TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Wayne Rainey Video

Liked 6,685 in 4,160 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Wayne Rainey Video

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    cool as fuck

2. The following 4 users liked this useful post by Yorick:

Liked 3,653 in 1,859 posts

Default Re: Wayne Rainey Video

This is awesome. I remember doing a small 'project' on Wayne Rainey back in college as I hadn't long got into bikes when he had his accident (I didn't actually ride one for a few more years!!)

I'm really surprised he hasn't tried before - I have a good friend that I met at trackdays who rides after a similar injury, pretty sure he raced briefly with the Talan team as well. So it's been possible for a long long time. But really glad WR did do it now and for him to ride in Japan too would be amazing and fantastic for other people who would like to try or who are trying with little support

It really is a case of, you shouldn't let things hold you back! 26 years and the grin he had is awesome!! I'm grinning here too!! LOL (It made me cry a bit too, such an emotional video )

Liked 6,685 in 4,160 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
    This is awesome. I remember doing a small 'project' on Wayne Rainey back in college as I hadn't long got into bikes when he had his accident (I didn't actually ride one for a few more years!!)

I'm really surprised he hasn't tried before - I have a good friend that I met at trackdays who rides after a similar injury, pretty sure he raced briefly with the Talan team as well. So it's been possible for a long long time. But really glad WR did do it now and for him to ride in Japan too would be amazing and fantastic for other people who would like to try or who are trying with little support

It really is a case of, you shouldn't let things hold you back! 26 years and the grin he had is awesome!! I'm grinning here too!! LOL (It made me cry a bit too, such an emotional video )
    I saw many disabled folk get on bikes, but only ever at Donington for some reason. Their legs were held on with velcro straps. When they came back into the pits, they had to head to their 'helper' for him to grab the bike and stop them toppling over. Quite a few were helped by the NABD.

Liked 3,653 in 1,859 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    I saw many disabled folk get on bikes, but only ever at Donington for some reason. Their legs were held on with velcro straps. When they came back into the pits, they had to head to their 'helper' for him to grab the bike and stop them toppling over. Quite a few were helped by the NABD.
    I met this guy at Cartegena! (Might have been Jerez, but think it was Cartegena!). Met Talan at Castle Combe. Don't think they are restricted to certain tracks. Maybe they have to make sure the track can cope with their disability I guess but I think nowadays most can?

Pretty sure he raced with Talan at one point. I know people in the paddock when I met him said he wasn't a pleasant person, but like top sportsmen, I guess he has to be pretty determined/ruthless to actually get out on track from a wheelchair and be included in the grid?

My friend is lovely. Doesn't race any more but still does TD's

The determination and trust needed to get out there without the use of your legs is incredible. They have to be lifted onto the bike, legs velcro'd in place, bike held till they are going fast enough to stay upright. And when they come back in, they have to get to the right people so that they can be 'caught'! I know that racing, obviously, it doesn't matter where they qualify, they have to start at the back. Perfectly reasonable but must be a smidge disheartening

My friend here want's to go pillion next summer. Here's hoping that my shoulder op heals fast so that I can get sorted and then work out, with her physio, the best way to get her on and secured to the bike Can't wait to see her face after a short ride. Then we plan to go up and over the mountain roads. Obviously with a car following us - she'll need someone to help her on and off and bring the chair for when we stop!

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission