TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freeing an iPhone from remote control?

Should Get Out More the phantom pieman's Avatar
    Liked 1,345 in 871 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Freeing an iPhone from remote control?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    TBH, not a phone based comment - but a computer issue. I had so many problems with Windows computers - spyare, malware, viruses and then just general rubbish running. I got fed up of loading Window yet a fucking again.
    I understand dif you are added in wool IT geek, who smells funny and dresses like you never met people, then I imagine it is the most fantastic system in the world. I just want something that works - and generally, Apple have deliver it ... much to my annoyance.

BTW - Phone being sorted next week , hopefully remotely. But will depend on whether they have disconnected me from all the IT systems ....

2. The following user liked this post made by the phantom pieman:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 4,678 in 2,705 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom pieman View Post
    TBH, not a phone based comment - but a computer issue. I had so many problems with Windows computers - spyare, malware, viruses and then just general rubbish running. I got fed up of loading Window yet a fucking again.
    I understand if you are dyed in wool IT geek, who smells funny and dresses like you never met people, then I imagine it is the most fantastic system in the world. I just want something that works - and generally, Apple have deliver it ... much to my annoyance.

BTW - Phone being sorted next week , hopefully remotely. But will depend on whether they have disconnected me from all the IT systems ....
    No, we they run Linux. And can type properly. If I didn't have Mint as an OS then I'd have OSX.

Liked 1,345 in 871 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    No, we they run Linux. And can type properly. If I didn't have Mint as an OS then I'd have OSX.
    Whoopee ...

Liked 11,561 in 6,017 posts

I understand dif you are added in wool IT geek, who smells funny and dresses like you never met people, then I imagine it is the most fantastic system in the world. I just want something that works - and generally, Apple have deliver it ... much to my annoyance.

I'm the same. I just want things to work and Apple stuff does, in the main, very, very well. EVery single windows PC I've had has got slower each time it starts, osx/ios doesn't , it just works. Our works IT dept had to "align their central IT policy" which mean rolling out MS surfaces to everyone. Fucking aces to most, but not me? My super high spec, top of the range one was shite when using adobe creative cloud. Using task manager I was able to demonstrate how shite it was, so the IT dept built me a windows PC that was higher spec than my 8 year old imac. Every day it gets slower and again, it just cannot process my workflow using adobe CC software as good as a lower spec iMac? Dunno if there is any provable conflict with windows and adobe software, but by fuck it seems to be the source of m problems.

At home I have an old macBook Pro with a 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 running 16gb DDR3 ram. When working from home I use this for 98% of my workload as the MS Surface is so shite at everything compared to it. I'm really not a apple fan boi, I just want stuff to work. I don't want or need to any product and don't have any brand allegiance, I just want stuff to work so I can do my job, but it seems only apple does and the rest don't IMO.

6. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Taipan:

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 5,235 in 3,295 posts

You'm all weird.
    In this house we have 5 laptops running various flavours of windows and 1 desktop on windows 10 with no bother at all.
    Likewise we've 1 Windows phones (Nokia) which although shit just works, 3 android phones, 1 iPhone and one basic Nokia, all just do the job they were intended for, with the iPhone being the least intuitive and biggest ball ache.

But everything works, I spend sod all time trying to fix em, no time reinstalling os's or trying to hunt down malware or viruses.

WTF are you all doing to have so many problems, FFS my daughter runs most Adobe software on her HP laptop without issue, although it can run hot with too many layers in Photoshop.

Oh, and 2 iPads and 3 android tablets too, the androids get used for personal stuff whilst the iPads aren't touched for anything but work.

8. The following user liked this post made by mrlongbeard:

Liked 11,561 in 6,017 posts

I normally have open Lightroom, Photoshop and Bridge but I process large images. On the surface you could watch it flatline in the task manager, so they gave me the highest spec Surface but still the same result. IT Guys said yup we'll build you a PC with similar if not better spec to your iMac and with a high spec graphics card. It certainly knocks the shit out of those surface things but i can still slow it down and export large image files in small batches. On my iMac I'd just export as one batch no problem. My iMac and m MacBook just work every time all the time, where as my new PC will crash and over time the boot up time is typically getting longer. I slag windows PCs because of my experience with them. I praise apple stuff because of my experience with them.

10. The following user liked this post made by Taipan:

Liked 3,752 in 1,922 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    I normally have open Lightroom, Photoshop and Bridge but I process large images. On the surface you could watch it flatline in the task manager, so they gave me the highest spec Surface but still the same result. IT Guys said yup we'll build you a PC with similar if not better spec to your iMac and with a high spec graphics card. It certainly knocks the shit out of those surface things but i can still slow it down and export large image files in small batches. On my iMac I'd just export as one batch no problem. My iMac and m MacBook just work every time all the time, where as my new PC will crash and over time the boot up time is typically getting longer. I slag windows PCs because of my experience with them. I praise apple stuff because of my experience with them.

I don't slag Windows as such, I just really don't like it!!! Whereas the problems I've had with Apple are usually user error, easily fixed and very few!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KorkyKat View Post
    Keep up the good work. We'll soon have you on Linux and then you really will be Queen of TRC.

xxx

Then, what do you mean 'then' - surely once Bananaman left it was a sure thing?? I'm hurt!!

LOL I did have Linux once. Was ok. But if it did need anything, I didn't know how to fix it!! My earlier statement that problems are easy to fix - they are, not by me though!! I have to get help!!

Apple is great for idiots!! Not bad for others too, but for me, it does what I want it to do out of the box

Windows sux. Linux seemed ok, but I'm happy with Apple.

Oh, I'm on a 5 year old Apple laptop that only recently started to have issues that were mostly solved with help from here. If I sort myself out and go back to the help thread, it'll be just fine! I've never had anything Windows that lasted that long and worked that well!!

Quote Originally Posted by KorkyKat View Post
    BM - once a Queen, always a Queen. Noggin, Princess forever!

Couldn't agree more about Apple. What I like is the ease of transferring files trouble free between iPhone, iPad and Linux using Virtual Box and old iTunes software. I've been using FM Pro since day one (many years ago) for keeping a database of all my books and films. It's good to know I have a triple back up.

Yes, Linux can be a total pain when it goes wrong. That said, there are some good Linux Forums with really helpful people. I learned the hard way - not to download unknown stuff and to keep a back up.

xxx

My favourite T-shirt says - "Forget glass slippers, this Princess wears bike boots" - there are a couple of people from a Euro TD I did that still call me princess LOL so I'm ok with that!

If this ever goes wrong properly I might look at Linux, but for now I'm happy with Apple (and being a Princess!)

Liked 1,345 in 871 posts
    Blog Entries

As sorted now, involved talking to (ex) work who were happy to take off the nanny ware. A learning curve for them as well as they didn't know how too!

After a couple of restores it all works ...,

15. The following 3 users liked this useful post by the phantom pieman:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission