TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2023 of 2156 FirstFirst ... 1023152319231973201320212022202320242025203320732123 ... LastLast
Results 30,331 to 30,345 of 32339

Thread: What have you done today thread?

Liked 10,756 in 5,623 posts

Default Re: What have you done today thread?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
    That's awesome. Very much NOT an easy course or exam!! Good luck to him
    Thanks. He worked hard at it and had to do a number of 4 days away stints on the course, which only has a national pass rate of only 44%, so we were relieved when his pass came through. That said I wasn't surprised as he's a smart kid if the subject interests him.

Liked 4,256 in 2,091 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Thanks. He worked hard at it and had to do a number of 4 days away stints on the course, which only has a national pass rate of only 44%, so we were relieved when his pass came through. That said I wasn't surprised as he's a smart kid if the subject interests him.
    I taught CPC courses (Road Haualge National and International and Passenger National) for about 9 years and the pass rate you mention surprises me. I also sat on a couple of committees at the RSA (when they administered it) relating to the CPC and it was never intended to be that difficult - the syllabus is simply too broad to make it difficult.

But well done to your lad and I hope he does well in the profession, it needs good people.

3. The following user liked this post made by Yambo:

Quote Originally Posted by Yambo View Post
    I taught CPC courses (Road Haualge National and International and Passenger National) for about 9 years and the pass rate you mention surprises me. I also sat on a couple of committees at the RSA (when they administered it) relating to the CPC and it was never intended to be that difficult - the syllabus is simply too broad to make it difficult.

But well done to your lad and I hope he does well in the profession, it needs good people.
    Thanks, he is pretty committed to it and puts in long hours at times. Too long imo but then i'm a lazy bastard! . His course instructor told them of the national pass rate? There were two parts to the course and most of his class passed part 1 but only a few of them passed part 2. I think the course below is the course he did, run by OCR and regulated by OFQUAL, whomever they are?

https://www.ocr.org.uk/qualification...-3-2012-05669/

Blog Entries

Thanks, he is pretty committed to it and puts in long hours at times. Too long imo but then i'm a lazy bastard! . His course instructor told them of the national pass rate? There were two parts to the course and most of his class passed part 1 but only a few of them passed part 2. I think the course below is the course he did, run by OCR and regulated by OFQUAL, whomever they are?

I stopped doing the courses in 2000. Looking at your link a lot has changed and for the better it seems. I'll have a better look later as I'm just off to scrape more old paint off the boat but I did notice a link on the page that says 'Thinking of teaching this qualification?'

Errr, No.

6. The following user liked this post made by Yambo:

Liked 3,501 in 1,775 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yambo View Post

Its a long course with a LOT of information and generally taken by people who haven't been in education for a very long time, so it is quite a challenge. I don't think more than half of my group passed, and there were only 9 of us.

I did OCR too but passenger. A two week course plus 2 or 3 days revision course before the exams

I managed to fail the first/easy part - multiple choice - by one question. It was around the time my riding buddy died and I'd spent a lot of time on the phone to him the evening before and wasn't really in the right place to sort an exam out!

Weirdly, the big exam (part 2) that most people freak out about I thought was quite simple - follow the process you've been taught and you can do it (and we were allowed to take our notes/course folder in). Talking to the other guys, I think a lot of people over think that part of the exam and make it far more complicated than it really is

But over all, the course and exams are very tough - I was relieved to only have to retake the multiple choice part!

Seriously, proper well done to your lad as the guys that failed the course I was on had been working in the industry for a LONG time (most were older than me!! ) and struggled!

8. The following user liked this post made by Noggin:

Blog Entries

Its a long course with a LOT of information and generally taken by people who haven't been in education for a very long time, so it is quite a challenge.

Aye, well that was always a problem. I usually had to take time out to explain how to use a calculator and how to work out percentages!

I've just had a quick scan of the syllabus and that hasn't changed much at all. I used to do a two week condensed course but I had a pretty good idea about where people struggled so would concentrate a bit more on those areas. I had a better than 90% pass rate but did have the advantage of working on committees at the RSA so had a good idea what was expected (I was a regular on the CPC Moderating Committee for 6 or 7 years - the committee that puts the question paper together! )

10. The following user liked this post made by Yambo:

Its a long course with a LOT of information and generally taken by people who haven't been in education for a very long time, so it is quite a challenge. I don't think more than half of my group passed, and there were only 9 of us.

I did OCR too but passenger. A two week course plus 2 or 3 days revision course before the exams

I managed to fail the first/easy part - multiple choice - by one question. It was around the time my riding buddy died and I'd spent a lot of time on the phone to him the evening before and wasn't really in the right place to sort an exam out!

Weirdly, the big exam (part 2) that most people freak out about I thought was quite simple - follow the process you've been taught and you can do it (and we were allowed to take our notes/course folder in). Talking to the other guys, I think a lot of people over think that part of the exam and make it far more complicated than it really is

But over all, the course and exams are very tough - I was relieved to only have to retake the multiple choice part!

Seriously, proper well done to your lad as the guys that failed the course I was on had been working in the industry for a LONG time (most were older than me!! ) and struggled!

Thanks. I'm pleased for him on two accounts. One that he actually knows what he wants to do for a living, where as I just drifted from industry to industry, and secondly that he knows how to get to where he wants to be in his chosen industry. I admire drive and commitment in anyone, but even more so when its a family member

12. The following user liked this post made by Taipan:

Liked 6,399 in 3,989 posts
    Blog Entries

Just done 3 hour Enduro ride. Quite tough. Up to 27c now and was roasting at the end. Just bought a new 2 litre camelback water thingy
    Drunk the whole lot

2 kilos on your back feels heavy at first.

The old 1 litre was OK in winter, but this one's more suitable now.

Might have a beer

Liked 2,535 in 1,226 posts
    Blog Entries

Test in rebro hospital in zagreb
    was worried and didn't sleep much last night
    mate drove marydoll and I in and just waited a while as we were early
    no food or drink since yesterday morning .
    did the test ,they put a small tube down youre nose then you drink a solution to help the tube down.mine was a struggle but I did warn them my bodies different .
    then rested a short while then swallowing a fair bit of solution and they get a video of the pictures.i wasn't watching as it was uncomfortable (compared to the loads of laparoscopies I've had it was a doddle) and tears were blinding me.
    but just have to await the results which they'll post to me .
    all in all a really good service .

15. The following 6 users liked this useful post by MrTack:

Quote Originally Posted by MrTack View Post
    Test in rebro hospital in zagreb
    was worried and didn't sleep much last night
    mate drove marydoll and I in and just waited a while as we were early
    no food or drink since yesterday morning .
    did the test ,they put a small tube down youre nose then you drink a solution to help the tube down.mine was a struggle but I did warn them my bodies different .
    then rested a short while then swallowing a fair bit of solution and they get a video of the pictures.i wasn't watching as it was uncomfortable (compared to the loads of laparoscopies I've had it was a doddle) and tears were blinding me.
    but just have to await the results which they'll post to me .
    all in all a really good service .
    I hope they get you sorted mate. Must be hell with it going on this long.

Liked 2,535 in 1,226 posts
    Blog Entries

I hope they get you sorted mate. Must be hell with it going on this long.
    A bit of a pisser I'll have to cut another notch in my belt tomorrow as a diet it's flipping awesome like a gastric band but I'm getting pissed off with it now .

Liked 1,917 in 1,166 posts

Drove my children to school to spare them from the walk/bus rides. Lit a candle in memory of my mum whose birthday would have been today.

19. The following user liked this post made by Makman:

Liked 3,501 in 1,775 posts

I went to the local language school this morning. I've been trying to get on one of their courses for three years now but they always cancel or change the dates to times I can't do. It had been looking like the course I want to do this time would be cancelled/changed yet again. But, I had another language test this morning and I should go up to the next level - that course is confirmed!!! Woohooo

AND I get funding through the government so I don't have to pay for it (I've already paid in taxes basically!! LOL)

So, some private lessons the week of the 20th to make sure I am going to keep up in the higher group and then from 4th June, lessons 3 days a week for three weeks

Might just about give me the confidence to actually 'chat' to French people and make friends

21. The following user liked this post made by Noggin:

Liked 2,659 in 1,735 posts

Tres bien.

23. The following user liked this post made by slowsider:

Liked 1,243 in 526 posts
    Blog Entries

Been to Sheffield hospital special neurology unit for my latest check-up and have been discharged because my left leg is now functioning so much better.The doc even said that he wished all f his patients could walk as well as me and at that speed. He was very impressed that I have returned to competitive cycling, and I count as one of his department's successes. No more trips hopefully. To the hospital that is, or any other sort of trip as well!!

25. The following 7 users liked this useful post by hawker:

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission