TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2156 of 2175 FirstFirst ... 11561656205621062146215421552156215721582166 ... LastLast
Results 32,326 to 32,340 of 32615

Thread: What have you done today thread?

  1. #32326
    Annoying The Idiots Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    40,848
    Like
    6,854
    Liked 6,509 in 4,059 posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: What have you done today thread?


    TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    This morning I wanted to kiss my pal.
    We met in town to ride down to the ferry at 7:45.

    One pal was being nosey and noticed a brake caliper bolt was hanging out. Shit.
    I'm anal with brakes and always tighten 3 times.

    Then on the ferry we were invited to play free bingo and Lee won.

    Rock n roll.

    Then at the lovely hotel, we saw it was €20 for huge buffet. Free beer. And brekky.

    Buurp. Hic

  2. #32327
    Should Get Out More KungFooBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The Forest Moon of Endor
    Posts
    17,676
    Like
    425
    Liked 7,968 in 4,532 posts

    Default Re: What have you done today thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    This morning I wanted to kiss my pal.
    We met in town to ride down to the ferry at 7:45.

    One pal was being nosey and noticed a brake caliper bolt was hanging out. Shit.
    I'm anal with brakes and always tighten 3 times.

    Then on the ferry we were invited to play free bingo and Lee won.

    Rock n roll.

    Then at the lovely hotel, we saw it was €20 for huge buffet. Free beer. And brekky.

    Buurp. Hic
    Homo!

  3. #32328
    Should Get Out More Yambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Looking at the Med . . .
    Posts
    16,911
    Like
    1,271
    Liked 4,275 in 2,102 posts
    Blog Entries
    23

    Default Re: What have you done today thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by asmethurst View Post
    I've been informed that the 20 mph speed cameras in Hackney have been turned on .....errrmmm ....
    When I was working in this field, 20 mph zones had to be self enforcing; i.e. no cameras.

    I'd be surprised if that has changed.

  4. #32329
    At Work asmethurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Krayville
    Posts
    1,619
    Like
    1,191
    Liked 337 in 251 posts

    Default Re: What have you done today thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yambo View Post
    When I was working in this field, 20 mph zones had to be self enforcing; i.e. no cameras.

    I'd be surprised if that has changed.
    Unfortunately it has ... poor obs etc.

  5. #32330
    At Work asmethurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Krayville
    Posts
    1,619
    Like
    1,191
    Liked 337 in 251 posts

    Default Re: What have you done today thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    This morning I wanted to kiss my pal.
    We met in town to ride down to the ferry at 7:45.

    One pal was being nosey and noticed a brake caliper bolt was hanging out. Shit.
    I'm anal with brakes and always tighten 3 times.

    Then on the ferry we were invited to play free bingo and Lee won.

    Rock n roll.

    Then at the lovely hotel, we saw it was €20 for huge buffet. Free beer. And brekky.

    Buurp. Hic
    how long does the ferry take ?

  6. #32331
    Annoying The Idiots Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    40,848
    Like
    6,854
    Liked 6,509 in 4,059 posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: What have you done today thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by asmethurst View Post
    how long does the ferry take ?
    30 mins to Fuertaventura. 70 mile ride.
    Then 3 hours to Gran Canaria. There is a direct ferry, but it was full.

  7. The following user liked this post made by Yorick:


  8. #32332
    Should Get Out More icarus1859's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Not at home
    Posts
    26,788
    Like
    2,634
    Liked 6,169 in 3,187 posts

    Default Re: What have you done today thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    This morning I wanted to kiss my pal.

    Should be in the bumming forum

  9. The following 2 users liked this useful post by icarus1859:


  10. #32333
    Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    28,623
    Like
    2,828
    Liked 2,853 in 1,258 posts

    Default Re: What have you done today thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    Should be in the bumming forum
    Alright geezer! Hope you're well and life's treating you good.

  11. #32334
    Should Get Out More icarus1859's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Not at home
    Posts
    26,788
    Like
    2,634
    Liked 6,169 in 3,187 posts

    Default Re: What have you done today thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Badger View Post
    Alright geezer! Hope you're well and life's treating you good.
    Yep blinding, never happier.
    Got half an hour to kill so looked in.

    Your chilli sauce looks good (that's not a euphemism).

  12. The following 2 users liked this useful post by icarus1859:


  13. #32335
    Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    28,623
    Like
    2,828
    Liked 2,853 in 1,258 posts

    Default Re: What have you done today thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus1859 View Post
    Yep blinding, never happier.
    Got half an hour to kill so looked in.

    Your chilli sauce looks good (that's not a euphemism).
    If you're in the UK at the mo I'll post you a bottle.

  14. The following user liked this post made by Derek Badger:


  15. #32336
    Should Get Out More Ant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sausagechester
    Posts
    18,746
    Like
    195
    Liked 1,476 in 1,044 posts

    Default Re: What have you done today thread?

    First BBQ of the year

  16. #32337
    Should Get Out More KungFooBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The Forest Moon of Endor
    Posts
    17,676
    Like
    425
    Liked 7,968 in 4,532 posts

    Default Re: What have you done today thread?

    Watched my oldest cat have some kind of seizure.

    She was stood on the worktop in the kitchen watching me stirring a cup of coffee when it looked like she'd seen something out of the corner of her eye, like a fly or something, then she started chasing her tail, spun round half a dozen times and fell off the counter. She kind of wobbled in to the living room drooling then lost all control of her legs, I grabbed her and she was legs and claws all over the shop panting... lasted a good minute, she then calmed down and now seems back to her normal self.

    Done a bit of research and there is evidence of certain sounds causing seizures in cats, I suspect it was the sound of the spoon scraping the bottom of the cup. I was giving it a REALLY good stir because it was on of those instant cappuccino things.

    Very very scary at the time, I'm going to start using the plastic spoons out of the motorhome.

  17. #32338
    Should Get Out More 1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    JockLand
    Posts
    27,063
    Like
    897
    Liked 2,913 in 2,087 posts

    Default Re: What have you done today thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by KungFooBob View Post
    Watched my oldest cat have some kind of seizure.

    She was stood on the worktop in the kitchen watching me stirring a cup of coffee when it looked like she'd seen something out of the corner of her eye, like a fly or something, then she started chasing her tail, spun round half a dozen times and fell off the counter. She kind of wobbled in to the living room drooling then lost all control of her legs, I grabbed her and she was legs and claws all over the shop panting... lasted a good minute, she then calmed down and now seems back to her normal self.

    Done a bit of research and there is evidence of certain sounds causing seizures in cats, I suspect it was the sound of the spoon scraping the bottom of the cup. I was giving it a REALLY good stir because it was on of those instant cappuccino things.

    Very very scary at the time, I'm going to start using the plastic spoons out of the motorhome.
    Sounds like epileptic fit. We had one that had them now and they. All you could do was wrap them in towel and hold them tight till it passes But obviously speak to a vet before taking advice from some bloke on the internet

  18. The following user liked this post made by 1888:


  19. #32339
    Should Get Out More Noggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    French Alps, La Plagne Dahrlink!
    Posts
    11,502
    Like
    16,768
    Liked 3,548 in 1,801 posts

    Default Re: What have you done today thread?

    Drove to Geneva and back. For a quiet weekend there was a ridiculous amount of traffic coming back to resort

  20. #32340
    Should Get Out More slowsider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    RoI
    Posts
    10,218
    Like
    442
    Liked 2,701 in 1,770 posts

    Default Re: What have you done today thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
    Drove to Geneva and back. For a quiet weekend there was a ridiculous amount of traffic coming back to resort
    Including yourself

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission