TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 322 of 649 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 9723

Thread: Corona Virus

Liked 5,459 in 3,675 posts

Default Re: Corona Virus

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevioio View Post
    Ok I know I'll get a bit of stick but here goes.

Firemen* all have to sit together in the same engine, then they all go home to the wives and kids after the shift.
    Therefore if they, their wives and kids all meet up for a BBQ in one of their gardens this weekend it's doing no harm and normal people shouldn't question their judgement?

* feel free to substitute other workers who can't social distance effectively
    That is so sexist. Don't you know that 5% of firemen are women?

Not Much To Do
    Liked 130 in 84 posts

That makes 105 %

Liked 3,965 in 2,635 posts

Quote Originally Posted by niggle View Post
    If they didn't put others at risk in the process I would be all for this.
    And need demand treatment.

Liked 4,306 in 2,885 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crust View Post
    I guess so, I suppose I'll have to lower the bar even further on my estimation of peoples intelligence and it's pretty low at the moment.

How did we as a species ever make it out of the caves?
    A bear chased us out!

Liked 5,459 in 3,675 posts

Quote Originally Posted by treadeager View Post
    That makes 105 %
    Maybe they're Quaker firemen.

Should Get Out More MyLittleStudPony's Avatar
    Liked 2,556 in 1,490 posts
    Blog Entries

I see various police forces have been bollocked for being over zealous and tinpot Hitler-esque. Today it was Cambridgeshire for going through people's shopping and telling them what they could or couldn't buy.

Liked 3,815 in 1,975 posts

Quote Originally Posted by MyLittleStudPony View Post
    I see various police forces have been bollocked for being over zealous and tinpot Hitler-esque. Today it was Cambridgeshire for going through people's shopping and telling them what they could or couldn't buy.
    Devon and Cornwall have obviously eased off a bit. When this first kicked off they were putting in road blocks. Now ti's being reported that loads of 'travellers' have turned up in Devon and Cornwall after driving down the M5. The locals are pretty upset judging by some of the social media comments.

Liked 105 in 63 posts

Quote Originally Posted by MyLittleStudPony View Post
    Well almost, but not quite:

"The full tweet from the Cambridge Police Twitter said: "Officers visited Tesco Barhill this morning as part of their patrols around supermarkets and green spaces this weekend.

"Good to see everyone was abiding by social distancing measures and the non essential aisles were empty."

A Cambridgeshire Police spokeswoman said: "For clarification, the force position, in line with national guidance, is that we are not monitoring what people are buying from supermarkets. This message was sent with good intentions by an over exuberant officer who has been spoken to since this tweet was published."

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...pping-18073255

Liked 105 in 63 posts

Quote Originally Posted by balbas View Post
    Devon and Cornwall have obviously eased off a bit. When this first kicked off they were putting in road blocks. Now ti's being reported that loads of 'travellers' have turned up in Devon and Cornwall after driving down the M5. The locals are pretty upset judging by some of the social media comments.
    Devon and Cornwall Police; so named because one is from Devon and the other one is from Cornwall.

10. The following 2 users liked this useful post by niggle:

Liked 5,262 in 2,553 posts

Devon and Cornwall Police; so named because one is from Devon and the other one is from Cornwall.
    One of them can read, the other write. And one from Somerset to keep an eye on the two dangerous intellectuals..

Liked 3,456 in 2,099 posts
    Blog Entries

Well almost, but not quite:

"The full tweet from the Cambridge Police Twitter said: "Officers visited Tesco Barhill this morning as part of their patrols around supermarkets and green spaces this weekend.

"Good to see everyone was abiding by social distancing measures and the non essential aisles were empty."

A Cambridgeshire Police spokeswoman said: "For clarification, the force position, in line with national guidance, is that we are not monitoring what people are buying from supermarkets. This message was sent with good intentions by an over exuberant officer who has been spoken to since this tweet was published."

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...pping-18073255

I don't want the police to ease up, I want them to be right fucking bastards who question, sanction and fine any cuddly wuddly beary beary boo who thinks the rules don't apply to them. Fuck 'policing by consent', it won't work with this crisis in today's society.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52233618

13. The following user liked this post made by moth:

Liked 3,965 in 2,635 posts

Quote Originally Posted by moth View Post
    I don't want the police to ease up, I want them to be right fucking bastards who question, sanction and fine any cuddly wuddly beary beary boo who thinks the rules don't apply to them. Fuck 'policing by consent', it won't work with this crisis in today's society.

We have a WhatsApp group for the street, set up a few days ago so we can ask for help or offer support.

Yesterday's request was 'can I borrow a lawnmower', today's requests and help have included info on where to buy eggs and flour (little village a few miles away), where to get meat for the BBQ (opening hours for a butcher in the town centre) and 'where can we get charcoal?' (Sainsbury's superstore).

Let's redefine 'essential'.

Liked 1,543 in 1,098 posts

Quote Originally Posted by moth View Post

Thing is, the rules are guidance and there isn't any law to say you can't be out.

We Police by consent in this country, we don't want the public to lose any more faith in the 'system'.

Liked 3,456 in 2,099 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    We have a WhatsApp group for the street, set up a few days ago so we can ask for help or offer support.

Yesterday's request was 'can I borrow a lawnmower', today's requests and help have included info on where to buy eggs and flour (little village a few miles away), where to get meat for the BBQ (opening hours for a butcher in the town centre) and 'where can we get charcoal?' (Sainsbury's superstore).

Let's redefine 'essential'.
    That's a barbecue for family members domiciled together, yes?

Liked 873 in 602 posts
    Blog Entries

"
    Another 40 patients 'cleared' of coronavirus test POSITIVE for Covid-19 again in South Korea, bringing total 'reactivations' to 91"

If it's down to a flaw in the accuracy of accepted Testing methods I'm a little concerned that Nations who've also signed up to the TEST TEST TEST principle, especially Germany & China may have a bit of a shock comming. Could HMG have made the right choice in not testing/waiting for better science?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ive-again.html

also Reuters (for Moth)

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-he...-idUKKCN21S04Y
    Last edited by melons; 10-04-20 at 15:49. Reason: Reuters link added for as 'moth' don't do the DM!

18. The following user liked this post made by melons:

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission