TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Is this bike worth it?

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Is this bike worth it?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Hello, new to the forum so I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong place. Im looking to buy my first motorcycle and have a coworker selling a ninja 250 for $700. I just wanted to see if the bike was worth purchasing. It has around 15k miles and is a 2000ish model. He has not had it tagged in years but it does run. He said it would need 2 tires to pass inspection and has been dropped so both the side signals are broke off. Is this bike worth $700? Thanks in advance!

Should Get Out More MyLittleStudPony's Avatar
    Liked 2,552 in 1,487 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Is this bike worth it?

Has one on't cross beams gone owt askew on't treadle?

Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Liked 3,324 in 2,256 posts

Quote Originally Posted by L8N View Post
    Hello, new to the forum so I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong place. Im looking to buy my first motorcycle and have a coworker selling a ninja 250 for $700. I just wanted to see if the bike was worth purchasing. It has around 15k miles and is a 2000ish model. He has not had it tagged in years but it does run. He said it would need 2 tires to pass inspection and has been dropped so both the side signals are broke off. Is this bike worth $700? Thanks in advance!
    Since you might be a real biker, or at least a potential biker, I will give you a sensible answer.

We have no idea, you are obviously in somewhere that uses $, most of us use £. Second hand bike prices in the USA are something that most of us don't have a clue about, w do have a few meembers in the US but even then, it is a big place, and prices will vary depending on whereabouts. I would be wary, second hand bikes that have been stood for years can have a host of expensive problems. Get him to get it inspected/tested, then buy it if it passes.

And welcome BTW.

Liked 778 in 362 posts

Default Is this bike worth it?

Buy the bike by all means but for god sake donít touch the pineapple hedgehog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked 816 in 381 posts

bashed up sides aren't the worst news, as low speed offs `(or indeed faster ones are always possible when starting out). $700 for a useable runner doesnt sound a lot but then I LIVE IN YORKSHIRE, ABOUT 3-4 Thousand miles away from the nearest dollar bill. HTH welcome, you'll have to be quick round these parts its not going to last long...

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission