TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2087 of 2106 FirstFirst ... 10871587198720372077208520862087208820892097 ... LastLast
Results 31,291 to 31,305 of 31585

Thread: What have you done today thread?

Liked 3,312 in 1,675 posts

Default Re: What have you done today thread?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Woke up and stressed about going back to french lessons and whether my brain would cope

Enjoyed 3 hours of french lessons, brain coped!

Had some coffee whilst waiting for the pharmacie to open after lunch so I could get the drugs to take with me for my ct scan and injections tomorrow

came home for the first time in 5 days

made the bed (should have done it before I left, I know!!)

Then read the internet and cried lots, for the second time in 4 days

Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Liked 2,672 in 1,174 posts

Saw a Mum in the playground this morning with a tattoo on her calf that simply read c u n t. At first I thought nah, that can't be right but she turned around again, and there it was plain as day. Unbelievable.

3. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Derek Badger:

Liked 4,092 in 2,024 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Badger View Post
    Saw a Mum in the playground this morning with a tattoo on her calf that simply read c u n t. At first I thought nah, that can't be right but she turned around again, and there it was plain as day. Unbelievable.
    Would have been classier with an arrow . . .

5. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Yambo:

Liked 747 in 353 posts

Drove the Mrs Rdbrgee home from Sheildaig in NW scotland to stokesley in one go 400 miles or so we'd had a weekend at a hotel we'd been to 30 years ago and had a nice time there so re-booked this weekend gone, anyhow Mrs Rdbrgee and I had the shared fish platter and she obviously had the bad oyster two days of pretty well chucking up every twenty minutes ensue and I drove her home today hanging out of the window as required. stopped at the bridge of Orchy for a coffee but otherwise did it in one go. raising a glass the now as they say up there. The hotel for the scared of a fish supper was the TIGH an Eilean Wester Ross.

7. The following user liked this post made by rodbargee:

Really Bored
    Liked 786 in 573 posts

Quote Originally Posted by rodbargee View Post
    Drove the Mrs Rdbrgee home from Sheildaig in NW scotland to stokesley in one go 400 miles or so we'd had a weekend at a hotel we'd been to 30 years ago and had a nice time there so re-booked this weekend gone, anyhow Mrs Rdbrgee and I had the shared fish platter and she obviously had the bad oyster two days of pretty well chucking up every twenty minutes ensue and I drove her home today hanging out of the window as required. stopped at the bridge of Orchy for a coffee but otherwise did it in one go. raising a glass the now as they say up there. The hotel for the scared of a fish supper was the TIGH an Eilean Wester Ross.
    Bet that buggered the replay of the youfull sex from 30 years ago....

Liked 2,247 in 1,026 posts

Are you sure she doesn't have a child called Clint?

10. The following 5 users liked this useful post by nidge:

Liked 494 in 299 posts

Did you tell her it was in the wrong place.

12. The following user liked this post made by Gregor:

Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Liked 2,672 in 1,174 posts

Quote Originally Posted by nidge View Post
    Are you sure she doesn't have a child called Clint?

Lolz. But yea, she might I guess!

Liked 10,126 in 5,281 posts

Went to the Spire Hartswood hospital for a review on my knee replacement op. Consultant was very impressed and pleased with me. I have full range of movement and the x-ray showed the joint is solid and there has been no infection etc. So he discharging me back to my GP whatever that means.

15. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Taipan:

Liked 3,312 in 1,675 posts

Went to Grenoble for my CT scan with dye and the cortisone injection

Got taken into a room and given an xray, totally wasn't expecting an xray!!

Confused me a lot

Then sent for a CT Scan, more confusion!!

Then back to the Xray where I had an injection of anaesthetic (bloody hell that hurt!!), followed by what I thought was cortisone (luckily that didn't hurt, the anaesthetic worked!! But it did feel very very uncomfortable as the liquid tried to find space!!)

Off to the CT room again where I was expecting an injection of dye followed by the CT

Nope, just the CT

So I asked about the dye, he said that's what was injected just before

So then I asked about the cortisone injection. Much confusion, so he shows me into a consulting room to await someone else

The radiologist from the xray room comes in and explains that they won't do an injection of cortisone into the joint with a prosthetic without a script

But I have one, I say!!

Luckily I take ALL the paperwork to all appointments. So I show it to him. Oh, he says, that wasn't in my information. SO I check that the drug he needed to inject was in the bag I got from the pharmacie and it is

Soooo, after a bit of a wait, back to the xray room and Another injection but this time the cortisone (I've spent over 6 months winding myself up to actually have the cortisone injection, so wasn't leaving without it!!). Luckily, the anaesthesia from before was still good, so it didn't hurt. Wasn't great, but no pain. And probably the lack of great was more to do with my fears than what was actually happening!!

Then the long drive home. Luckily the anaesthesia held up so I was ok to drive up the mountain

Now crashed out at home with pizza on one side and genepi on the other - day of doing very little tomorrow then back to cat sitting and French classes on Thursday

17. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Noggin:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 4,183 in 2,400 posts
    Blog Entries

Had a day trip to Mull. V nice it was.

Liked 1,348 in 773 posts

Saw the ortho knee bloke yesterday. Starts off with a row of 6 rubber knees mounted on aboard. #1 is a good knee, next 5 are ever increasing levels of damage. He shows me #1, then goes straight to #6 & tells me " Yours is worse than this one"

He has 5 options, #5 being full replacement, tells me not worth pissing about with the others.

ok, lets do it. Saw the surgery scheduler gal etc, now Just wait for insurance to say "bog off, drop dead"

Saw mr Dr later about the new lump. I get "that's your sternum"... Yeah I know that, this lump wasn't there 4 days ago. Fucker actually starts looking shit up on Google. Finally says "try some vapor rub on it" WTF??

Then she tries to talk me into cortisone shots in my knee. I point out the part where it says "allergic to cortisone" right in front her fucking face on my med records. She better not try to put the kybosh on this knee replacement.

Then we talk pain meds. She wants to give me Tylenol 3's. They have 5mg of codeine in them. I have straight codeine 30mgs & the script for those was up to 8 a day... So to get the same level of medication from what she wants to give me would be FORTY EIGHT fucking Tylenol 3's a day. Luckily I rarely ever took more than 2 a day as 3 would knock me on my ass... but that's still 12 goddamn Tylenols... which given the side effects would have me shitting out the liver & kidneys within a couple of days.
    Told her I absolutely did NOT want anything to do with Tylenol at all. She still called the prescription into the pharmacy.
    Dumb fucking bitch. I originally had hope for this Dr.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,481 in 2,331 posts

Sounds like time for a new quack.

Liked 747 in 353 posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidat19 View Post
    Bet that buggered the replay of the youfull sex from 30 years ago....
    there was no buggery I tell you, now or then! but yes

Liked 6,077 in 3,814 posts
    Blog Entries

Spent most of day painting. Then half hour in shower getting the paint off my legs

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission