TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl..supermoto... :-S

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Girl..supermoto... :-S

Well, im a girl, and i have always wanted to have a go at supermoto. I have got a DRZ400sm, but i was wondering if there is anybody out there that gives coaching, to help? Is there any clubs out there? What should i think about doing first?

Please help
    Charlotte

2. TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, please do not block our ads. Thank you.
    Should Get Out More TheEnglishman's Avatar
    Liked 612 in 378 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Girl..supermoto... :-S

Learning how to wheelie appears to be essential for any SM rider I know.

Weeksy will be along shortly to advise the best route.

Should Get Out More Veggie Dave's Avatar
    Liked 3 in 2 posts

What is it that you want to learn? Or are you interested in track days?

Oh, and hello.

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Well, i have always been interested in the sport. Suppose i would like to do some trackdays, but i think i would be a bit nervous about jumping out onto a track without any coaching. I was wondering if there are any supermoto schools out there, or any clubs that i could join, because at the moment i have only found superbike schools, which doesn't really interest me.

Should Get Out More Veggie Dave's Avatar
    Liked 3 in 2 posts

What you need is to go for a ride with other 'motard riders.

Sadly the 'motard scene on here is dead (I do miss the old days... ) but you should try SeventeenInches - Powered by vBulletin

Liked 70 in 49 posts

47 pages.

Is it restricted?

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Yes, well this is another thing. The DRZ400 is restricted, but i dont think i would be good enough to jump onto it on the track. I was thinking of buying a cheaper bike that wouldnt matter to me if i dropped it.
    Also the other proble that i have is that i am very short at 5'3''. So if i did want to use the DRZ i presume that i would have to go and try and get it lowered. Although i can only lower it probably 5mm on the front and i dont think i can get longer links on the back. So i might just have to get a smaller cc, and shorter bike?

Liked 2 in 2 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
    Yes, well this is another thing. The DRZ400 is restricted, but i dont think i would be good enough to jump onto it on the track. I was thinking of buying a cheaper bike that wouldnt matter to me if i dropped it.
    Also the other proble that i have is that i am very short at 5'3''. So if i did want to use the DRZ i presume that i would have to go and try and get it lowered. Although i can only lower it probably 5mm on the front and i dont think i can get longer links on the back. So i might just have to get a smaller cc, and shorter bike?
    Any engineering place will be able to make you longer links - my local bike shop has just dramatically lowered my TDR250 'moto for my missus to ride.

Are you anywhere near these people?

Dyno Torque, Unit 20 , Sapcote Business Park , Birmingham , West Midlands, B10 0HR (0121 772 2453)

Craig, the main bloke there, will either be able to help you out (he used to build some very sexy 'moto specials) or point you in the right direction.

Should Get Out More The Martian's Avatar
    Liked 2,391 in 1,451 posts
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Girl..supermoto... :-S

an ex member of this forum (female also) was an avid SM rider, and only 5ft short, sorry tall so there must be ways to adjust the bike to suit the more petite

Being a girl who is into bikes, I shouldnt wonder you will have plenty of helpful chaps willing to give you tips / information etc. although you cant rely on quality of course (of the advice and the helpful chaps )

You could ask Grib - she is a petite biker in your neck of the woods (midlands) her & CC (other half) know a thing or two about various bike types etc. and are pretty friendly. Look up grib and PM her, Im sure she wont mind

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nik S View Post
    Any engineering place will be able to make you longer links - my local bike shop has just dramatically lowered my TDR250 'moto for my missus to ride.

Are you anywhere near these people?

Dyno Torque, Unit 20 , Sapcote Business Park , Birmingham , West Midlands, B10 0HR (0121 772 2453)

Craig, the main bloke there, will either be able to help you out (he used to build some very sexy 'moto specials) or point you in the right direction.
    Yer, i live in coventry, so not far. Hopefully my student loan will cover any costs!
    Would it not be better for me to start on a 250 or 125cc?

Liked 2 in 2 posts

Yer, i live in coventry, so not far. Hopefully my student loan will cover any costs!
    Would it not be better for me to start on a 250 or 125cc?
    No, not really - you might as well learn to ride the bike you've got - then, when you unrestrict it, you'll at least be used to the bike.

Sorry, did I miss something? Have you already got the DRZ?

Liked 0 in 0 posts

No, not really - you might as well learn to ride the bike you've got - then, when you unrestrict it, you'll at least be used to the bike.

Sorry, did I miss something? Have you already got the DRZ?
    Yer, i bought it new in 2008. Just got round to putting some braided lines, renthal sprocket, and samco hoses on it.

Liked 2 in 2 posts

Yer, i bought it new in 2008. Just got round to putting some braided lines, renthal sprocket, and samco hoses on it.
    Put some crash mushroom on the axles and the footpegs n' stuff and you'll be well away.

Should Get Out More MyLittleStudPony's Avatar
    Liked 2,024 in 1,201 posts
    Blog Entries

Hello!

You wanna nice little car, you do.

Seriously though?
    Wheelies: lots of throttle.
    Sliding into corners: go down fast through the box and use the clutch to just keep the wheel turning rather than letting engine braking make it lock.
    Stoppies: loads of front brake.

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Put some crash mushroom on the axles and the footpegs n' stuff and you'll be well away.
    Anything else you think i should do:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum