TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2128 of 2259 FirstFirst ... 1128162820282078211821262127212821292130213821782228 ... LastLast
Results 31,906 to 31,920 of 33879

Thread: What have you done today thread?

Liked 2,783 in 1,504 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What have you done today thread?

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowth View Post
    I won't get it until Wednesday.

I am borrowing their demo model from this afternoon as we've planned another overnight getaway from tomorrow to make some more nice memories while we can.

Here's a link to the one I'm getting https://www.tgamobility.co.uk/range/scooters/zest-plus

Ignore the prices - they're high so the retailers can all "discount" them
    It looks aces!

This is the one I am getting.4A4498BD-25D5-4A22-B692-0084C1E17FA7.jpeg

2. The following 3 users liked this useful post by adamski:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,741 in 2,490 posts

Quote Originally Posted by adamski View Post
    It looks aces!

This is the one I am getting.4A4498BD-25D5-4A22-B692-0084C1E17FA7.jpeg
    We'll be expecting some wheelie vids.

4. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Bwana:

Liked 1,469 in 849 posts

Thinking about losing my shit with the fucking incompetent *installers* that Lowes sends out to deliver & hook up new appliances.
    $2k in new LG washer & drier on Oct 3rd
    Next day there's a 6in puddle of water in front of the washer. Wipe it up, no more puddles until last Thursday.
    Another 6in puddle. Wipe it up, investigate source.
    Ham fisted moron installer had cross threaded the hot water hose onto the back of the machine. Hose fitting is steel, spigot it screws onto is plastic. Hadn't leaked since Oct 4th as we don't use hot water for laundry very often

Visit lowes, explain the issue & tell them the plastic spigot needs replacing.

Today they send out what is possibly the largest human I've ever seen. He shows up with a pair of slip joint pliers, spends all of 2 minutes here. First words out of his mouth are "Did I deliver this?". I say no, he replies "Oh good, because I take pride in my work & would never have cross threaded a fitting like that"
    Great. He declares the leak fixed & leaves.

I have to go run errands for about 3 hours & get home to a 4ft puddle of water in the laundry room.

Turn off hot water feed. Notice the fucking hose is STILL cross threaded. Call Lowes.

"Oh, it sounds like that part needs to be replaced"
    Yeah, Like I fucking told you while you were setting up the service call...

Now they say they're sending someone else out tomorrow.

Problem: I'm going under the knife, have to be at the hospital at 5.30am & might not be home for a day or three. Roomie is working until 4.30pm so whoever shows up better be at the door after 5pm..

and before ya ask: Have to allow these incompetent imbeciles to do the work so it doesn't invalidate the warranty... which wouldn't have been needed if they allowed me to install the fucking hoses in the first place.

My choices would be send out a brand specific factory repair dude, or bring a new fucking washer & take the one your guys fucked up twice away.

and breathe...

6. The following user liked this post made by ZRX61:

Liked 138 in 112 posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    Thinking about losing my shit with the fucking incompetent *installers* that Lowes sends out to deliver & hook up new appliances.
    Next day there's a 6in puddle of water in front of the washer. Wipe it up, no more puddles until last Thursday.
    Ham fisted moron installer had cross threaded the hot water hose onto the back of the machine. Hose fitting is steel, spigot it screws onto is plastic. Hadn't leaked since Oct 4th as we don't use hot water for laundry very often

Today they send out what is possibly the largest human I've ever seen. He shows up with a pair of slip joint pliers, spends all of 2 minutes here. First words out of his mouth are "Did I deliver this?". I say no, he replies "Oh good, because I take pride in my work & would never have cross threaded a fitting like that"

I have to go run errands for about 3 hours & get home to a 4ft puddle of water in the laundry room.

Turn off hot water feed. Notice the fucking hose is STILL cross threaded. Call Lowes.

Problem: I'm going under the knife, have to be at the hospital at 5.30am & might not be home for a day or three. Roomie is working until 4.30pm so whoever shows up better be at the door after 5pm..

and before ya ask: Have to allow these incompetent imbeciles to do the work so it doesn't invalidate the warranty... which wouldn't have been needed if they allowed me to install the fucking hoses in the first place.

My choices would be send out a brand specific factory repair dude, or bring a new fucking washer & take the one your guys fucked up twice away.

and breathe...
    Glad to see tour relaxing before your surgery :P
    ps : good luck

8. The following user liked this post made by ogri:

Liked 138 in 112 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Oh the joy! Hospital stays are the soooo much fun. Good luck on the table. I'm still feeling the effects from having my gallbladder out. If I move "wrong" I get a nice stabbing pain right about at the waist line. Makes putting on shoes and socks rather interesting.
    Nice , the mrs is having hers done on the second of january :P

Liked 1,442 in 1,017 posts

[SNIP]

and breathe...
    You have to pay someone to fit it for the warranty to be valid? Sounds like a right con and I believe would be illegal in EU.

Liked 816 in 381 posts

Granddaughter no 2 arrived last night Florence rodbargee 6lbs 6oz at 2330 2/12/2019 all well. Cards behind the bar.

12. The following 9 users liked this useful post by rodbargee:

Liked 1,469 in 849 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mussels View Post
    You have to pay someone to fit it for the warranty to be valid? Sounds like a right con and I believe would be illegal in EU.

Delivery/installation & incompetent fuck ups were all free.

Liked 2,011 in 1,223 posts

Collected missed delivery from Post Office collection point. Took a packed train to work and managed to get the last seat, which was a relief as my back is currently playing "stabbing pains and agony games".

Found out that I am not out tonight as I thought, so early night and more reading to be done. Found that Veggie Pret does some ace Avocado, Tomato and Olive rolls. Very tasty. Pity you have to eat 4 of them to stop feeling hungry....

Should Get Out More

and breathe...
    Ah, the brain trust that is sLowes. You're lucky your house didn't burn down.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 4,682 in 2,707 posts
    Blog Entries

So they have a reputation? And yet people still use them. Are they very cheap AAMOI?

Liked 3,758 in 1,927 posts

Quote Originally Posted by adamski View Post
    I did wonder, the white blood cell/nuke thing is for infection.
    best of luck! They couldn’t get enough white cells to do mine for some reason.
    Yeah, I really shouldn't have read about it or should have read more!! Proper stressed me out especially as my French isn't up to a medical discussion/much information!!

I got there early and waited a bit for the vampire to take some blood. Did tell him it would be difficult but he seemed to find a vein easy enough. Downside was that only 1 and a tiny bit of a 2nd small phial got filled. He tried to get a bit more with a syringe but that didn't work

So he set about the other arm. Weirdly, both sides he found a vein on the side of my wrist - no one has taken it from there before!! But this second time he filled a phial then got out a hooooooge syringe and used that It said 1-6 on the side. Can't have been 600ml?? It was about an inch across and he filled it to the 6 line! Took flipping ages!!

Had to go wait for 2 hours, so went for some lunch. Back down to find him clad in protective apron thingy - and he put in just a small phial of blood! I did comment that he took loads and I only get a smidge back, and I thought his answer was something to do with white blood cells, so your comment Adamski makes more sense!! I was stressing as have really issues with having blood taken and needles!! LOL But really, it wasn't that bad I suppose

The worst thing was my winding myself up about what the scans would show!

So I had to wait another two hours to properly become readybrek glowing (I did try explaining that to the vampire, but I'm not sure he totally understood!! LOL )

The scan was just boring and actually quite painful. Well, the scan wasn't painful but the bit I had to lie on was designed for people with childlike shoulders. Even when I'm skinny I have broad shoulders. HTF do blokes cope on those things I couldn't lie in such a way to have my shoulder comfortable and the first scan was a full body one, so I was there for quite a while. Then a second just on my shoulder - 10 minutes apparently!!

Today I had to go back in and they did just the shoulder one first then another that had the machine slowly going around me, so probably 15 - 20 mins. AND two CT scans as well!! LOL

I was proper stressed through all this as thought that they feared infection due to the implant moving or stuff not fixing as it should have. BUT - no infection!! Phew!!

I'm nearly home now as got an earlier train, but now sitting waiting in a friend's office for her to finish work and get back to the office or one of the other girls to finish and give me a lift home! Will get my phone back at some point when Jen does actually finish and get back to resort!! LOL

Damn, I don't want to go through that again! LOL

18. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Noggin:

Should Get Out More

Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    So they have a reputation? And yet people still use them. Are they very cheap AAMOI?
    They offer delivery and disposal of the old appliances. If you're lacking the ability to DIY* it's nice. But you are at the mercy of whatever chimp they send out. You might get a competent installer or you might get some dickhead like the one that ZRX had the misfortune of meeting. How someone cross threads a hose fitting is beyond belief.

*which might be down to not having a truck or van to pick up a large appliance. Or you're fucked up and about to go under the knife like ZRX is. I almost found myself in that boat this weekend with a clothes dryer that has been playing up. The switches are all mounted on plastic tabs that break off if one doesn't handle them gently. This has resulted in the start knob getting tweaked about so it spins freely instead of remaining in place while you turn it the 1/8 turn required to start the dryer. It wouldn't start this weekend. So I went diving to find the manual. Flip through to the troubleshooting section to "dryer won't start." "Check breaker" if it's good, call for service.
    So I went online trying to find a wiring diagram and perhaps a bit of troubleshooting assistance. Fuckall was available. So I get out the multimeter and test the obvious shit, continuity at the start knob when it is thrown. Then faff about with the door switch. That included stabbing my finger with a flat blade screwdriver while attemping to pry it out to test. Continuity was a bit dodgy at first. A couple shots of contact cleaner and voila! Test starting and the dryer is now operational. Several zip ties later the start switch is now secured rather tenuously anAd the missus and my nephew (probably the hamfisted culprit) have been advised to turn the knob very gently or buy and install a new fucking dryer themselves (actually, if the plastic piece of shit that all the switches are mounted on is available, they could buy that). If my simple testing didn't work I'd need a wiring diagram to test the main control knob or I'd just be shooting in the dark. Or get a tech out to pay him to fuck about and sell me a new dryer. I'm on a 10lb weight lift restriction so I'd be fucked for trying to install it myself and would be in ZRX's shoes waiting for australopithicus to deliver, install, and destroy.

TL/DR, if you've got health issues or no truck you're fucked and have to rely on "them" to get the job done.

<edit> the down side of DIY is that you'd have to return the appliance yourself and I'm not certain they'll take it. At least not in the condition that my old washer is in right now. I vented my frustration using a tractor. I'm waiting for my receptionist's husband to do a bit of metal recycling. He collects shit like this and eventually turns it in for a bit of cash. The battered washer has been sitting out behind a shed for well over a year now. Waiting...

<edit 2> perhaps I should get a few pics and list it on eBay.

Liked 1,469 in 849 posts

Bionics installed. Into the hospital at 5.30am, home again just after 6pm.

Roomie got into an argument at the pharmacy when they wouldn't fill my script for Percocet & Celebrex "until I speak with the doctor tomorrow". She's a nurse & lit that fucker up. I missed it as I was outside in the car.

21. The following user liked this post made by ZRX61:

Liked 1,469 in 849 posts

Over-estimated my ability to get from the bedroom to the kitchen....

23. The following user liked this post made by ZRX61:

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission