TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk to me about London E1

Liked 1,408 in 1,013 posts

Default Talk to me about London E1

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    I'm off to do a new music video in London in a few weeks with Daddy Freddy and Blackout JA.

We are driving in from sunny Bristol and am meeting Daddy Freddy at his residence in London E1. Not sure exactly where as that's all i know but we shall be filming around the E1 area also.

Anyone know much about the area, what will the parking situation be? is there a city tax we will have to pay in E1? Will i get shot by a 14yo chav?

TIA...

Should Get Out More The Martian's Avatar
    Liked 3,763 in 2,170 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Talk to me about London E1

If only you knew someone from East London..

It is inside the congestion charge area.

Everything is twice the price you're used to.

It used to be a bit stabby around there but I think it's hipster land now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Martian View Post
    If only you knew someone from East London..

It is inside the congestion charge area.

Everything is twice the price you're used to.

It used to be a bit stabby around there but I think it's hipster land now.
    Cheers Geeeeza.

What's the congestion charge roughly? I take it it's per car not per person in the car?

Is parking likely to be expensive, or even possible?

Might do train if the parking is extortionate.

Eating the last biscuit with the Daily Mail reader.
    Liked 4,817 in 2,392 posts

Meh. Ignore the nay-sayers. My lovely, cuddly, altruistic bank is based in E1W so I know the area reasonably well. It's outside the congestion area, which starts at Tower Bridge, so stay out and you'll be fine. Free parking can be a pain in places, but there's plenty of car parks and they're not stupid money like Westminster. E1 is alright, in fact a bit gentrified.

What concerns me more is that you're telling all and sundry that you're coming to London and meeting up with a man called 'Daddy Freddy' who wants to film you.

5. The following 4 users liked this useful post by gremlin:

Liked 7,647 in 4,338 posts

You won't get shot.

You'll get stabbed.

7. The following 4 users liked this useful post by KungFooBob:

Quote Originally Posted by KungFooBob View Post
    You won't get shot.

You'll get stabbed.
    That's cool i shall be wearing a stab vest like the one Stormzy wore at Glasto anyway.

I wear it around the house and everything, proper fashion statement...

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin
    What concerns me more is that you're telling all and sundry that you're coming to London and meeting up with a man called 'Daddy Freddy' who wants to film you.
    It's fine he's got an up to date DBS certificate...

Daddy Freddy is big deal for us, he''s had numerous top 10 hits in Jamaica and has also worked with some big UK names. He's nearly 55 now so semi retired and just doing things for really cool artists like us...

9. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Greenman:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    Meh. Ignore the nay-sayers. My lovely, cuddly, altruistic bank is based in E1W so I know the area reasonably well. It's outside the congestion area, which starts at Tower Bridge, so stay out and you'll be fine. Free parking can be a pain in places, but there's plenty of car parks and they're not stupid money like Westminster. E1 is alright, in fact a bit gentrified.

I thought the congestion charge zone covered there now?

Sorry GM seems my info isn't on point.. if you drive through the city to get there you'll need to pay the charge, unless it's the weekend. But M25 / A13 is probably your best route depending on timing.

I thought the congestion charge zone covered there now?

Sorry GM seems my info isn't on point.. if you drive through the city to get there you'll need to pay the charge, unless it's the weekend. But M25 / A13 is probably your best route depending on timing.
    It's a Saturday, is the congestion charge only for weekdays then?

I've not been to London since about 1995

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    It's a Saturday, is the congestion charge only for weekdays then?

I've not been to London since about 1995
    Yeah, no charge on a Saturday and the (relatively) quiet day on the roads in the city too so you can just follow the M4/A4 straight in and see the big buildings and shit.. if you want to..

Yeah, no charge on a Saturday and the (relatively) quiet day on the roads in the city too so you can just follow the M4/A4 straight in and see the big buildings and shit.. if you want to..
    TBH i shall be doing the video, getting some jerk chicken and rice and getting out as quick as pos. Not a fan of London at the best of times.

The guys i'm with feel the same, maybe Fred might want to take us on a your of the area though, who knows.

Liked 3,559 in 2,358 posts

Have some good news:

http://filmlondon.org.uk/get-permission-film

When you don't need permission to film

If you are a small crew — five people or fewer — using a handheld camera and your filming will not cause an obstruction then there is no restriction to filming on London’s public highway. In some boroughs this also extends to small crews with a tripod. No licence or any form of official permission is required.

Common law rights allow users of public highways to “pass and re-pass ... and to make reasonable use of it”. Section 137 of the Highways Act 1980 restricts these rights where the use of the highway causes an “obstruction” to other users rights of free passage. If you are considered to be causing an obstruction then there is a risk that you will be stopped from filming.

If you think you are likely to cause an obstruction then you need to apply to film via the appropriate Local Authority, however we strongly recommend that you always inform the relevant Borough Film Service if you are filming on their streets. If the local authority is not aware that you will be filming in the area then you can be asked to stop. If a member of the public complains and you don't have permission to film, then you may be asked to move on by police. Some Local Authorities provide Notices of No Objection for small crew filming.

15. The following user liked this post made by Horse:

Eating the last biscuit with the Daily Mail reader.
    Liked 4,817 in 2,392 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Have some good news:

If you are a small crew — five people or fewer — using a handheld camera and your filming will not cause an obstruction then there is no restriction to filming on London’s public highway. In some boroughs this also extends to small crews with a tripod. No licence or any form of official permission is required.

Common law rights allow users of public highways to “pass and re-pass ... and to make reasonable use of it”. Section 137 of the Highways Act 1980 restricts these rights where the use of the highway causes an “obstruction” to other users rights of free passage. If you are considered to be causing an obstruction then there is a risk that you will be stopped from filming.

If you think you are likely to cause an obstruction then you need to apply to film via the appropriate Local Authority, however we strongly recommend that you always inform the relevant Borough Film Service if you are filming on their streets. If the local authority is not aware that you will be filming in the area then you can be asked to stop. If a member of the public complains and you don't have permission to film, then you may be asked to move on by police. Some Local Authorities provide Notices of No Objection for small crew filming.
    Does that extend to Gonzo pron?

17. The following user liked this post made by gremlin:

Liked 1,554 in 900 posts

Not sure if you'll be entering the LEZ though, so that's worth checking as (IIRC) it's 24/7.

Check the car here : https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/che...-vehicle-35896
    Last edited by RiceBurner; 13-11-19 at 10:20.

19. The following user liked this post made by RiceBurner:

Liked 3,559 in 2,358 posts

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    Does that extend to Gonzo pron?
    If you're doing that (and, TBH I don't know what the term exactly means*), there are probably other laws to consider

* No need to enlighten me

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Have some good news:

Cheers.

There is going to be 5 of us with a small camera and flood lighting and a bluetooth speaker, should be fine.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission