TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Vpn on router or through phone/tablet

Liked 339 in 171 posts

Default Vpn on router or through phone/tablet

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Friends have moved to spain and setting things up internet wise.
    They want to use iplayer for catchup and so asking the great and gifted here which would be better for techno numpties.
    Also express or nord as the vpn. I use nord but lately having trouble using iplayer lately.
    TIA

Liked 1,639 in 957 posts

Default Re: Vpn on router or through phone/tablet

Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
    Friends have moved to spain and setting things up internet wise.
    They want to use iplayer for catchup and so asking the great and gifted here which would be better for techno numpties.
    Also express or nord as the vpn. I use nord but lately having trouble using iplayer lately.
    TIA

I use Nord, but there's plenty about.
    One thing to remember is that the streaming services are fully aware that people are using VPNs to bypass the geo-boundaries and so they'll block access to IPs that they have established are part of a VPN network.
    You can mitigite this by choosing random servers on the VPN network (I know NordVPN allows you to do this, albeit manually): try to choose the newest additions.

In regards to setting it up directly on the router: I know it's possible with some better-quality routers, but I'm afraid I have no specific knowledge. I tend to use Nord directly from the device, mainly because I tend to use it on public access points only.

Should Get Out More Kneerly Down's Avatar
    Liked 1,518 in 937 posts

Default Re: Vpn on router or through phone/tablet

Have been using ExpressVPN for 2 years now and it seems to work very reliably.
    It was the one suggested to use in China, which I presume means it shifts IPs pretty regularly.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission