TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2133 of 2138 FirstFirst ... 1133163320332083212321312132213321342135 ... LastLast
Results 31,981 to 31,995 of 32056

Thread: What have you done today thread?

Liked 2,745 in 1,484 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What have you done today thread?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowth View Post
    Sad that you sound so "down"

I can only hope that you wake up feeling a little better tomorrow.

I'm never going to be able to ride a bike again (or probably drive for that matter) so I guess the bikes (and all biking stuff) will be for sale at some point. tbh I'm not really bothered - they're just "things".

My new "toy" is going to be the mobility scooter I'm getting tomorrow. Didn't you just get one? Can that be your new Toy?
    You are right, just things, but I have been programmed quite hard, all of my life, to always keep acquiring more of them...so letting them go, and not replacing them is quite alien to me.
    I have been a little down with brain and eyes, both of the things that scare me the most...I am sure I will bounce back!

I have my new electric scooter, a stand up one, and am enjoying being able to get to places without being in pain all day, and at 20mph, it’s fast enough to be a fairly epic fun.

Somehow it finally hit me this weekend that I really might not drive again, which is terrifying!

please post pic of the new chariot! I shall take some and maybe video too!

2. The following 2 users liked this useful post by adamski:

Liked 2,605 in 1,701 posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    Discovered there's a lot more to going to the hospital when you're expected to show up voluntarily instead of the usual method of being scraped off the road & loaded in a meat wagon for a trip there with musical accompaniment & light show. Actually had to go buy some jammies this morning & tomorrow I have to sort out an advanced directive in case I cark it on the table or the surgeon fucks up.
    Good luck with it.

4. The following user liked this post made by slowsider:

Liked 3,404 in 1,727 posts

My muppetry/FUFness goes on and fucking on!!!

Following months of stress followed by expected weeks of the same to sort out a purchase that might not be as good as I thought! I've also been quietly stressing about the scan today. That stress was under the radar as the other superceeded it!! LOL

Sooo this morning I got up at 4.30, drove down the mountain to a friend's place. She's borrowing my transit for a few days. Then she drove me to the station to get a train to Grenoble to go to the scan department. Only, after she'd driven away, I realise my phone is still in my transit (which was at her house as she didn't want to drive it in the dark for the first time!). Then I realised my Kindle is still at home

Soooo I am early in Grenoble (desperately didn't want to be late!!) and now have no phone or kindle till tomorrow night!! Thank fck I packed my laptop so I could do some work tonight!! And whilst I hate macdonalds, the bonus of the one at the Grenoble train station is they have a little coffee and cake place in it too - have had something a smidge nicer than I normally end up with in a McD's and have wifi to sort out getting my phone nearer home!! LOL

Probably shouldn't have read the paperwork again last night. Turns out the scan is to check for infection - I thought it was to check the bone could cope with the metal being hoiked out and replaced. So I'm a smidge wound up that there might be something more going on in there than I thought Hey ho!!

Off to buy snacks before I get the tram so I have something to eat for the many many hours I'll be sitting around in the hospital for the day LOL

6. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Noggin:

Liked 2,605 in 1,701 posts

Good luck with that too.

8. The following user liked this post made by slowsider:

Liked 3,404 in 1,727 posts

Quote Originally Posted by slowsider View Post
    Good luck with that too.

Thank you

Even more annoying - I hadn't worried about the place I've booked not having wifi because, TaDaaaa - I would have my phone with me!!!!!

Oh well, won't be working or chatting tonight!! Or listening to music!! LOL

Best see if I can get my ipad mini to download some kindle books before I go to the hospital!! LOL

On the M1 which doesn’t have a hard shoulder
    Liked 440 in 217 posts

First job today was paying the deposit on the house I’m moving to on Friday. Still renting as I’m still hunting a house in France, but the new place has central heating!!! It also doesn’t have thoughtless neighbours who consider its ok to slam doors at 0545, 3 times. It’s also in a small village so the I should feel at home since all the idiots were moved to the cities.
    Mick

11. The following 3 users liked this useful post by 636mick:

Liked 2,549 in 1,504 posts

Quote Originally Posted by adamski View Post

please post pic of the new chariot! I shall take some and maybe video too!
    I won't get it until Wednesday.

I am borrowing their demo model from this afternoon as we've planned another overnight getaway from tomorrow to make some more nice memories while we can.

Here's a link to the one I'm getting https://www.tgamobility.co.uk/range/scooters/zest-plus

Ignore the prices - they're high so the retailers can all "discount" them

13. The following user liked this post made by Slowth:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
    Thank you

Even more annoying - I hadn't worried about the place I've booked not having wifi because, TaDaaaa - I would have my phone with me!!!!!

Oh well, won't be working or chatting tonight!! Or listening to music!! LOL

Best see if I can get my ipad mini to download some kindle books before I go to the hospital!! LOL
    I did wonder, the white blood cell/nuke thing is for infection.
    best of luck! They couldn’t get enough white cells to do mine for some reason.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,562 in 2,376 posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    Discovered there's a lot more to going to the hospital when you're expected to show up voluntarily instead of the usual method of being scraped off the road & loaded in a meat wagon for a trip there with musical accompaniment & light show. Actually had to go buy some jammies this morning & tomorrow I have to sort out an advanced directive in case I cark it on the table or the surgeon fucks up.
    Oh the joy! Hospital stays are the soooo much fun. Good luck on the table. I'm still feeling the effects from having my gallbladder out. If I move "wrong" I get a nice stabbing pain right about at the waist line. Makes putting on shoes and socks rather interesting.

16. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Bwana:

Liked 10,474 in 5,471 posts

Jet washed my snotty decking! What a fecking boring job. Then I scrubbed it with a cleaning product and broom, which made a fecking boring job even more boring. Not sure it worked very well either.

Liked 6,278 in 3,935 posts
    Blog Entries

Took a pal off-roading in the mighty Dacia. Then had lunch here, over looking the harbour at Playa Blanca

Liked 2,857 in 2,045 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Jet washed my snotty decking! What a fecking boring job. Then I scrubbed it with a cleaning product and broom, which made a fecking boring job even more boring. Not sure it worked very well either.
    Never again. It was a long wet day

20. The following user liked this post made by 1888:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slowth View Post
    I won't get it until Wednesday.

I am borrowing their demo model from this afternoon as we've planned another overnight getaway from tomorrow to make some more nice memories while we can.

Here's a link to the one I'm getting https://www.tgamobility.co.uk/range/scooters/zest-plus

Ignore the prices - they're high so the retailers can all "discount" them
    It looks aces!

This is the one I am getting.4A4498BD-25D5-4A22-B692-0084C1E17FA7.jpeg

22. The following 3 users liked this useful post by adamski:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,562 in 2,376 posts

Quote Originally Posted by adamski View Post
    It looks aces!

This is the one I am getting.4A4498BD-25D5-4A22-B692-0084C1E17FA7.jpeg
    We'll be expecting some wheelie vids.

24. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Bwana:

Liked 1,381 in 790 posts

Thinking about losing my shit with the fucking incompetent *installers* that Lowes sends out to deliver & hook up new appliances.
    $2k in new LG washer & drier on Oct 3rd
    Next day there's a 6in puddle of water in front of the washer. Wipe it up, no more puddles until last Thursday.
    Another 6in puddle. Wipe it up, investigate source.
    Ham fisted moron installer had cross threaded the hot water hose onto the back of the machine. Hose fitting is steel, spigot it screws onto is plastic. Hadn't leaked since Oct 4th as we don't use hot water for laundry very often

Visit lowes, explain the issue & tell them the plastic spigot needs replacing.

Today they send out what is possibly the largest human I've ever seen. He shows up with a pair of slip joint pliers, spends all of 2 minutes here. First words out of his mouth are "Did I deliver this?". I say no, he replies "Oh good, because I take pride in my work & would never have cross threaded a fitting like that"
    Great. He declares the leak fixed & leaves.

I have to go run errands for about 3 hours & get home to a 4ft puddle of water in the laundry room.

Turn off hot water feed. Notice the fucking hose is STILL cross threaded. Call Lowes.

"Oh, it sounds like that part needs to be replaced"
    Yeah, Like I fucking told you while you were setting up the service call...

Now they say they're sending someone else out tomorrow.

Problem: I'm going under the knife, have to be at the hospital at 5.30am & might not be home for a day or three. Roomie is working until 4.30pm so whoever shows up better be at the door after 5pm..

and before ya ask: Have to allow these incompetent imbeciles to do the work so it doesn't invalidate the warranty... which wouldn't have been needed if they allowed me to install the fucking hoses in the first place.

My choices would be send out a brand specific factory repair dude, or bring a new fucking washer & take the one your guys fucked up twice away.

and breathe...

26. The following user liked this post made by ZRX61:

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission