TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Liked 3,375 in 2,288 posts

Default Re: Black Lives Matter

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    They do have a cause. They're organising a riot in London, planned to be held next year, called Gammons matter.
    Could they not have local ones? I'd like to protest, but going all the way to London is a PITA and I can't be bothered.

2. The following user liked this post made by Cousin Jack:

Liked 4,435 in 2,217 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    Oh it would. It happened in London when another criminal was shot dead.........again, the colour of the person was the only focus from people who couldn't accept it wasn't just a killing of an innocent co-operating person.
    Its a bit different than a shooting of a known criminal ..... Floyd was killed by a Police Officer kneeling on his neck for a continued period of time. In no manual ever is restraint taught to kneel on someones neck. In no manual ever is it taught to ignore "I cant breathe" ..... It is taught, in this country anyway, restraint on the chest causes positional asphyxiation even on short periods of time especially with someone of a large build as increased body weight heightens the risk so be aware of that and constantly assess the person to make sure he or she CAN breathe

What that officer did was against ALL training but that opens another can of worms on small local US Police Departments as locally employed and elected officials even in large towns ........ His actions resulted in a wrongful death and he has been charged criminally for that death and will face the courts.

What chance do you reckon he will be acquitted ?

4. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Bigyin:

Liked 1,560 in 1,111 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigyin View Post
    Its a bit different than a shooting of a known criminal ..... Floyd was killed by a Police Officer kneeling on his neck for a continued period of time. In no manual ever is restraint taught to kneel on someones neck. In no manual ever is it taught to ignore "I cant breathe" ..... It is taught, in this country anyway, restraint on the chest causes positional asphyxiation even on short periods of time especially with someone of a large build as increased body weight heightens the risk so be aware of that and constantly assess the person to make sure he or she CAN breathe

What that officer did was against ALL training but that opens another can of worms on small local US Police Departments as locally employed and elected officials even in large towns ........ His actions resulted in a wrongful death and he has been charged criminally for that death and will face the courts.

What chance do you reckon he will be acquitted ?
    I understand that, as I said, it was wrong what the cop did, but Floyd was a known criminal, he wasn't an angel. In the past he was charged with armed robbery.

But this is where I don't get the 'black lives matter'. It's as if they think he was targeted and killed, then the whole thing left and everyone is on their merry way - that isn't the case. The cop has been arrested and charged, so before the rioting brigade can get on their smashing the streets up rampage, claiming that black people don't matter, something has already been done about it.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 65 in 34 posts

Quote Originally Posted by irie View Post
    Is it racist to say that All Lives Matter?

Just asking.
    Yes. You know it is, and you know why it is. That's why you said it.

7. The following 4 users liked this useful post by nick h.:

Should Get Out More Savio Du Funk's Avatar
    Liked 4,270 in 1,514 posts
    Blog Entries

Bored pensioner stirs pot by being a troll.

BTW Ant, no offence intended, but a useful barometer for sane is proving with increasing frequency to have a view that is the antithesis of yours.

P.s- where is black on black crime in your clumsily antagonistic chart?

All lives matter, yes, but you won't accept that until you see the lives of others matter and stop speaking from atop such lofty perches of privilege.

9. The following 4 users liked this useful post by Savio Du Funk:

Liked 1,491 in 862 posts

Have some numbers:
    In 2019 cops shot & killed 10 unarmed blacks & 19 whites (& yes, I know the % of the population aspect).
    For every unarmed black killed by cops, 700 others were killed by someone else, usually someone they knew.

Apparently they don't matter.

For whites, the number is about 320 to 1

11. The following user liked this post made by ZRX61:

Liked 351 in 238 posts
    Blog Entries

well at least we now know that in the modern religions plague carrier is only a venial sin and it's racism which is the mortal one

#nolivesmatter

despite not posting in this thread since 3/6, i predict that soon after i reply to this thread unk unk will return.
    Last edited by jane; 15-06-20 at 04:24.

Liked 3,876 in 2,003 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Savio Du Funk View Post
    You realise the chart is titled interracial​ violent crime 2018?

I suspect the motives behind the chart being created, and frankly I don't trust the data either. But it's not unreasonable to have a chart purporting to show interracial crime not showing intraracial crime.

Liked 2,030 in 1,232 posts

Grew up under apartheid. I am prone to unconcious bias and perhaps that could be labelled racist, although a lot of my friends and colleagues are not white. I am aware of my bias and background and how that can reshape my interpretation of what I view.

Context is what matters. 1 man kneeling on prone mans neck, three observing. Now upgraded to 2nd degree manslaughter/murder. Other are also being charged.

Peaceful protests great, rioting not. These are people jumping on a bandwagon for their own agenda of looting. Used to see the same 30 years ago in SA with peaceful marches being hijacked by looters etc... It is in all societies. I was very interested in Trudeau's response to what was taking place in USA. He simply said that Canadians were just as prone to racism and they had to face up to that as well and recognise that it was happening.

I see it in the Church, I see it in my work place and I see how we have to address these issues with sensitivity and also with dignity.

Should Get Out More Savio Du Funk's Avatar
    Liked 4,270 in 1,514 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by balbas View Post
    You realise the chart is titled interracial​ violent crime 2018?

I suspect the motives behind the chart being created, and frankly I don't trust the data either. But it's not unreasonable to have a chart purporting to show interracial crime not showing intraracial crime.
    Hands up: it was late and I didn't see the title of the chart. Apologies, Ant.

Had I spotted this,my previous comments would have stood but I might have suggested for perspectice it would have been useful to include additional data on BoB crime, and questioned the motives for posting a chart which was created using questionable motives.

Bored pensioner stirs pot by being a troll.

BTW Ant, no offence intended, but a useful barometer for sane is proving with increasing frequency to have a view that is the antithesis of yours.

All lives matter, yes, but you won't accept that until you see the lives of others matter and stop speaking from atop such lofty perches of privilege.
    No offence taken at all, it's not my chart. It's come from Americas crime stats.

It's not antagonistic or a form of antithesis, just because you don't like it.

Liked 3,876 in 2,003 posts

Had I spotted this,my previous comments would have stood but I might have suggested for perspectice it would have been useful to include additional data on BoB crime, and questioned the motives for posting a chart which was created using questionable motives.
    Hands up - I made the same mistake and was about to make the same comment when I realised.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 2,925 in 1,737 posts
    Blog Entries

The actual data are available in the table 14 of the full report found here.

The raw numbers are correct, but as you say it leaves out a lot of other info. Why would you omit stuff?

One thing I did note though, Asian Americans are really well behaved!

Liked 5,283 in 2,565 posts

I'd quite understand it if the boss just turned the site off if he saw this and a few other threads. Fuck me, this place has got old.

Quote Originally Posted by chillitt View Post
    I'd quite understand it if the boss just turned the site off if he saw this and a few other threads. Fuck me, this place has got old.
    In some other forums, they don't allow any political conversations at all.

Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission