TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else here in Linked In?

Liked 10,540 in 5,511 posts

Default Re: Anyone else here in Linked In?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    On there, but initially never made an effort to make my profile look like somebody worth looking at. Then i got ADOBE Accredited and suddenly got interest from a few agencies, but I'm only hoping to be working for another 4-5 years and may as well see that out here, so should probably delete the profile, but CBA...

Really Bored
    Liked 566 in 294 posts

Been on it for a fair while.

Always make me laugh the bullshitting and one-up-person-ship that goes on, a race to be the smuggest, most patronising git on a thread.

Worth it for the piss taking out of colleagues 'liking' stuff to score points.

3. The following user liked this post made by crust:

Liked 2,785 in 1,662 posts

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom pieman View Post
    It is amazing how many people now use the description Ď at VP levelí... well you are either a VP or not . And interesting. Quite a lot who say they , arenít !
    so coming back to Adamskiís point. They are not lying cheating scum, thet have a different narrative and position on the facts .
    Plus even so-called proper companies find it hard to resist souped-up job titles (I'm not talking about the poor security bods at the airport with 'Airport Ambassador' plastered up the back of their tabard) when you can have a 'VP of HR' FFS.

I found out an ex colleague was a 'director' a few jobs on. This used to mean something too, now it can be for feck all other than directing yourself.

5. The following user liked this post made by DefTrap:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,564 in 2,378 posts

Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post
    A guy I used to work for (he got the sack for falsifying some medical information, something that he could have done time for) is on there. Despite being incompetent, a liar and a fraud if you read what it said about him on there I guarantee you'd hire him tomorrow - he sounds awesome and he has a list of 'recommendations' as long as your arm. You might be able to glean he's an idiot because some of the self-penned praise on there is littered with the spelling of a 10 year old - an easy way to spot the right spackers.

So. I'm out. If these places won't do anything to police the horseshit on there it just becomes a free for all of nonsense.
    At least give me credit for trying.

I signed up years ago after a friend sent me a request. I got bored with it in short order. Occasionally I still get an email - they've been relegated to the spam folder.

7. The following user liked this post made by Bwana:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission