TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 321 of 648 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 9715

Thread: Corona Virus

Liked 3,066 in 2,195 posts

Default Re: Corona Virus

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by niggle View Post
    Yes it seems rubbish, but a 'neither positive nor negative' result suggests to me (as a total non-expert) there was a problem with the samples rather than with the test.
    An SRN and OHA who regularly takes blood samples for Hep B and other stuff? When she contacted the Lab (who shall be nameless) they passed the buck to the suppliers! Waste of time, not surprised that the govt wants these tests extensively verified.

Liked 3,456 in 2,099 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevioio View Post

* feel free to substitute other workers who can't social distance effectively
    Binmen. And it's probable that they are more at risk of exposure than firefighters.

Really Bored
    Liked 629 in 323 posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevioio View Post
    Ok I know I'll get a bit of stick but here goes.

Firemen* all have to sit together in the same engine, then they all go home to the wives and kids after the shift.
    Therefore if they, their wives and kids all meet up for a BBQ in one of their gardens this weekend it's doing no harm and normal people shouldn't question their judgement?

* feel free to substitute other workers who can't social distance effectively
    Not what I said at all.

NHS staff have to work close together, so when they go outside to acknowledge the clapping what difference does it make if they stand together, the virus doesn't know the difference - oh, yeah. They have to stand apart to stop the mouth breathers of Essex getting angry.

Certain sectors of our lot have to work side by side as a team, they sit beside each other in the canteen. It pees off the H&S bloke but he understands.

Same with fire fighters, they all work together in close quarters so why social distance at sometimes in work and not others? As for the BBQ analogy I'm not going to bother, if you really think that's the same thing as having to work in close proximity.

4. The following 2 users liked this useful post by crust:

Liked 6,605 in 3,394 posts

Quote Originally Posted by moth View Post
    Because people are self-entitled idiots. A large number want to be able to do whatever the fuck they like even if it kills them
    Like drinking alcohol, smoking and riding motorcycles.

Alcohol and smoking kills about 85,000 people every year, C19 has got quite a way to go yet to catch up.

6. The following user liked this post made by icarus1859:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    Like drinking alcohol, smoking and riding motorcycles.

Alcohol and smoking kills about 85,000 people every year, C19 has got quite a way to go yet to catch up.

True enough.

Really Bored
    Liked 629 in 323 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dazzle View Post
    Any other species would have just rolled over and died.

The fact that we're not doing that gives you your answer.
    Not sure it does, my current thoughts are that we can breed faster than our stupidity allows us to wipe ourselves out. Judging by the stretchy lycra brigades trollies coming out of Asda its going to be a close run thing between deaths from the Corona virus and post lockdown obesity.

9. The following 2 users liked this useful post by crust:

Not Much To Do
    Liked 134 in 90 posts

Quote Originally Posted by crust View Post
    Not what I said at all.

NHS staff have to work close together, so when they go outside to acknowledge the clapping what difference does it make if they stand together, the virus doesn't know the difference - oh, yeah. They have to stand apart to stop the mouth breathers of Essex getting angry.

Certain sectors of our lot have to work side by side as a team, they sit beside each other in the canteen. It pees off the H&S bloke but he understands.

Same with fire fighters, they all work together in close quarters so why social distance at sometimes in work and not others? As for the BBQ analogy I'm not going to bother, if you really think that's the same thing as having to work in close proximity.
    I know what you're saying but if they can be together at work why separate them at weekends?
    The answer is it makes no difference but it's setting an example for the lowly 'mouth breathers' as you put it.
    Much like the scottish doctor who resigned after being caught going to her holiday home, she wasn't spreading the disease either but she was flouting her own advice.

Here's an article that basically asks the same question

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...rus-individual

Liked 1,143 in 650 posts
    Blog Entries

Binmen. And it's probable that they are more at risk of exposure than firefighters.
    The local bin men are travelling in several cars behind the bin wagon round here.

Iíve noticed the highways agency travelling in a convoy of two vehicles as well now.

At Work
    Liked 274 in 170 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Savio Du Funk View Post
    When I fell ill I ordered a job lot of masks. Asked here first. Have about 20 proper job ones with removable filters. I've got about 100 standard issue surgical masks and about 120 of unsure but it was from a builders merchants

If I'm down the supermarket, I wear one. Mainly because of droplets and people not observing social distancing.

I'm riding my MTB then I don't . I have no objection to people taking the piss. It looks silly picking up a pint of milk looking like you're off to a rave but we are where we are.

I'm not entirely following government advice but that's mainly because government advice is influenced by stock availability
    My query was based on the suspicion that most of these masks in common usage are designed as dust filters, and will be useless against viruses, including this one. The ones used in hospitals are meant to be effective against viruses, but are in short supply, and I've had the feeling that the ones we see out and about on the street are mostly kidology for the wearer. Correct me....

Same re the wearing of gloves - it's quite difficult to be effective as regards avoiding transferring infection on the gloves into your car/home/nose, and most people just don't know how to do it properly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wheelnut View Post
    The local bin men are travelling in several cars behind the bin wagon round here.

I’ve noticed the highways agency travelling in a convoy of two vehicles as well now.

Ours were still in one bin wagon on Monday.

The company I work for has hired vans to split up multi-crewed vehicles.

Liked 5,262 in 2,553 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wossname View Post
    My query was based on the suspicion that most of these masks in common usage are designed as dust filters, and will be useless against viruses, including this one. The ones used in hospitals are meant to be effective against viruses, but are in short supply, and I've had the feeling that the ones we see out and about on the street are mostly kidology for the wearer. Correct me....

Same re the wearing of gloves - it's quite difficult to be effective as regards avoiding transferring infection on the gloves into your car/home/nose, and most people just don't know how to do it properly.
    I think the virus in the air is attached to or in moisture droplets. The filter stops them.

Liked 1,543 in 1,098 posts

Should Get Out More Savio Du Funk's Avatar
    Liked 4,219 in 1,492 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wossname View Post

I thought I'd answered this? My masks have filters. Its not wanting to be breathed and coughed on. No kidolgy. I will take the advice of South Korea over 'take it on the chin' too

Liked 105 in 63 posts

Quote Originally Posted by crust View Post
    How did we as a species ever make it out of the caves?
    The weather warmed up, so out we came, like we still do, to play around in the sunshine.

18. The following 2 users liked this useful post by niggle:

Liked 105 in 63 posts

A large number want to be able to do whatever the fuck they like even if it kills them
    If they didn't put others at risk in the process I would be all for this.

20. The following 2 users liked this useful post by niggle:

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission