This is an independent one man website solely funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zarco to Ducati

Default Zarco to Ducati

This is an independent one man website solely funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Default Re: Zarco to Ducati

With Abraham's departure (which may or may not be linked with this) Zarco was a shoe-in. The Avintia Crew Chief won't be very pleased with his comments though

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    With Abraham's departure (which may or may not be linked with this) Zarco was a shoe-in. The Avintia Crew Chief won't be very pleased with his comments though
    ex-avintia crew chief... well, next week anyway.

Nice one Johann and good luck - the Ducati has floored many a rider.

I must admit I like the guy, he's got passion for racing and tells it as he see it without overdoing the politics.

Blog Entries

I bet Lorenzo wishes this seat had become available a bit sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    I bet Lorenzo wishes this seat had become available a bit sooner.

He shot himself in the foot there - he jumped ship from Ducati just before he found out how to ride it. Shades of Zarco there.

Quote Originally Posted by hilldweller View Post
    He shot himself in the foot there - he jumped ship from Ducati just before he found out how to ride it.
    I thought he was pushed rather than jumped.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
    I thought he was pushed rather than jumped.
    He was. Then won the next race.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    He was. Then won the next race.

OK - shows you what a bit of "I'll show the bastards" can do then.

Hopefully Zarco gets something that can go around corners and he can do a "lets show the bastards" a few times. All the more into the mix in giving Marquez Snr at least something of a challenge....

Quote Originally Posted by Makman View Post
    Hopefully Zarco gets something that can go around corners and he can do a "lets show the bastards" a few times. All the more into the mix in giving Marquez Snr at least something of a challenge....
    fuck all chance of that.... he's on a second string Ducati that was barely average this year in Petruccis hands, let alone a bloke who's never ridden it before.

He'll do rubbish... if he beats the KTMs he'll be doing acceptably.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    if he beats the KTMs he'll be doing acceptably.
    I think behind the scenes KTM has some very talented engineers. With Pedrosa and Kalio to point them in the right direction you have the makings of a very good motorcycle, the new chassis they rolled out for testing is hopefully proof of that. I can't help thinking that Zarco might have been a bit premature leaving a developing KTM for what has turned out to be a ride on this years Ducati. The good news is that Avintia have been upgraded from "pay as you go" to a satellite team, so better access to everything Ducati which should allow Rabat to develop as a rider.

Really Bored

If Ducati are putting in four members of staff and his contract is with Ducati not Avintia then he should be getting a decent version of the bike, with all that he ought to be ahead of the KTMs and troubling the Yamahas, Petrucci and Bagnaia.

Sadly I think the nearest Rabat will get to a decent Ducati is walking past Zarco's bike on the way to the other side of the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by crust View Post
    If Ducati are putting in four members of staff and his contract is with Ducati not Avintia then he should be getting a decent version of the bike, with all that he ought to be ahead of the KTMs and troubling the Yamahas, Petrucci and Bagnaia.

Sadly I think the nearest Rabat will get to a decent Ducati is walking past Zarco's bike on the way to the other side of the garage.
    He's only getting this years bike though, not the 2020.... Petrux may have done well for 1-2 races but neither him of Dovi set the world on fire, when you consider how much all bikes are next level up each year, i'm guessing that makes his new bike a bit Meh.

Really Bored

I don't think he'll trouble Marquez, Quartarooo or Jack/Dovi but the next bunch back should be a target, if he's not consistently top ten then he'll not get Petrucci or Jacks ride the following year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission