over 100mph. I changed those tyres and it was fine. This was 2005 mind so maybe things have changed since then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission