TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays

  1. #16
    Should Get Out More GiantPygmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    22,465
    Like
    7,182
    Liked 5,926 in 3,151 posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    Still confuses me why we don't get to use them at all. I've used them once but never on a standard trackday.
    Its new garages not built yet mate:

    Set to be situated down the pit lane next to the circuit’s control tower, the new complex will comprise 12 double garages with capacity for 24 cars and will benefit from a vast paddock space behind.
    Work on the garages is set to begin in the coming weeks and is currently scheduled to be completed by April; finishing in time to kick off what is set to be a spectacular summer of motorsport around the picturesque circuit.

  2. #17
    Should Get Out More Weeksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Newbury/Didcot
    Posts
    56,399
    Like
    3,002
    Liked 10,654 in 6,103 posts

    Default Re: Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays

    Quote Originally Posted by GiantPygmy View Post
    Its new garages not built yet mate:
    No, i get that.... but they still have 6-10 garages that go unused every time we've been there.... I just wonder why that is.

    In the same way, i'm thinking it's unlikely these will be available to us either.

  3. The following user liked this post made by Weeksy:


  4. #18
    Should Get Out More Bigyin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    23,285
    Like
    2,620
    Liked 4,256 in 2,132 posts

    Default Re: Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    No, i get that.... but they still have 6-10 garages that go unused every time we've been there.... I just wonder why that is.

    In the same way, i'm thinking it's unlikely these will be available to us either.
    Probably want to keep them shiny for the paying car companies that use the circuit for testing or the higher end meetings that the circuit hosts .....why let a bunch of track day oiks in there to mess them up/ break stuff and also use the circuits electricity. I know they could recoup the costs with a hire charge but for such a small circuit i can "almost" see why they want to preserve the longevity of the limited facilities they have

  5. The following user liked this post made by Bigyin:


  6. #19
    Annoying The Idiots Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    40,849
    Like
    6,862
    Liked 6,509 in 4,059 posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigyin View Post
    Probably want to keep them shiny for the paying car companies that use the circuit for testing or the higher end meetings that the circuit hosts .....why let a bunch of track day oiks in there to mess them up/ break stuff and also use the circuits electricity. I know they could recoup the costs with a hire charge but for such a small circuit i can "almost" see why they want to preserve the longevity of the limited facilities they have
    Silverstone spent gazilions on the new wing, but they still let the oiks use it on trackdays.

  7. #20
    Should Get Out More Bigyin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    23,285
    Like
    2,620
    Liked 4,256 in 2,132 posts

    Default Re: Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Silverstone spent gazilions on the new wing, but they still let the oiks use it on trackdays.
    Silverstone has a massive budget and every top flight booking/meeting under the sun to keep it running at peak performance ...... Pembrey is a tad more limited in income

  8. #21
    A Bit Bored Dodgy Knees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    135
    Like
    0
    Liked 55 in 24 posts

    Default Re: Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays

    Should be ok for this again. Different bike this year. Gonna try it at Oulton first. The track does seem the best place to get to know your bike. 👍

  9. #22
    Should Get Out More Weeksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Newbury/Didcot
    Posts
    56,399
    Like
    3,002
    Liked 10,654 in 6,103 posts

    Default Re: Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays

    We're thinking of the may road bike day with MSV. Well, Ceri is, I'll be pit crew.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission