TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 206 of 641 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 9615

Thread: Corona Virus

Liked 1,792 in 846 posts

Default Re: Corona Virus

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by irie View Post
    That is the point of my post: as C19 deaths increase it will become clear how much C19 is increasing death rates, and how much C19 is being recorded as a cause of death instead of being otherwise recorded.
    Yeah, I wasn’t arguing against you, just adding that the shared link had said the same thing .

2. The following user liked this post made by Gedge:

Liked 3,964 in 2,634 posts

That is the point of my post: as C19 deaths increase it will become clear how much C19 is increasing death rates, and how much C19 is being recorded as a cause of death instead of being otherwise recorded.
    We're all going to die, sooner or later. So it could be argued that Covid-19 will alter the 'when'. Bringing forward some will obviously result in a fall in numbers later.

Liked 11,561 in 6,017 posts

Unbelievable!

Police broke up a 'massive party' with 25 guests during the coronavirus lockdown.
    Officers were left in 'absolute shock' when they found the revellers ignoring social distancing rules in Derby.
    The guests had even set up large speakers in the room for karaoke.
    Local officers posted photos from the party on Twitter, showing a huge buffet laid out with beers, wine and various snacks.
    The party-goers, including adults and children, were 'dispersed' by police.
    The hosts have been 'dealt with', the post said.

The tweet, put up by Derby West Response at 12.30am this morning (Sunday) said: "Group 1 officers have just attended an address in absolute shock to find 25 adults and children having a massive party with speakers and karaoke.
    "Everyone dispersed and hosts dealt with.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...party-18003236

Liked 3,063 in 2,193 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gedge View Post
    Thats was the point made in the link that ink that was shared, that flu was not recorded as the cause of death, whereas they now record c19 deaths as a separate cause, not showing whether they actually died of something else..so the interesting thing will be whether total deaths rise by the same amount as recorded c19 deaths or will the total figure stay roughly the same , just that the causes will change ..
    Agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by irie, post #2948
    Given that in the UK there are about 616,000 deaths every year (that's about 1,690 per day) one wonders how many of the deaths attributed to COVID-19 are effectively near future deaths brought forward by COVID-19 infections ...
    Will be very interesting to see if there is a dip from average later in the year.

Liked 254 in 184 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dazzle View Post
    The less people travel about and the closer they stay to home the quicker this will all be over.

Maybe it's "perfectly legal" but it's not sensible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gedge View Post
    You don’t know ( and nor do I or Mick) whether it was necessary or essential...Its starting to feel like the authorities really don’t like those terms ..
    An example. Someone I used to work alongside posted on her FB page that she and her husband had been up to Derbyshire in their campervan (so staying) to walk Mam Tor. This was the weekend before we were all told that we were not obeying the rules (Snowdoniagate) and were now going to be required to only go out for the 4 necessary reasons.

This woman then goes on to post about how she was very annoyed because her online order had been cancelled and she didn’t want to go out and risk getting CV19! FFS. She just didn’t get the irony when I posted that we were all now in lockdown because of people like her. Her response ‘we were allowed to go at the time’. Not incorrect but certainly not in the spirit in which we were asked to behave. No we don’t know why those people were on the motorway but in general we’re selfish human beings!

Liked 11,561 in 6,017 posts

Liked 2,995 in 1,963 posts

Agree with you.

Will be very interesting to see if there is a dip from average later in the year.
    Assuming we are are still here to see

Liked 5,457 in 3,673 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    "...you've missed the point and only look stupid."

Just been told, by a relative of a friend (the rellie is a consultant in a London hospital) if you're over 65 and get taken in, you won't get a ventilator.

I know the consultant exists, I've seen a couple of walk on parts in TV obdocs.

Liked 5,457 in 3,673 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Just been told, by a relative of a friend (the rellie is a consultant in a London hospital) if you're over 65 and get taken in, you won't get a ventilator.

I know the consultant exists, I've seen a couple of walk on parts in TV obdocs.
    During the second world war there used to be a criminal offence of "spreading alarm and despondency." https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/...bse.davidmckie

Maybe something for Boris to think about. I'll send him an email, suggest it should be a hanging offence.

12. The following user liked this post made by saga_lout:

Liked 2,995 in 1,963 posts

Quote Originally Posted by saga_lout View Post
    During the second world war there used to be a criminal offence of "spreading alarm and despondency." https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/...bse.davidmckie

Maybe something for Boris to think about. I'll send him an email, suggest it should be a hanging offence.
    Boris has been busy spreading COVID 19. Shouldn't that be a more serious offence?

14. The following user liked this post made by slowsider:

Liked 729 in 300 posts

One for 636mick

Man drives 224 miles with wife in boot during lockdown to collect 15 eBay item

https://rtl24.uk/man-drives-224-mile...-15-ebay-item/

16. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Clanktank:

Liked 551 in 374 posts

Been away a few days. Am I correct in thinking that the notion of testing is flawed because the kits can only detect coronavirus and not specificaly covid-19 and that as coronavirus is not uncommon, it could be/is being used as a coverall, and that this is/ will skew the numbers as deaths aren’t being investigated to determine which strain? [think this was discussed 10 pages back although really it's been a relative constant throughout]

TDLR: just watching Icke’s lastest offering on fiddling the numbers

Liked 3,063 in 2,193 posts

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
    Been away a few days. Am I correct in thinking that the notion of testing is flawed because the kits can only detect coronavirus and not specificaly covid-19 and that as coronavirus is not uncommon, it could be/is being used as a coverall, and that this is/ will skew the numbers as deaths aren’t being investigated to determine which strain? [think this was discussed 10 pages back although really it's been a relative constant throughout]

TDLR: just watching Icke’s lastest offering on fiddling the numbers
    Did Icke talk about the alien lizards?

And FYI - the common cold is a coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by saga_lout View Post

Do you mean that telling the truth would be an offence?

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission