TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 156 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The interesting inane thread

Liked 5,891 in 3,445 posts
    Blog Entries

Default The interesting inane thread

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Use this thread to post your interesting thoughts, obervations and ruminations that might interest people but arent worth a thread of their own, with any luck the collection should make interesting reading

I'll start....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How the hell did moving house get so difficult? There must have been a time when if you wanted to sell your house you just put a sign up, someone saw it and just bought it from you.

And if you wanted to buy a house you just went for a wander around where you wanted to live, saw a house with a sign up, went up, knocked on the door, had a quick look around, shook hands on the deal and moved in a week later.

Now you have to jump through hoops. Is it just a scam to keep estate agents and solicitors in business? I've come to the conclusion that conveyoncing (sp?) is a peice of cake, eventually you will have a master of all the letters you need to write, its just a case of send them out in the right order. Where my solicitor went wrong was they sent 3 of these standard letters to me in the same envelope.

That little space to the left of my brain
    Liked 44 in 29 posts
    Blog Entries

The only trouble is, the first post is an interesting discussion in its own right. You need some of my observations on things like school runs, the fitness score of first year students, dodgy knees, pot holes and council bin lorries.

I do inane verrrry well

Liked 512 in 309 posts

I want my micro-rant back.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 1,587 in 1,018 posts
    Blog Entries

Why are Thurdays the quietest days of the week for commuting?

Liked
    4/1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bonners View Post
    The only trouble is, the first post is an interesting discussion in its own right. You need some of my observations on things like school runs, the fitness score of first year students, dodgy knees, pot holes and council bin lorries.

I do inane verrrry well
    I agree with Bonners.

Blog Entries

First post was a rumination.

the fitness score
    I worked with a guy by the name of jenkins in the far east, not the jenkins that posts on here.

As a general rule most asian women have stunning bodies so a simple scoring of 1-10 or 1-100 doesnt really give you a true picture so he invented what came to be known as the jenkins double scoring system, it had its own web page for a while.

Its consists of scoring a woman using 2 numbers, both 1-100, the first being the body and the second the face i.e.

80, 20 - Nice body, ugly face

20, 80 - Ugly body, great face

80,80 - Great body, great face.

I met a guy called jenkins the other day and related the above story about the jenkins I knew, you would not beleive how little interest he had in it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post

I want my micro-rant back.
    Sorry

Liked
    4/1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by go_slow View Post
    I met a guy called jenkins the other day and related the above story about the jenkins I knew, you would not beleive how little interest he had in it.
    I would, believe me.

Blog Entries

You need some of my observations on things like school runs, the fitness score of first year students, dodgy knees, pot holes and council bin lorries.
    Go for it.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 2,078 in 1,012 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by go_slow View Post
    How the hell did moving house get so difficult? There must have been a time when if you wanted to sell your house you just put a sign up, someone saw it and just bought it from you.

And if you wanted to buy a house you just went for a wander around where you wanted to live, saw a house with a sign up, went up, knocked on the door, had a quick look around, shook hands on the deal and moved in a week later.

Now you have to jump through hoops. Is it just a scam to keep estate agents and solicitors in business? I've come to the conclusion that conveyoncing (sp?) is a peice of cake, eventually you will have a master of all the letters you need to write, its just a case of send them out in the right order. Where my solicitor went wrong was they sent 3 of these standard letters to me in the same envelope.
    It's not the conveyancing that's the issue, it's a combination of two things:

a) The searches, surveys and BS that's essentially a due diligence piece of work the lender wants to cover his risk. And the buyer should really be interested as well although that's his choice

b) The fact that there's usually a chain involved somewhere cos you're buying a house off someone who needs the value of that house to finance his own purchase. Hence it's not really about one legal agreement, it's about 4 or 5 that have to be executed simultaneously because everyone's relying on their property asset to finance their own purchase

If you are a cash buyer and there's no chain involved, you can still rock up, agree a price and do the actual conveyancing in a short space of time. But how many house purchases does this apply to?

Liked 44 in 29 posts
    Blog Entries

I'll continue with the saga with the dog then. I think her stiches may hurt, she kept crying every time she lay down last night.

Oh yes, and she was dopey last night, at one stage stood there swaying and then just collapsed. Just manged to grab her before she ended up in a heap.

Liked 11 in 7 posts

Inanity, then.

You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.

Life is butter melon cauliflower.
    Last edited by littleredrooster; 25-01-08 at 11:03. Reason: sppeeling

Deleted On Request

spearmint tic tacs are too moreish, nearly finished the pack i bought this morning.

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Liked 44 in 29 posts
    Blog Entries

This shouldnt be on the second page already should it?

Anyway the pub, Friday lunchtime in the boozer, just how life should be. An hour spent discussing shite with yer mates over a chilled pint of Black Sheep, ahhh, happy days

Page 1 of 156 1231151101 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission