TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incoming.... Ebike... you never thought you'd see it happen.... go on, admit it...

Liked 10,581 in 6,059 posts

Default Re: Incoming.... Ebike... you never thought you'd see it happen.... go on, admit it..

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    Looks great,

What are they? 24 Kgs?
    Did you miss off a 0?

Liked 1,081 in 552 posts

Default Re: Incoming.... Ebike... you never thought you'd see it happen.... go on, admit it..

Mine's just under 25kg, bloody heavy when you have to carry it over an obstacle. But, the weight means nothing when you're riding it with a little assistance, which i guess is partly the idea.

3. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Nordboy:

Liked 5,806 in 3,087 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordboy View Post
    Mine's just under 25kg, bloody heavy when you have to carry it over an obstacle. But, the weight means nothing when you're riding it with a little assistance, which i guess is partly the idea.
    I rode one in France in the summer (a 3 year old full suspension Moustashe with Bosch drive) I couldn't believe how well it rolled on the flat and on minimum assistance (which lasts for LOTS of miles, it was easy up gentle inclines. Down hill was aces of course

All that was on tarmac - empty back lanes in Burgundy.

5. The following user liked this post made by GiantPygmy:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 96 in 56 posts

Never ridden a Giant but on the emtb forums the owners seem to love them. They always seem to say they get really good range too but there is a million different factors that affect that.

We all had a try on the ebike today after getting back from Swinley.

It was certainly interesting that's for sure, the hills just don't exist. Then even coming down it seems to carry it's weight amazingly well and carried speed where none should actually exist. It rolls and rolls so well.

It's still not something that holds any interest to me as a bike to own, I don't actually like the weight from a trail pop perspective, I want poppy, active, exciting, this just steam rollers.

Swinley was absolutely brilliant with my lad today, all off piste getting lost and finding random stuff to jump and session. Excellent, really really good. His 8 weeks off from breaking his hand hasn't affected his ability or bottle, his little legs and lungs were not quite 100% but that's ok.

Stuck the beast on the scales of truth today, pretty much exactly 25kg it comes in at.
    Took front tyre off to tape it up, there must be 1/2 kg in that tube, it's huge!!!!
    Doesn't need tape as amazingly, tubeless ready does actually mean tubeless ready.
    Sadly I've only got 1 tubeless valve in the spares so I've had to order another pair so I can do the rear.
    No wonder it felt hard though, just on 45psi it had in the front, I expect the back to be the same, I'm more used to something around 30. So we'll see how it feels once it's finished.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 96 in 56 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    Stuck the beast on the scales of truth today, pretty much exactly 25kg it comes in at.
    Took front tyre off to tape it up, there must be 1/2 kg in that tube, it's huge!!!!
    Doesn't need tape as amazingly, tubeless ready does actually mean tubeless ready.
    Sadly I've only got 1 tubeless valve in the spares so I've had to order another pair so I can do the rear.
    No wonder it felt hard though, just on 45psi it had in the front, I expect the back to be the same, I'm more used to something around 30. So we'll see how it feels once it's finished.
    We run about 20psi front and 22 rear tubeless on our ebikes. We ride loads of rocky stuff and very rarely get punctures. Great grip in the sloppy stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomble View Post
    We run about 20psi front and 22 rear tubeless on our ebikes. We ride loads of rocky stuff and very rarely get punctures. Great grip in the sloppy stuff too.
    Interesting. I went for 30 but no particular reason why. I guess we'll see how she gets on with it. I know people are expecting a bit 'more' but I don't see myself riding it I'm afraid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission