TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Pay pal help

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Pay pal help

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Never had a problem before now....

Wifey bought 2 games for my kids , but they only sent one. OPened up a dispute via ebay after trying to get in touch but the seller has not got rid of his ebay account.

I paid via PP , can i get it back via them or have we got to wait the 45 days as per the ebay resolution thingy.

Can you not open 2 claims , one on each site ?

Should Get Out More Screwdriver's Avatar
    Liked 5,944 in 2,784 posts

Default Re: Pay pal help

PayPal buyer protection doesn't really exist. All they will do is lock the sellers account but if he's already buggered off with the money, you won't get anything back.

Liked 1,340 in 944 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Screwdriver View Post
    PayPal buyer protection doesn't really exist. All they will do is lock the sellers account but if he's already buggered off with the money, you won't get anything back.
    Not quite true anymore, I quizzed them on this when I won my last dispute and I was told I would get my money no matter what state the PayPal account was in.

Liked 1,340 in 944 posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2ptjoe View Post
    Never had a problem before now....

Wifey bought 2 games for my kids , but they only sent one. OPened up a dispute via ebay after trying to get in touch but the seller has not got rid of his ebay account.

I paid via PP , can i get it back via them or have we got to wait the 45 days as per the ebay resolution thingy.

Can you not open 2 claims , one on each site ?

PayPal and eBay are the same thing with the same dispute setup, IIRC you can't open another. You do need to chase it though, if you leave it then it will be marked resolved. Escalate it to another level so they tell you to send it back, use a courier with online tracking, let them have your details and they will refund the money.
    Summit like that anyway.

Liked 2,701 in 1,614 posts

On the other hand, of the 3 disputes I've had to raise over the years, I've always got my money back from the vendor w/o eBay/Paypal having to seize any of their funds or owt.

Liked 1,340 in 944 posts

Quote Originally Posted by DefTrap View Post
    On the other hand, of the 3 disputes I've had to raise over the years, I've always got my money back from the vendor w/o eBay/Paypal having to seize any of their funds or owt.
    I tried that once and the vendor said he would refund it, next thing I know it's gone over the time limit and there's nothing I could do about it. Now I always open a dispute first and talk to the vendor through that.
    I don't understand some vendors. I bought a bike work stand and one of the castings broke, all I needed was a replacement bit but the vendor would not respond to me at all even during the dispute process.

Should Get Out More Screwdriver's Avatar
    Liked 5,944 in 2,784 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mussels View Post
    I was told I would get my money no matter what state the PayPal account was in.
    I assume there was money in the account then?

Liked 1,340 in 944 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Screwdriver View Post
    I assume there was money in the account then?
    Dunno but when I asked they told me it wouldn't affect my refund if the vendor's account was empty.

Liked 0 in 0 posts

The sellar has knocked his account on the head.

Spoke to Ebay this afternoon and they say i'll get it from them , no the seller ?

Well see on that one .............. it's only 11 so i'll not lose too much sleep over it.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission