This is an independent one man website solely funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle therapy.

Default Motorcycle therapy.

This is an independent one man website solely funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
    I don't commute on bike so been getting little use lately but today done 150 miles. Shrewsbury > leominster > crossgates > Newtown > welshpool > Shrewsbury. with back roads to leominster. Lovely ride. Bike covered in shit. Feeling Top of the world. 🙂

Default Re: Motorcycle therapy.

It certainly is nice when you can just pick up and go, not sure I like the shit part though, hate cleaning bikes.

For most of us being on a bike is our happy place...... i was once told by a doc many years ago that the best therapy for me when stressed was to piss off on the bike for a couple of days. It works wonders

My old stomping grounds, there's some really good roads out that way. The road from Bridgnorth to Craven Arms was a favourite of mine.

I have become a very FWB these days though, I don't think I've ridden mine since mid-October and have no intention of riding again until March

Haven’t been on one of mine for a couple of weeks ... skiddy early morning commutes are a thing of the past but I went to my lock up this afternoon and they both have a charge so maybe Monday for a quick run ... v important for me my bikes

Quote Originally Posted by Bigyin View Post
    For most of us being on a bike is our happy place...... i was once told by a doc many years ago that the best therapy for me when stressed was to piss off on the bike for a couple of days. It works wonders
    Although ... When I was suffering troubles, I wore bits of tyre which never usually touched the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Although ... When I was suffering troubles, I wore bits of tyre which never usually touched the road.
    Mind in focus and shutting out the other shit could bring that

Because if it was anger, well that comes from fear and leads to hate then suffering.....riding the motorcycle badly you will be

ps, downtrained ticket in the post this week

No, I was just riding like a f*ckwit

[Well done!]

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    The road from Bridgnorth to Craven Arms was a favourite of mine.
    Sshhhhhh, don't tell the world
    If'n I've only an hour or 2 for a bimble I'd do a loop, home - kidder - bridhenorth - craven arms - lemmer - Worcester - kidder - home.

A nice mix of roads with some scenic country stuff plus a chance to play in city traffic.

Much Wenlock to Ludlow is good fun too.

100% therapy!! It's like meditation!!! I'm suffering from lack of riding for two years and 4 months - even though I knew I used bikes for mental health, the last two years have totally proven that is the case

Hopefully next year from July I'll be able to ride again. Hopefully!!

Really Bored

Those routes have reminded me of the Welsh National Rally - my favourite long weekend away on the bike, and a highlight of the year that I never miss if I can help it. The only downside is that it's six months away.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigyin View Post
    For most of us being on a bike is our happy place......
    yep - works for me. Every morning I drag a bike out of the garage, and then spend 35 minutes dancing through the back streets and traffic from Felpersham to Westminster. I enjoy it every day. I use different routes, and there are always different challenges fro a different set of idiots. It cheers me up on Monday mornings, and sparks me into life every day. An hour by train and tube just couldn't do that!

Really Bored

Quote Originally Posted by Trogladyte View Post
    yep - works for me. Every morning I drag a bike out of the garage, and then spend 35 minutes dancing through the back streets and traffic from Felpersham to Westminster. I enjoy it every day. I use different routes, and there are always different challenges fro a different set of idiots. It cheers me up on Monday mornings, and sparks me into life every day. An hour by train and tube just couldn't do that!
    Weird, isn't it? I don't commute any more, but I used to feel the same way.

How do you decide on which route to use?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission