TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Helmet Time

Liked 7,647 in 4,338 posts

Default Re: New Helmet Time

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    No idea, not something I'm bothered about as I always ride with earplugs in.

2. The following user liked this post made by KungFooBob:

At Work
    Liked 485 in 259 posts

Pretty sure I'm going for a QV, if I've got a long head. I got the wife to measure me and it seems I'm a bit of a fat head at 60cm, I thought I was 58cm and lost a lot of hair since my last helmet purchase. My Tuono is up on stands ready for the front wheel to come out and forks off, and the Le Mans is on the bench with the carbs and exhausts off so I might have to test any new helmet by sticking my head out the car window.

Liked 4,088 in 2,048 posts

Quote Originally Posted by GuzziPaul View Post
    Pretty sure I'm going for a QV, if I've got a long head. I got the wife to measure me and it seems I'm a bit of a fat head at 60cm, I thought I was 58cm and lost a lot of hair since my last helmet purchase. My Tuono is up on stands ready for the front wheel to come out and forks off, and the Le Mans is on the bench with the carbs and exhausts off so I might have to test any new helmet by sticking my head out the car window.
    Buy an Arai tight as they will last for years. I am L in some helmets but in Arai i buy M (58cm) and still wearing an Astro R i bought over 10 years ago as its kept in a bag and i know its history. My TourX4 is about a year old and still fits like a glove. If you are between the M and L sizes a local dealer will advise on change of pads as they clip in and out on Arai and come in assorted depths for top fit

Recently tried Shoei again as looking at a better quality flip front for training as Arai wont make one and looks like i am M in them too (and i can write it off against tax ) Added to that its "J" and "P" rated so can be ridden with the front up and impact rated which can be handy with students at low speed

I did look at AGV and only an L fits but the shell shape feels wrong as does an HJC on both flip front lids they offer.

I have a cheapo Box flip front and that will be kept as a last resort spare .... It may be CE certified and i am content to wear it bimbling around at 30 mph with students on peds and 125's but nothing anything faster as the build quality is below what i would normally wear but it was bought as a temporary measure before i qualified in case i chose another path
    Last edited by Bigyin; 29-11-19 at 23:06.

Liked 1,640 in 849 posts

Funny thing about Arai's. I'd worn them for years and needed a new hat so bought a new Arai. The breath guard touched the tip of my nose, no big deal, it wasn't uncomfortable, I barely noticed it. At the time I was commuting 80 miles a day so the breath guard was in contact with my hooter for a couple of hours a day, five days a week. About a month into my my new hat I got a spot on the end of my nose, again no big deal. Eventually, after several zits, I took the breath guard out but couldn't stop the continuous spots. By this time I'd started getting zits on my forehead. To cut a long story of skin complaints short, I think a chemical used in the helmet had triggered rosacea. Fifteen years later and I take an antibiotic a day, the same one they give to kids with acne. The forehead stuff has cleared up but I've still got a slight red bit on my nose.

Liked 10,474 in 5,471 posts

Happy Birthday!!

Dunno what Woodford M/cycles stock is like but I just go tthis email from them.

Woodford Winter Sale! 20% off all stock clothing &
    accessories. Free heated grips on all new bikes
    purchased over 250cc. Valid until 21st Dec 19.
    Quote WMC20

Woodford Motorcycles
    51-53 George Lane
    South Woodford
    London
    UK
    E18 1 LN
    Tel: 020 8989 3157

At Work
    Liked 485 in 259 posts

When to Infinity yesterday (visiting the daughter in London) tried both a QV and a Chaser X both in large 59/60cm. I felt a couple of hard bits on my forehead to the left and right in the QV, might be where the vents are, liked the chin curtain and general fit. The Chaser had no hard forehead bits but I didn't like the general area around my chin and it was very tight around my ears. My left ear was folded over and it took a bit of fiddling to unfold it.
    They didn't have the colours I wanted, but could have ordered one for delivery, however I need to try another QV on as I'm concernd about the two hard bits on my forehead.

8. The following user liked this post made by GuzziPaul:

Liked 5,709 in 3,037 posts
    Blog Entries

^^^^ Never seen the QV before, my old Chasers are like comfy slippers but I need to think about updating my full face Helmet. I've got a Shoei flip front for the Triumph which is really comfy but only on the ADV bike with a big screen..

I'll check these QVs out

Liked 1,734 in 1,023 posts

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    ^^^^ Never seen the QV before, my old Chasers are like comfy slippers but I need to think about updating my full face Helmet. I've got a Shoei flip front for the Triumph which is really comfy but only on the ADV bike with a big screen..

I'll check these QVs out
    Nice Italian flavour colours for your new ducati...

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/mot...QaAnFCEALw_wcB

A Bit Bored
    Liked 68 in 38 posts

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post

I'll check these QVs out
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Nice Italian flavour colours for your new ducati...

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/mot...QaAnFCEALw_wcB
    This might be of interest, if the size is right - there's a nice, virtually unused, Arai Axces-3 57cm in tricolore colours here:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=57928

That really would match your Monster!

12. The following user liked this post made by Luddite:

Liked 4,088 in 2,048 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    This might be of interest, if the size is right - there's a nice, virtually unused, Arai Axces-3 57cm in tricolore colours here:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=57928

That really would match your Monster!
    You trust second hand helmets that have "only been worn 3 or 4 times"

How many times has it been dropped on the floor ?

Really Bored
    Liked 399 in 266 posts

Quote Originally Posted by GuzziPaul View Post
    When to Infinity yesterday (visiting the daughter in London) tried both a QV and a Chaser X both in large 59/60cm. I felt a couple of hard bits on my forehead to the left and right in the QV, might be where the vents are, liked the chin curtain and general fit. The Chaser had no hard forehead bits but I didn't like the general area around my chin and it was very tight around my ears. My left ear was folded over and it took a bit of fiddling to unfold it.
    They didn't have the colours I wanted, but could have ordered one for delivery, however I need to try another QV on as I'm concernd about the two hard bits on my forehead.
    Looks like I'm too late this time, but fyi there's a J&S at Stockwell, not far from Clapham:
    https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/stores/stockwell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission