TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rain x

Liked 4,183 in 2,095 posts

Default Re: Rain x

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    I got a 500ml bottle about 3 yrs ago and I use it on the windows of the cars as well as bike stuff. It was Mr OCD who recommended it if I recall correctly.
    Yup would have been OCD

He recommended me some GTechniq stuff for trying to keep the plastic lights on the Mk1 TT from fogging .... that was a tiny little spray bottle though and i "think" different from what you are using

Liked 2,649 in 1,440 posts

I regularly use the original RainX and it works a treat. It also allows dead dried bugs to wash of with a little water on a paper towel. Don't use it on the inside of your visor. It just fogs up. RainX does make an anti-fog spray for the inside of a car windscreen. I haven't used it.

I've got a new version of RainX I found in a petrol station in Tavistock that came in a big spray bottle and I'm not real impressed with it. It's a cleaner and water repellent combined. I find that if I clean my visor and then use the original RainX no sort of cleaning agent is needed for a week at a time.

3. The following user liked this post made by murcan:

Liked 10,739 in 5,614 posts

I got a 500ml bottle about 3 yrs ago and I use it on the windows of the cars as well as bike stuff. It was Mr OCD who recommended it if I recall correctly.
    Think he favours, or at least likes, their products as he recommended Gtechniq degreaser, although I have to say I wasn't that impressed by it, preferring paraffin!

Liked 632 in 355 posts

Well, I received the stuff, and have used it on the screens of both my scoots, and I have to say that I'm very impressed. It works a treat. Made coming home on a dark rainy night, much more pleasant. Cheers for the info GP.

6. The following user liked this post made by Didge:

Liked 981 in 547 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Didge View Post
    The original Rain-x is great. Although it was made for glass, and was said to make some plastic visors etc, brittle, I never had a problem with it, and it cleared the rain beautifully.

Last year, I bought the 'plastic safe' version to put on the Burgy screen, and it is utter shite. Rain clearance is negligible, and Pledge or Mr Sheen does a better job.

I'm going to try the original on my ageing visor, because as I said, I never had any problem with it in the past, and only stopped using it because of what the bike press said a long while back, about making plastic brittle.

Personally, I think it was probably mostly bollox, and only affected SOME visors/screens.
    Agree with Didge bought a Kappa Screen for the Burg much bigger than the original so needs to be kept clean. Admittedly I have only used it once so far and it lasted a couple of days. Will give it another go but so far not impressed with the plastic version. Dux back is supposed to be good but not used it on plastics

Liked 16 in 11 posts

Stop using barn door windscreens on the bikes and the wind will do its job just nicely.

Liked 632 in 355 posts

Quote Originally Posted by phil1250 View Post
    Stop using barn door windscreens on the bikes and the wind will do its job just nicely.
    No screen......It then accumulates on the visor. Silly boy.

Liked 3,632 in 2,409 posts

Quote Originally Posted by phil1250 View Post
    Big screens and fairings can cause all sorts of interesting effects, such as the vacuum behind them giving the 'hand of God' effect pushing on your back, making you go faster. And there, M'Lud, ends the case for the defence . . .

Liked 2,890 in 2,071 posts

Cheap shite Aldi shaving foam.

12. The following 3 users liked this useful post by 1888:

Liked 1,920 in 1,262 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Think he favours, or at least likes, their products as he recommended Gtechniq degreaser, although I have to say I wasn't that impressed by it, preferring paraffin!

I've switched from SDOC100 at 15 quid a litre to that at about 5 quid a litre as I got 5 litres between me and my neighbour. Not quite as good as SDOC but much cheaper and as you dilute it, it goes much much further.

Liked 10,739 in 5,614 posts

My Son just bought some Rain X anti fog. Will do our vehicles with it at the weekend. Anyone used it before?

Liked 981 in 547 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Big screens and fairings can cause all sorts of interesting effects, such as the vacuum behind them giving the 'hand of God' effect pushing on your back, making you go faster. And there, M'Lud, ends the case for the defence . . .
    Nah! it is negated by the enormous top box on the back . Truthfully there is a lot less wind battering from the Kappa screen compared to the OEM one quite impressed with it. Not had to actually raise it as I can just see over the top but I hate having a filthy windscreen hence the need for a solution. Just had the Crystal stuff arrive today so will report back after a bit of a trial

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission