TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Donington with msv 15th April

  1. #16
    Should Get Out More Julian_Boolean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    1985
    Posts
    16,868
    Like
    1,362
    Liked 3,864 in 2,375 posts

    Default Re: Donington with msv 15th April


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsurfer View Post
    I'll be running in the CB after a full engine rebuild (rings, bearings etc.) at full throttle. What could possibly go wrong.

    Standard Gixxer and a heap of talent is all you really need..
    https://www.bikesportnews.com/news/n...-asks-guintoli
    Nah, all you need is the ability to enjoy yourself, trackdays are fun on any bike, and it doesn't matter how slow you are, if it matters to you how fast you are in comparison to other people you should be racing.

  2. #17
    Really Bored TrickyDicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Baarkshire
    Posts
    2,349
    Like
    1,362
    Liked 1,732 in 763 posts

    Default Re: Donington with msv 15th April

    Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsurfer View Post
    I'll be running in the CB after a full engine rebuild (rings, bearings etc.) at full throttle. What could possibly go wrong.

    Standard Gixxer and a heap of talent is all you really need..
    https://www.bikesportnews.com/news/n...-asks-guintoli
    It'll be a decent test of your engine building skills I guess

    What CB is it- am guessing 500?

  3. #18
    Not Much To Do
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    597
    Like
    49
    Liked 85 in 55 posts

    Default Re: Donington with msv 15th April

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickyDicky View Post
    It'll be a decent test of your engine building skills I guess

    What CB is it- am guessing 500?
    Yep.
    Standard cylinder pressure is 14 bar. Mine was at 9 and 10, increasing to 12 with oil in the bores.
    I ran it up the road and the engine feels pretty tight (as you'd expect) but I'm optimistic

  4. #19
    Should Get Out More Weeksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Newbury/Didcot
    Posts
    56,515
    Like
    3,031
    Liked 10,902 in 6,161 posts

    Default Re: Donington with msv 15th April

    Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsurfer View Post
    Yep.
    Standard cylinder pressure is 14 bar. Mine was at 9 and 10, increasing to 12 with oil in the bores.
    I ran it up the road and the engine feels pretty tight (as you'd expect) but I'm optimistic
    You out in inters ? You can test it on the straight against the mighty 690.... well, for the warm up laps anyway until you bugger off.

  5. #20
    Not Much To Do
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    597
    Like
    49
    Liked 85 in 55 posts

    Default Re: Donington with msv 15th April

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    You out in inters ? You can test it on the straight against the mighty 690.... well, for the warm up laps anyway until you bugger off.
    Sorry, advanced (rightly or wrongly!)

  6. The following user liked this post made by tarmacsurfer:


  7. #21
    Should Get Out More Weeksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Newbury/Didcot
    Posts
    56,515
    Like
    3,031
    Liked 10,902 in 6,161 posts

    Default Re: Donington with msv 15th April

    Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsurfer View Post
    Sorry, advanced (rightly or wrongly!)
    Good man... i'll be keeping an eye out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission