TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2083 of 2256 FirstFirst ... 1083158319832033207320812082208320842085209321332183 ... LastLast
Results 31,231 to 31,245 of 33833

Thread: What have you done today thread?

Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Liked 2,909 in 1,284 posts

Default Re: What have you done today thread?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by nidge View Post
    Are you sure she doesn't have a child called Clint?

Lolz. But yea, she might I guess!

Liked 11,555 in 6,014 posts

Went to the Spire Hartswood hospital for a review on my knee replacement op. Consultant was very impressed and pleased with me. I have full range of movement and the x-ray showed the joint is solid and there has been no infection etc. So he discharging me back to my GP whatever that means.

3. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Taipan:

Liked 3,749 in 1,920 posts

Went to Grenoble for my CT scan with dye and the cortisone injection

Got taken into a room and given an xray, totally wasn't expecting an xray!!

Confused me a lot

Then sent for a CT Scan, more confusion!!

Then back to the Xray where I had an injection of anaesthetic (bloody hell that hurt!!), followed by what I thought was cortisone (luckily that didn't hurt, the anaesthetic worked!! But it did feel very very uncomfortable as the liquid tried to find space!!)

Off to the CT room again where I was expecting an injection of dye followed by the CT

Nope, just the CT

So I asked about the dye, he said that's what was injected just before

So then I asked about the cortisone injection. Much confusion, so he shows me into a consulting room to await someone else

The radiologist from the xray room comes in and explains that they won't do an injection of cortisone into the joint with a prosthetic without a script

But I have one, I say!!

Luckily I take ALL the paperwork to all appointments. So I show it to him. Oh, he says, that wasn't in my information. SO I check that the drug he needed to inject was in the bag I got from the pharmacie and it is

Soooo, after a bit of a wait, back to the xray room and Another injection but this time the cortisone (I've spent over 6 months winding myself up to actually have the cortisone injection, so wasn't leaving without it!!). Luckily, the anaesthesia from before was still good, so it didn't hurt. Wasn't great, but no pain. And probably the lack of great was more to do with my fears than what was actually happening!!

Then the long drive home. Luckily the anaesthesia held up so I was ok to drive up the mountain

Now crashed out at home with pizza on one side and genepi on the other - day of doing very little tomorrow then back to cat sitting and French classes on Thursday

5. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Noggin:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 4,676 in 2,703 posts
    Blog Entries

Had a day trip to Mull. V nice it was.

Liked 1,468 in 848 posts

Saw the ortho knee bloke yesterday. Starts off with a row of 6 rubber knees mounted on aboard. #1 is a good knee, next 5 are ever increasing levels of damage. He shows me #1, then goes straight to #6 & tells me " Yours is worse than this one"

He has 5 options, #5 being full replacement, tells me not worth pissing about with the others.

ok, lets do it. Saw the surgery scheduler gal etc, now Just wait for insurance to say "bog off, drop dead"

Saw mr Dr later about the new lump. I get "that's your sternum"... Yeah I know that, this lump wasn't there 4 days ago. Fucker actually starts looking shit up on Google. Finally says "try some vapor rub on it" WTF??

Then she tries to talk me into cortisone shots in my knee. I point out the part where it says "allergic to cortisone" right in front her fucking face on my med records. She better not try to put the kybosh on this knee replacement.

Then we talk pain meds. She wants to give me Tylenol 3's. They have 5mg of codeine in them. I have straight codeine 30mgs & the script for those was up to 8 a day... So to get the same level of medication from what she wants to give me would be FORTY EIGHT fucking Tylenol 3's a day. Luckily I rarely ever took more than 2 a day as 3 would knock me on my ass... but that's still 12 goddamn Tylenols... which given the side effects would have me shitting out the liver & kidneys within a couple of days.
    Told her I absolutely did NOT want anything to do with Tylenol at all. She still called the prescription into the pharmacy.
    Dumb fucking bitch. I originally had hope for this Dr.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,731 in 2,485 posts

Sounds like time for a new quack.

Liked 816 in 381 posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidat19 View Post
    Bet that buggered the replay of the youfull sex from 30 years ago....
    there was no buggery I tell you, now or then! but yes

Liked 6,817 in 4,244 posts
    Blog Entries

Spent most of day painting. Then half hour in shower getting the paint off my legs

Today I went to French class again. Been a bit stressed for a while with the business issues I'm trying to sort. The head injury is still causing me problems to understand French. And I was pretty destroyed emotionally over the weekend (my friend in Bristol and Mr Tack going). But, hey, class is a group of friendly people so I'll be fine!

Nope. Very peculiar. Was struggling more and more to understand the teacher (more than normal) and just ended up in tears!!! Left class for a bit and then went back and kept a grip on things until the end of the morning. But, very odd! And a bit annoying

Hopefully Monday will be easier!

Then I met a guy who runs the big transfer company in the valley and also does some DJing - booked him for my party at the beginning of December. As soon as I've confirmed the venue, I'll be able to ask if anyone wants to come party on a mountain (no skiing as its the week before the lifts open!!)

Now I'm back cat-sitting for some friends for the weekend

With a bit of luck the registration document for the Suzuki will be in my name next week so I can get the final bits on it and ride it to school late next week. That'll be head clearingly amazing!!

12. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Noggin:

Should Get Out More

Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
    Today I went to French class again. Been a bit stressed for a while with the business issues I'm trying to sort. The head injury is still causing me problems to understand French. And I was pretty destroyed emotionally over the weekend (my friend in Bristol and Mr Tack going). But, hey, class is a group of friendly people so I'll be fine!

Nope. Very peculiar. Was struggling more and more to understand the teacher (more than normal) and just ended up in tears!!! Left class for a bit and then went back and kept a grip on things until the end of the morning. But, very odd! And a bit annoying
    Not odd at all. The bits in bold are probably linked.

14. The following user liked this post made by Bwana:

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Not odd at all. The bits in bold are probably linked.
    I kinda know that on reflection. But totally hadn't expected it! I'm stressed out to the eyeballs about financial and business stuff and it all adds up in the end. Not ideal in class tho!!

16. The following user liked this post made by Noggin:

Liked 6,817 in 4,244 posts
    Blog Entries

I kinda know that on reflection. But totally hadn't expected it! I'm stressed out to the eyeballs about financial and business stuff and it all adds up in the end. Not ideal in class tho!!
    Nope, must resist, must resist............

18. The following user liked this post made by Yorick:

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Nope, must resist, must resist............

No other fukker is worrying about it cos there's just me!! xx

20. The following user liked this post made by Noggin:

Should Get Out More

No, it isn't ideal in class, or anywhere else for that matter. The shit sneaks up on you though.

22. The following user liked this post made by Bwana:

Liked 11,555 in 6,014 posts

Be careful, that crap doesn't get a grip on you! Tis a ride you need to get off!

24. The following user liked this post made by Taipan:

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission