TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Cardiologists warn vaping is so dangerous and addictive it should be banned!

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 5,167 in 3,241 posts

Default Re: Cardiologists warn vaping is so dangerous and addictive it should be banned!

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Claud 147 View Post
    What's better to give up cigarette smoking, e-cigarettes or gum/patches or other?
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1808779

2. The following user liked this post made by mrlongbeard:

Liked 547 in 370 posts

Default Re: Cardiologists warn vaping is so dangerous and addictive it should be banned!

The 1-year abstinence rate was 18.0% in the e-cigarette group, as compared with 9.9% in the nicotine-replacement group (relative risk, 1.83; 95% confidence interval [CI], 1.30 to 2.58; P<0.001). Among participants with 1-year abstinence, those in the e-cigarette group were more likely than those in the nicotine-replacement group to use their assigned product at 52 weeks (80% [63 of 79 participants] vs. 9% [4 of 44 participants]). Overall, throat or mouth irritation was reported more frequently in the e-cigarette group (65.3%, vs. 51.2% in the nicotine-replacement group) and nausea more frequently in the nicotine-replacement group (37.9%, vs. 31.3% in the e-cigarette group). The e-cigarette group reported greater declines in the incidence of cough and phlegm production.

Exactly my experience. I've now stopped smoking for well over a year thanks to vaping. I'm no longer diagnosed with COPD and did experience a significant decline in cough and phlegm production. I was a smoker for 28 years and have to say transitioning to a vape was the easiest thing in the world (much to my continual surprise).

4. The following user liked this post made by GreenMachine:

Liked 140 in 93 posts

My experience too. Not smoked a fag for 6 years now.

There is no need to blow huge clouds of sickly steam into the air to upset people. Those who do, do us no favours at all.

6. The following user liked this post made by ninja:

At Work
    Liked 526 in 297 posts

Default Crumpets on Toast FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    I only like my toast part burnt. Been eating it like that man and boy! I imagine the amount of peanut butter or marmite I put on it is more of a threat!
    I had peanut Butter on Crumpets for breakfast, fkin marvellous it was too.

How about the Government bans vape juice except ones that have been tested and proved to be non toxic / helthyish for you ?

@ helthyish

Liked 5,317 in 3,570 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yambo View Post
    Willpower and self discipline.
    That's what I used.

But it took many, many failures of willpower and self discipline before I succeeded. My cousin didn't succeed with W & SD, she died a painful death about four years ago. My best friend didn't succeed with W & SD, he died a painful death in January this year. If vaping had been around 35 years ago they might have tried it and been spared the pain. Why do people want to deny smokers one of the best aids to of stopping smoking?

Liked 796 in 466 posts

Quote Originally Posted by saga_lout View Post
    That's what I used.

But it took many, many failures of willpower and self discipline before I succeeded. My cousin didn't succeed with W & SD, she died a painful death about four years ago. My best friend didn't succeed with W & SD, he died a painful death in January this year. If vaping had been around 35 years ago they might have tried it and been spared the pain. Why do people want to deny smokers one of the best aids to of stopping smoking?
    I don't think people do want to deny them the tool, what they are saying is it might not be as safe as people say.

Quote Originally Posted by saga_lout View Post
    Why do people want to deny smokers one of the best aids to of stopping smoking?
    #
    At the very least people don't enjoy other people having fun or enjoying giving up, at the best if you don't suffer as much as them you aren't doing it properly.

Also known as narrow minded selfish pricks.

Liked 11,321 in 5,909 posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninja View Post
    My experience too. Not smoked a fag for 6 years now.

There is no need to blow huge clouds of sickly steam into the air to upset people. Those who do, do us no favours at all.
    What exactly is happening when people do that, or why do they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    What exactly is happening when people do that, or why do they do that?
    #clouds bro, for the clouds

Quote Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post
    #clouds bro, for the clouds
    Head in the cloud...

Liked 2,847 in 1,859 posts

Quote Originally Posted by JamJar View Post
    I don't think people do want to deny them the tool, what they are saying is it might not be as safe as people say.
    Why are cigarettes still legal?

Quote Originally Posted by slowsider View Post
    Why are cigarettes still legal?

16. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Taipan:

Not Much To Do
    Liked 111 in 73 posts

Wasn't it thought that smoking was costing us all more in total healthcare costs than was being raised in revenue ?

Liked 2,521 in 1,129 posts

Quote Originally Posted by treadeager View Post
    Wasn't it thought that smoking was costing us all more in total healthcare costs than was being raised in revenue ?
    But they save us in pensions by having the good grace to die early

Not Much To Do
    Liked 111 in 73 posts

Every cloud eh ?.........

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission