TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kickstart engines

Liked 388 in 277 posts

Default Re: Kickstart engines

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFooBob View Post
    I dunno what happened to all my copies of Greybike. I bought a 400 Bros because I couldn't afford a Hornet 250. IIRC the biggest Southern Grey dealer was BAT.
    The name of the Croydon dealer will come to me found the photocopy of the Shaken the other day (missus says some bloke from Osaka had it )

Liked 8,434 in 4,759 posts

Quote Originally Posted by asmethurst View Post
    I'd like a FTR .
    SRX 600 was an official UK import - I'm sure a member of this Parish had a SZR 600 - hankered after one of these for a while .
    Recent FireBlade ownership has meant that I realise that my morotycyling choices of the last 25 years have been wasted and that I have a lot of catching up to do
    SRZ had the 660, I iirc they were quite a lot different to the earlier 600 motors.

There was two SRX600's a monoshock and a twin shock, I think only one of them was officially imported.

3. The following user liked this post made by KungFooBob:

Liked 388 in 277 posts

SRZ had the 660, I iirc they were quite a lot different to the earlier 600 motors
    There was two SRX600's a monoshock and a twin shock, I think only one of them was officially imported.
    That's right re SRZ - didn't know that about the SRX 600's - seem expensive in GooBike website (everything does) nowadays- lots of better bikes out there - my 400 had v bad build quality even for an import .

Liked 3,047 in 2,173 posts

My bible was Grey Bike - shoulda bought a Bros but I loved the looks of the SRX - there was a grey bike porter in Croydon whose name I've forgotten had loads .
    I remember going to Seastar when they were in a shed sort of .
    To,the original poster - check out Shadetree Surgeon on YouTube as he's put an Xs 650 in a hard tail recently - his channel is easy going
    God knows where the shop was. I just remember it being rammed with bikes and even had 100's upstairs and to get them down they had a ramp what got pulled up and the bike strapped to the far end so when it went down they did not have to run down a ramp with a bike. I think the 400 made it in the BHP level that was going around at the time. Were you not restricted to 33 or there about in the 90's.

Liked 388 in 277 posts

I took my test in 96 - no licence restriction at that point (for me anyway)

Should Get Out More
    Liked 2,863 in 1,691 posts
    Blog Entries

I dunno what happened to all my copies of Greybike. I bought a 400 Bros because I couldn't afford a Hornet 250. IIRC the biggest Southern Grey dealer was BAT.
    Yeah BAT motorcycles were the 400cc guys in the Nineties and Noughties. I did my test in 2001 when I was 17, so I had the 33bhp limit thing for 2 years. CBR400s, VFR400s and ZXR400s were the stuff of dreams for the teenage me. The lucky few had a tuned up 30bhp Aprilia RS125.

I ended up with a Honda CB-1 and a big set of washers.

I took my test in 96 - no licence restriction at that point (for me anyway)
    Interesting. Maybe it was later in the 90's as i did go out with her for a good 11 years. All i can think about was the 33bhp law/rule whenever that came in as he had a CB250 before what was great on fuel but a slug and very ugly. Im sure that was low 20's BHP

Liked 388 in 277 posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1888 View Post
    Interesting. Maybe it was later in the 90's as i did go out with her for a good 11 years. All i can think about was the 33bhp law/rule whenever that came in as he had a CB250 before what was great on fuel but a slug and very ugly. Im sure that was low 20's BHP
    According to wiki it's 33 hp - One of my instructors on my 5 day course in Romford was on a CBR 250 - he instructed on a CB 500
    He was six foot tall and folded himself up onto it - the bike was his girlfriends

That reminds me of my test (1986). Part one was on my XL125. Even at 6'2" i felt that was to small, anyway git a pass and not long after the bike went up in smoke. Lass i was going out with then had a KH125. My knees were up in my chin Well it felt that way to me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission