TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you enjoy "challenging" terrain?

Liked 2,533 in 1,224 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you enjoy "challenging" terrain?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    I'm enjoying slow difficult terrain.especially in the wet .its mostly slippy clay soil.but lots of tracks in the woods that you need to take care on.

At Work
    Liked 96 in 82 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_Boolean View Post
    I've come to the conclusion after 10 years of regular trail riding that I don't enjoy riding a trail bike in difficult conditions, I like riding fast easy sandy trails, with the odd slimy bit, I do not see the fun inriding a motorcycle through foot deep ruts of snotty mud, or trying to get up or down a steep, slippery chalk hill. I enjoy river crossings and riding in the snow but I can't see the point of getting soaked to skin and cold.

Maybe it's just me getting old but do people really enjoy a day of slogging through muddy ruts in the pissing rain?
    I think what challenging means will change as you get older; as a kid its all part of the fun and as you grow up you start to rate what is realistic and what is suicidal.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTack View Post
    I'm enjoying slow difficult terrain.especially in the wet .its mostly slippy clay soil.but lots of tracks in the woods that you need to take care on.
    I remember speaking to a chap 10+ years ago and he was working on an EU sponsored project in FYR, with KTM supplying the bikes, to get young lads into off road riding and competing on bikes rather than fighting over various religious/ethnic grievances. Sang the praises about uninterrupted stretches through woods/valleys/hills but was concerned about the unrecorded and indiscriminate laying of mines by all parties which would make it more challenging

A Bit Bored
    Liked 14 in 10 posts

I like the slow challenging stuff.

Liked 2,533 in 1,224 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dayglo jim View Post
    I think what challenging means will change as you get older; as a kid its all part of the fun and as you grow up you start to rate what is realistic and what is suicidal.

I remember speaking to a chap 10+ years ago and he was working on an EU sponsored project in FYR, with KTM supplying the bikes, to get young lads into off road riding and competing on bikes rather than fighting over various religious/ethnic grievances. Sang the praises about uninterrupted stretches through woods/valleys/hills but was concerned about the unrecorded and indiscriminate laying of mines by all parties which would make it more challenging
    No mines around our place ,nearest are about 50 miles away.off reading is pretty popular here

Not Much To Do
    Liked 103 in 54 posts

Heres my mate enjoying some challenging terrain at wern ddu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ety7FCAnB6k

and my go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpGRuH6vy1A

6. The following user liked this post made by NigelBates:

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

offcourse i do like challenging terrain .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission