TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bike stolen

Liked 1,058 in 583 posts

Default Re: Bike stolen

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    Sorry to hear this maccecht, I wonder how they manage to make so little noise using a cordless grinder.
    Think they used a Recipe saw wrapped in rags lot less noisy. Could see the filings on the floor from the cutting

Liked 1,058 in 583 posts

Quote Originally Posted by RiceBurner View Post
    Sorry to hear it Mac.

I hope you get a good payout and get some sort of compensation for the tools as well. Fingers crossed for you.
    Insurance on the tools has paid out 40 quid lees than I paid for them originally so bearable. Contents didn't cover my sat nav that was in the bike or the Innovv camera that was hardwired to the bike. Will see if the bike insurance covers it should hear next week.
    Thank you for your best wishes all

3. The following 6 users liked this useful post by maccecht:

Liked 4,424 in 2,211 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Car View Post
    Sorry to hear about the bike.

In terms of insurance, play hard ball from the outset. Your bike was the best example of that model ever seen on a concourse, it had a full service history, low miles, was meticulously looked after etc. Start searching online for the same model, same age, similar mileage etc from dealers across the country.

When it comes to the initial offer (which will be low and probably based on private sales), reject it and submit your evidence of dealer examples and argue that you’d only ever buy from a dealer as you aren't in the trade*. In terms of the accessories, check you bike and household insurance policies for cover. IIRC household insurers are often sniffy about levels of insurance for sheds.

* many years ago, I had a total loss on a car, the insurer came up with a low ball offer, I countered with dealer adverts, they argued the point, I then asked them to underwrite a warranty (at their cost) on buying private versus a garage / my trade isn’t related to motors and I wouldn’t expect a lay person to be able to pick a suitable pension from an advert. I got top book.

HTH

That applied for my write off for the Multistrada too. Got offered a low figure and submitted 3 ads for bikes around the country of the same spec and produced full service history. After a frank discussion as i had a bike with almost 40000 miles and the comparable bikes were all 8-12,000 max i got what i considered was a fair price as it paid off what i owed and gave me a 10% deposit for a new one

5. The following user liked this post made by Bigyin:

Should Get Out More MyLittleStudPony's Avatar
    Liked 2,563 in 1,492 posts
    Blog Entries

That's really shit, I feel for you. It's not just the damage and loss, it's also the violation of your space IMO. Good luck with sorting out the aftermath.

Liked 3,816 in 1,976 posts

Quote Originally Posted by maccecht View Post
    Insurance on the tools has paid out 40 quid lees than I paid for them originally so bearable. Contents didn't cover my sat nav that was in the bike or the Innovv camera that was hardwired to the bike. Will see if the bike insurance covers it should hear next week.
    Thank you for your best wishes all
    Not *too* bad a result so far. Fingers crossed for the bike insurance coming good next week.

Question - would you buy the same bike again?

Liked 3,965 in 2,635 posts

To be fair, when i had a write-off, I braced myself for a fight with the insurance company, setting a value that I would be content with.

Which was what they offered.

Liked 1,058 in 583 posts

Quote Originally Posted by balbas View Post
    Not *too* bad a result so far. Fingers crossed for the bike insurance coming good next week.

Question - would you buy the same bike again?
    Should hear from insurance next week on an offer. They told me My file met the criteria yesterday whatever the hell that means
    Would I buy the same bike? In a weird way I think it would be a no as the joy of owning has now bern sullied. Looking at Tracer 900 and Tiger 800 be good to ride something with a few more horses gor a change. The versys 1000 is also attractive so if anyone owns any of these feel free yo post pros and cons.

Liked 8,440 in 4,761 posts

Should hear from insurance next week on an offer. They told me My file met the criteria yesterday whatever the hell that means
    Would I buy the same bike? In a weird way I think it would be a no as the joy of owning has now bern sullied. Looking at Tracer 900 and Tiger 800 be good to ride something with a few more horses gor a change. The versys 1000 is also attractive so if anyone owns any of these feel free yo post pros and cons.
    I had a Gen 1 Tiger 800XC, all the reviews raved about it, all the owners love them, everyone said the triple motor was the best of both worlds, the torque of a twin with the revs of an IL4.

It was ok, I just didn't love it. It did everything well, but nothing brilliantly. I found the engine too revvy for that type of bike too, always wanted a bit more low down. As a commuter alone it's probably brilliant.

Liked 1,286 in 611 posts
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear that.

My garage was broken into in January, an my Superduke, and the boy's (uninsured) Triumph 675 were nicked. It's an absolutely horrible feeling, so Ii hope you get it all sorted.

Really Bored
    Liked 429 in 224 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Maybe there aren't enough customers for flytipping services, or something.
    Sadly not the case from our point of view, most of the occupiers on our estates are on skeleton staff and organised crime/travellers are making full use the freedom to fly tip.

Liked 1,058 in 583 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trogladyte View Post
    Sorry to hear that.

My garage was broken into in January, an my Superduke, and the boy's (uninsured) Triumph 675 were nicked. It's an absolutely horrible feeling, so Ii hope you get it all sorted.
    Thanks Trog I now know how you feel. Defiled embittered angry violent all rolled into one. Alas thieves do not have morals but I have possibly allegedly perhaps military training that may cause severe inconvenience to the next twat who approaches my workshop.i can guarantee it will possibly maybe involve A&E

Liked 3,965 in 2,635 posts

I have possibly allegedly perhaps military training that may cause severe inconvenience to the next twat who approaches my workshop.i can guarantee it will possibly maybe involve A&E
    A (now, sadly, deceased) neighbour was a self-confessed military historian (and ex-army too). At least, that was his excuse for coils of rusty barbed wire just inside his fence.

Liked 6,826 in 4,249 posts
    Blog Entries

Insurance on the tools has paid out 40 quid lees than I paid for them originally so bearable.
    That was bloody quick

16. The following user liked this post made by Yorick:

Should Get Out More Savio Du Funk's Avatar
    Liked 4,230 in 1,496 posts
    Blog Entries

This sucks mate and I'm really sorry to hear it.

You are more than welcome to borrow the Buell. And leave the garage unlocked.

18. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Savio Du Funk:

Liked 1,058 in 583 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Savio Du Funk View Post
    This sucks mate and I'm really sorry to hear it.

You are more than welcome to borrow the Buell. And leave the garage unlocked.
    🤣🤣🤣👍

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission