TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1762 of 2137 FirstFirst ... 762126216621712175217601761176217631764177218121862 ... LastLast
Results 26,416 to 26,430 of 32044

Thread: What have you done today thread?

Liked 1,356 in 954 posts

Default Re: What have you done today thread?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFooBob View Post
    I only get 1 mpg more on my morning commute and I've got half the capacity!

You're not trying hard enough.
    Unless he's got the new one with the dinky engine.

Liked 4,194 in 2,058 posts
    Blog Entries

I fucked up two 14' long pieces of plywood. Plywood doesn not come in 14' lengths so I now have to cut 4 more pieces, scarph them, glue them together, mark out the panel shape and recut them. Then I have to chamfer the edges, the right way this time.

Rain is forecast for the next couple of days as well but I'll hopefully get a dry hour or so to cut the blanks. The weather is irrelevant to the rest of the work but I could do without it.

Liked 1,394 in 799 posts

Was informed today that the local airshow organizers need people to help out with pyro...

..I may channel my inner Carl....

4. The following user liked this post made by ZRX61:

Liked 6,143 in 3,177 posts

Quote Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
    Won a $1bn contract

Not just me personally, like....but been tracking this gig for 18 months. I was down as project director for it with my old mob, resigned and joined these guys. And we have beaten my old mob to the punch

There’s another one landing next week as well according to the tea leaves
    I did that, I was leading a mahoosive contract bid for a well known PLC and it was a given that we'd win it.
    Then I jumped ship and joined another big PLC and won it for that company instead - you should have seen their faces

The old mob did offer me a decent salary increase to stay, but I'd been asking for one for 6 months and they kept saying there wasn't the budget, then suddenly they found the budget when I decided to leave, but by then I'd had enough.
    And two years later they offered me 3x my old salary to come back but I'd taken the hump and said it would take more than that.
    That'll learn 'em.

Liked 2,756 in 1,492 posts
    Blog Entries

About to drive 1000 miles in a fully laden 1 series!!

7. The following user liked this post made by adamski:

Should Get Out More Deer Stalker's Avatar
    Liked 629 in 449 posts

Popped out this morning to get some shopping bits then fuel with the wife. The in-laws then pull into the same forecourt with a puncture so spent the next half hour changing over the tyre. Range Rover tyres are bloody heavy!

Liked 1,501 in 1,049 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reburner View Post
    Went to the Tate Britain for the first time for about 20 years. Primarily to see the works of Turner which were everything and more. However was captivated by the works of John Singer Sargent.
    It's a fantastic national resource and free to enter.
    Well worth a visit.
    our mam & I quite often go to London to see whatever is on that's supposed to be any good on the art circuit. Mother being an artiste, dahlink. We quite often take a quick sweep through the Tate after, esp if it's been a dissappointing exhib**. You know-get one's faith back kind of thing & a dose of awe.

** Not been up with mum for a while, but she says things are getting worse. There's a bit of a vogue for 'padding out' exhibs, with works by other artists which are meant to be complimentary, historical contexts, counter points etc. But most of them aren't relevant or performing that kind of role. It makes her quite angry really-she says it's almost getting to a level where the curator or organiser behind the exhib is the 'branding'.

Today I have mostly avoided trying to take apart a screen on a laptop to get at the seized hinge mechansim which has pulled the plastic clean out from the base of the laptop. It's my mate's. Instead I found an old coventional hard drive & have used that to install good old windows 7 onto my own. Good old windows 7. Never had it on mine-went stright into 10 on a SSD.

D/l drivers for it off the dell site ATM. Unlike 10 the updates etc don't pick up or give you MS ones.

Liked 322 in 237 posts

Did westhumble to merstham of the North downs way - Perfect weather for it.
    I'll be a little stiff tomorrow

Liked 1,394 in 799 posts

Woke up from a strange dream where my bike had been stolen. Bike was HD (strange in itself, can't stand them).. But the thief was unable to get away because I gave chase & caught the bloke..... & I was riding a Lambretta...

Should Get Out More
    Liked 2,032 in 989 posts
    Blog Entries

Just had to break it to my son that his best friend’s mum is about to die. Heartbreaking. Hence posting here

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,564 in 2,378 posts

Not an enviable task.

Liked 2,756 in 1,492 posts
    Blog Entries

Just had to break it to my son that his best friendís mum is about to die. Heartbreaking. Hence posting here
    that is not something that anyone would find easy, I am glad you are there to walk with them.

Liked 3,416 in 1,737 posts

Just had to break it to my son that his best friend’s mum is about to die. Heartbreaking. Hence posting here

Huge hugs to you and yours. Horrible to deal with as an adult, but to have to tell a child and try to help them through must be so hard. Love to you all and his best friend and family xxx

Liked 3,416 in 1,737 posts

This was actually Friday but we got back at 5am on Saturday morning and I started work at 7.40am!! Long day yesterday

The plan was barefoot in the snow and repeat on the beach. (Well, it turns out someone had planned for a full on swim 😱😱).

We didnít end up near enough to a beach so aimed for the quay, then they found out how cold the water was!!

So we just posed in warmer attire - no one expected it to feel colder in Marseille than in the mountains!! LOL

17. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Noggin:

Liked 1,356 in 954 posts

Possibly my least favourite pastime, car shopping. Now I'm back as a PAYE monkey I need to sell the company van and buy myself a car, it used to be simple but now I'm trying to work out what is better value- second hand or PCP. The difference is much closer than I expected and makes the peace of mind of a new car attractive. To make the argument closer low payments over the next 2-3 years are far more important than how much I'm left with at the end.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission