TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1001 of 2196 FirstFirst ... 501901951991999100010011002100310111051110115012001 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,015 of 32936

Thread: What have you done today thread?

Liked 222 in 100 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What have you done today thread?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Car View Post
    Yesterday, the No1 daughter (by three minutes) collected her fresh out of the box, brand new car. Lucky sod! It is a lovely little Vauxhall Adam, she is over the moon with it and even thought he garage have been a little awkward at times, the hand over was seemless (saving a full tank of fuel - which is being rectified after the weekend) and I would be more than happy to use them in the future. I suspect there will be tears and tantrums from her sister as she can't afford one due to being a college and then heading to Uni - No I'm not sticking my hand in my pocket for rent and a car...

I sensibly accompanied said daughter on her journey home leaving my car at the garage to be collected later...

...this is when the fun started

gandy took me to the garage and parked right across the front of my car.

gandy: How do I get out of the car park?
    Me: Just back up so I can get out then you can follow me?
    gandy: eh?
    Me: <somewhat perplexed> just back up then I can get out and you can follow me
    gandy: I don't reverse anywhere!
    Me: You've only got to move back 6 foot then follow me, at which point I jump out and get into my car

gandy drives forward 6 foot

I pull up inches behind her and wait for her to pull out of my way...I wait...she waits...I wait...she moved forward 1ft...I pull up...she waits...eventually she pulls out of the way so I can get past her so she can follow me around the one way system to get out of the car park.

There was a frank exchange and scornful looks from gandy as I drove off

Apparently, asking someone to move back 6 foot is not a clear instruction

It bloody cost me dinner as well

Should Get Out More The Martian's Avatar
    Liked 3,924 in 2,262 posts
    Blog Entries

Women are quite lovely but don't ever forget or be fooled into thinking they have minds of their own, it always leads to drama

<runs>

Liked 222 in 100 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Martian View Post
    Women are quite lovely but don't ever forget or be fooled into thinking they have minds of their own, it always leads to drama

<runs>
    He really wasn't making any sense...I think I'm carlexic

4. The following user liked this post made by gandy:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,682 in 2,457 posts

Quote Originally Posted by gandy View Post
    He really wasn't making any sense...I think I'm carlexic
    Was it because he didn't use any commas?

Liked 5,124 in 2,478 posts

I've put some bigger wheels and some bracing on the bandsaw, gathered another pile of shite to go to the tip tomorrow, accidentally opened a cut on left index finger , twatted the end of right index finger and given up on the day in a fit of cold hands/arthritic hands/cackhanded hands and strop. Rock n roll...

Liked 11,292 in 5,897 posts

Had a row with the wife about me not paying her enough attention,so I walked out. As I was leaving she said whilst you're out, why dont you get your self some of those tablets that give you an erection! So I took her back some diet pills!

8. The following 6 users liked this useful post by Taipan:

Really Bored
    Liked 896 in 660 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Had a row with the wife about me not paying her enough attention,so I walked out. As I was leaving she said whilst you're out, why dont you get your self some of those tablets that give you an erection! So I took her back some diet pills!
    When do you get out of hospital?

10. The following 2 users liked this useful post by davidat19:

Should Get Out More Deer Stalker's Avatar
    Liked 630 in 450 posts

Gosh, a brave dude! Today I drove back from a weekend away in France (with da missus)

Liked 400 in 235 posts

You so did not.

13. The following user liked this post made by Skub:

Not Much To Do
    Liked 238 in 116 posts

Today I worked and earnt some money but tomorrow I drive home for a week of Devon, walks on the beach and sea views(from my living room). Opposite of London.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,682 in 2,457 posts

RIP pie tin

Liked 8,249 in 4,655 posts

Put a deposit on a Ducati race bike... collection next weekend!

17. The following 3 users liked this useful post by KungFooBob:

Liked 3,572 in 1,855 posts

I had my first tinkering session with my new (to me) landrover today. Manage to nip out of the house whilst the kids were having their post lunch nap to do a non essential job which should take about 30 minutes.

My wife came out to see 'how I was getting on' about 4 hours later and to announce that it was my turn to entertain the kids so that she could get on with one of her projects.

So 4 hours later most of my knuckles are skinned, I've got a grazed wrist and I still had to bodge the fekkin' thing back together so that I can use it during the week and then fix it properly next weekend.

I've waited years to have another landrover, and within days I remember what it was like the last time. Sodding things. I love it.

19. The following 2 users liked this useful post by balbas:

Liked 1,818 in 1,072 posts
    Blog Entries

Has been a funny old weekend...

No1 daughter has moved in on a permanent basis after a major falling out with her <insert your own adjectives> mother. Her mother is unrepentant and has basically said not to move back in. So instead of furtling and fettling in the garage, it has been a stressful time of sorting out a new wardrobe to make her feel "at home".

I'm revelling in the fact that the ex wife paid for the wardrobe but is oblivious to that as I've discounted from the maintenance which she no doubt expects me to maintain...

Thankfully, gandy has been the voice of reason throughout the entire process, I suspect she is rather enjoying the daughter being here

21. The following user liked this post made by Silly Car:

Liked 6,310 in 3,242 posts

Quote Originally Posted by balbas View Post
    I had my first tinkering session with my new (to me) landrover today. Manage to nip out of the house whilst the kids were having their post lunch nap to do a non essential job which should take about 30 minutes.

My wife came out to see 'how I was getting on' about 4 hours later and to announce that it was my turn to entertain the kids so that she could get on with one of her projects.

So 4 hours later most of my knuckles are skinned, I've got a grazed wrist and I still had to bodge the fekkin' thing back together so that I can use it during the week and then fix it properly next weekend.

I've waited years to have another landrover, and within days I remember what it was like the last time. Sodding things. I love it.

Pics?

Reminds me of the Christmas where my wife asked me to get something that will make her look beautiful.
    So I bought myself a bottle of whiskey.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission