TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 319 of 706 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 10590

Thread: Corona Virus

Liked 1,196 in 674 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Corona Virus

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    And you can never have too many.

GWS Balbas
    And another - take care fella.

Liked 64 in 32 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    It's all kicked off round here. Loads of videos from outside the local hospital with lots of clapping from the NHS staff who aren't wearing PPE and seem to have forgot about social distancing too! I kinda understand the anger as some of these are people working in the covid wards that have seen 49 deaths! It really does send out a mixed message, sort of do as I say not as I do and it does undermine the whole #StayHome thing.

For those that FB , one of many videos https://www.facebook.com/helen.dane1...6874149582984/
    Doesn't look good...If these nhs staff aren't bothered about safe measures outside, then why bother inside.??

Confused.

Liked 105 in 63 posts

Wikipedia: "WorldNetDaily (WND) is an American news and opinion website and online news aggregator which has been described as "fringe" and far right[6] as well as politically conservative.[7] The website is known for promoting falsehoods and conspiracy theories.[15] " https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WorldNetDaily

Liked 105 in 63 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgy Knees View Post
    Doesn't look good...If these nhs staff aren't bothered about safe measures outside, then why bother inside.??

Confused.
    SDF already answered this up thread

Liked 1,562 in 1,113 posts

Quote Originally Posted by niggle View Post
    Wikipedia: "WorldNetDaily (WND) is an American news and opinion website and online news aggregator which has been described as "fringe" and far right[6] as well as politically conservative.[7] The website is known for promoting falsehoods and conspiracy theories.[15] " https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WorldNetDaily
    By a far left sectarian organisation.

Liked 3,089 in 2,215 posts

I am in a similarly frustrating position: as previously mentioned my OH had "barn door" Covid-19, starting 16 days ago, and recovered within a week. I have had no illness and have done my 14 days quarantine from when she first fell ill. I am semi-retired but with 35 years learning disability nursing experience I could easily step in and work in local LD or other care homes that are crying out for help, I even have an up to date enhanced DBS, but because I have type 2 diabetes and a history of asthma I don't want to without knowing for certain that I have been infected but was asymptomatic, so now can be presumed to be immune. We desperately need a reliable antibody test.
    My wife earlier this week did 10 antibody tests (which should indicate whether you have had the disease) of which 2 came back as neither positive or negative. OK, it's a small sample, but that's at least a 20% failure rate because it's anybody's guess as to whether the other 8 were valid results. These were supposedly reliable tests. Rubbish.

Liked 105 in 63 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    By a far left sectarian organisation.
    LOL, I would hate to live in your world.

Liked 105 in 63 posts

Quote Originally Posted by irie View Post
    My wife earlier this week did 10 antibody tests (which should indicate whether you have had the disease) of which 2 came back as neither positive or negative. OK, it's a small sample, but that's at least a 20% failure rate because it's anybody's guess as to whether the other 8 were valid results. These were supposedly reliable tests. Rubbish.
    Yes it seems rubbish, but a 'neither positive nor negative' result suggests to me (as a total non-expert) there was a problem with the samples rather than with the test.

Liked 6,851 in 4,268 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger and as a former Cop, .
    Ex-filth ?

*PLONK*

Liked 260 in 190 posts

Quote Originally Posted by balbas View Post
    Good to hear about your colleague.

You're not wrong about the bloody headache, I thought my head was going to explode last night.
    Hope you have got the milder version but keep an eye on your symptoms - it can come back to bite as BJ found. Best wishes to you.

I see there's a suggestion that the exit strategy for lockdown might be by age and geography. I'm guessing age ascending, not descending.

"Scientific adviser Prof Neil Ferguson, who was asked about coming out of lockdown, said it would likely "be targeted by age, by geography". (For Noggin......)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52239688

Liked 6,851 in 4,268 posts
    Blog Entries

We've just got 2 more weeks. We were expecting it, but they can't officially announce it until the previous lockdown comes to an end.

State of emergency extended

Yesterday evening Parliament approved the continuation of the state of emergency in Spain until April 26.
    Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez stated that he will have to ask MPs to grant further extensions after this to fight the Covid-19 pandemic.
    The government has indicated that conditions after April 26 may be different to the current lockdown, which is one of the strictest in Europe.
    However, this will depend on the success of measures to get the virus under control.
    At the beginning of the marathon debate, Sr Sánchez said the government was working on a 'transition plan' to take Spain out of total lockdown so the country could move towards a 'new normality'.
    He said the transition would be progressive and carried out with great caution.
    Experts in different fields are examining how this can be done.
    Their plan will be adapted to the evolution of the coronavirus in Spain and the rest of the world.
    A complete return to normal life will only be possible when an effective vaccine is available, noted Sr Sánchez.

12. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Yorick:

Liked 1,562 in 1,113 posts

LOL, I would hate to live in your world.
    Why, are you from Mars?

Liked 3,802 in 1,949 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    We've just got 2 more weeks. We were expecting it, but they can't officially announce it until the previous lockdown comes to an end.

State of emergency extended

Yesterday evening Parliament approved the continuation of the state of emergency in Spain until April 26.
    Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez stated that he will have to ask MPs to grant further extensions after this to fight the Covid-19 pandemic.
    The government has indicated that conditions after April 26 may be different to the current lockdown, which is one of the strictest in Europe.
    However, this will depend on the success of measures to get the virus under control.
    At the beginning of the marathon debate, Sr Sánchez said the government was working on a 'transition plan' to take Spain out of total lockdown so the country could move towards a 'new normality'.
    He said the transition would be progressive and carried out with great caution.
    Experts in different fields are examining how this can be done.
    Their plan will be adapted to the evolution of the coronavirus in Spain and the rest of the world.
    A complete return to normal life will only be possible when an effective vaccine is available, noted Sr Sánchez.

Yup. We are fully expecting the same here. Macron will speak on Monday

At Work
    Liked 276 in 172 posts

Q for Savio - up there ^^ somewhere you said that you wear a mask when you're out. Is it a "proper" one? - as I had thought that the simple ones weren't an effective barrier?

Liked 902 in 618 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wossname View Post
    Q for Savio - up there ^^ somewhere you said that you wear a mask when you're out. Is it a "proper" one? - as I had thought that the simple ones weren't an effective barrier?
    iirc Leopard print ffp3

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission