TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arai RX-7 Corsair

Liked 92 in 26 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Arai RX-7 Corsair

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    I think I'm giving up on Arai for my next lid.
    My review above still stands, and it all boils down to the fact that it feels great knowing you've got an Arai on your head - for both shallow and safety reasons.
    But, and this also applies to my previous QF, I'm regularly having to suffer flies bouncing up and down inside the visor as I ride. They've obviously zoomed in through the vents and surived somehow, and it's a pain in the arse to get rid of them at speed.
    The final straw came yesterday when - and not for the first time, I might add - I could feel tickling right on the top of my baldy head. It wasn't appropriate to stop for quite some distance and when I did I found one of those big brown shit-flies crawling around inside the padding.
    This has happened before without my being able to find the culprit, and I've put it down to my imagination as a result, but this is enough to convince me it's not the first time that I've been unwillingly carrying a passenger.

Sorry Arai, unless you can convince me otherwise it's probably time to move on

Liked 2 in 2 posts

Default Re: Arai RX-7 Corsair

I used to have a similar problem with my AGV - I think they'd get sucked up through the bottom of the helmet. Then spend some time wandering around on the inside surface of my visor or landing on my nose. I had even had a wasp appear inside my visor twice! That was scary...
    It didn't seem to happen when I had a neck warmer blocking the entrance, which is what makes me think mine weren't getting in the vents. No such problem with the QF so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission