Page 901 of 1430 FirstFirst ... 40180185189189990090190290391195110011401 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,515 of 21438

Thread: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

  1. #13501
    Should Get Out More moth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hiding behind the sofa
    Posts
    31,578
    Like
    3,271
    Liked 3,196 in 1,937 posts
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rooty Tooty View Post
    Hey i got into someone else's dreams!

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk


  2. #13502
    Not Much To Do DSK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    910
    Like
    505
    Liked 170 in 118 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    People who park up and sit/sleep/read the paper/do whatever, with their diesel engine running. When one is walking, as you approach and pass said vehicles you get several lung fulls of dirty diesel exhaust fumes.

  3. The following user liked this post made by DSK:


  4. #13503
    Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    23,006
    Like
    1,530
    Liked 4,977 in 3,114 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rooty Tooty View Post
    Hey i got into someone else's dreams!

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    If'n you make a return it'd be super cool if you could stop pissing about so I can finish it, if I've told you once I've told you 1000 times the town will be outside if the blast radius I reckon, trust me.

  5. The following user liked this post made by mrlongbeard:


  6. #13504
    Should Get Out More redorzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Land of hard milk and roundabouts
    Posts
    7,927
    Like
    4,621
    Liked 1,041 in 697 posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by DSK View Post
    People who park up and sit/sleep/read the paper/do whatever, with their diesel engine running. When one is walking, as you approach and pass said vehicles you get several lung fulls of dirty diesel exhaust fumes.
    Yeah, that was me the other day. I was waiting for a mate to do some suspension work...it was pretty cold out, so...engine running

  7. #13505
    Not Much To Do Billie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    532
    Like
    48
    Liked 95 in 44 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    ...when people get back in their car in at the petrol pump and don't fekkin move for aaaages cos they're doing stuff with bits of paper or handbags

  8. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Billie:


  9. #13506
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Delmarva Peninsula
    Posts
    16,498
    Like
    3,467
    Liked 3,613 in 2,409 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    ...when people get back in their car in at the petrol pump and don't fekkin move for aaaages cos they're doing stuff with bits of paper or handbags
    There is a petrol station I use on occasion that always seems to have some wanker doing worse than this ^^^. It is a pay at the pump like most places. Some fucker will block an entire side (two out of four pumps), fill their tank, go inside and have a wank, grab some munchies, fuck off in general, then come out and talk to their mates who've done the same thing on the other side of the pump island while the line behind them grows into the parking lot interfering with the other patrons of the business. I hate fuckers who think they're the only goddam people on the planet. One of these days I might just make the local paper's front page.

  10. The following 4 users liked this useful post by Bwana:


  11. #13507
    Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Down in the Duchy (at last)
    Posts
    17,245
    Like
    5,017
    Liked 3,087 in 2,097 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    There is a petrol station I use on occasion that always seems to have some wanker doing worse than this ^^^. It is a pay at the pump like most places. Some fucker will block an entire side (two out of four pumps), fill their tank, go inside and have a wank, grab some munchies, fuck off in general, then come out and talk to their mates who've done the same thing on the other side of the pump island while the line behind them grows into the parking lot interfering with the other patrons of the business. I hate fuckers who think they're the only goddam people on the planet. One of these days I might just make the local paper's front page.
    The worst ones locally are the ones with a supermarket attached. Fill up, lock up and then do their weekly shopping !

  12. #13508
    Should Get Out More Noggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    French Alps, La Plagne Dahrlink!
    Posts
    11,394
    Like
    16,597
    Liked 3,501 in 1,775 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    People who run cyber cafes/provide a wifi set up but can't be arsed with the customer service side. I KNOW its France but FFS. I paid for a different wifi provider as the other one was quite bad. But this one (local, so I can walk across to the cafe, and this also means the signal is really good) is worse. Even worse because, when I take the computer over there to try and get the service sorted out, its my computer's fault or I have done something to settings making it not possible for it to work, and "obviously I don't want them to spend half and hour or and hour working out what I have done to fuck up my machine as I'd have to pay" - her words, not mine.

    To be fair, if it would get the bloody wifi working properly, I'd pay them. But as they talk to me like I'm a piece of shit (obviously I am because I'm English), I'm now totally not inclined to go back. Except I have to go back to pay for a week's 'service' (ha ha) and then she'll refund the month I paid.

    It really shouldn't be this difficult, should it?? She said that because I have google.com set as the page to open when I open Chrome, that is blocking their page. When I asked how to change that, she wouldn't tell me

    She also told me I was wrong when I said that the 'log out' screen (that you have to keep open until you want to log out) often doesn't have a 'log out' button as the screen just shows 'page not found or reload page'. Apparently I can't read either because that can't happen - unless I close the window - WHICH I DIDN'T FUCKING DO!!!!!!!

    I tried so hard to be calm as I like it here and I want to meet nice people. But when people treat you like shit because they can take your money and tough shit about the service, it pees me off.

    So now I have to go back to the other shitty service until I can get some internet sorted in my apartment (which takes time and money, the second of which I don't have to spare at the moment)

    Man I'm angry - and wishing that not only was I a mechanic, but I bloody wish I understood computers as well

  13. #13509
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Delmarva Peninsula
    Posts
    16,498
    Like
    3,467
    Liked 3,613 in 2,409 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post
    The worst ones locally are the ones with a supermarket attached. Fill up, lock up and then do their weekly shopping !
    They should all come out to a note left at the pump about retrieving their car from the impound lot with a hefty towing fee.

  14. #13510
    Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    23,006
    Like
    1,530
    Liked 4,977 in 3,114 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
    People who run cyber cafes/provide a wifi set up but can't be arsed with the customer service side. I KNOW its France but FFS. I paid for a different wifi provider as the other one was quite bad. But this one (local, so I can walk across to the cafe, and this also means the signal is really good) is worse. Even worse because, when I take the computer over there to try and get the service sorted out, its my computer's fault or I have done something to settings making it not possible for it to work, and "obviously I don't want them to spend half and hour or and hour working out what I have done to fuck up my machine as I'd have to pay" - her words, not mine.

    To be fair, if it would get the bloody wifi working properly, I'd pay them. But as they talk to me like I'm a piece of shit (obviously I am because I'm English), I'm now totally not inclined to go back. Except I have to go back to pay for a week's 'service' (ha ha) and then she'll refund the month I paid.

    It really shouldn't be this difficult, should it?? She said that because I have google.com set as the page to open when I open Chrome, that is blocking their page. When I asked how to change that, she wouldn't tell me

    She also told me I was wrong when I said that the 'log out' screen (that you have to keep open until you want to log out) often doesn't have a 'log out' button as the screen just shows 'page not found or reload page'. Apparently I can't read either because that can't happen - unless I close the window - WHICH I DIDN'T FUCKING DO!!!!!!!

    I tried so hard to be calm as I like it here and I want to meet nice people. But when people treat you like shit because they can take your money and tough shit about the service, it pees me off.

    So now I have to go back to the other shitty service until I can get some internet sorted in my apartment (which takes time and money, the second of which I don't have to spare at the moment)

    Man I'm angry - and wishing that not only was I a mechanic, but I bloody wish I understood computers as well
    There there pet, there there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post

    It really shouldn't be this difficult, should it?? She said that because I have google.com set as the page to open when I open Chrome, that is blocking their page. When I asked how to change that, she wouldn't tell me
    :
    3 vertical dots, top right of page, left click once, settings.
    2nd option down "on Start up"
    "Open a specific page or set of pages. Set pages"
    Click the blue bit
    Type in URL in the pop up
    Click OK

    JOb jobbed

  15. #13511
    Should Get Out More Noggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    French Alps, La Plagne Dahrlink!
    Posts
    11,394
    Like
    16,597
    Liked 3,501 in 1,775 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post
    There there pet, there there.
    Thanx kinds sir!!



    Quote Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post
    3 vertical dots, top right of page, left click once, settings.
    2nd option down "on Start up"
    "Open a specific page or set of pages. Set pages"
    Click the blue bit
    Type in URL in the pop up
    Click OK

    JOb jobbed
    Ah - but that's the issue. She wouldn't bloody give me the url to put in


    Apparently all the information is on the first login page of the set up - not that I've ever seen it there. Obviously I"m blind as well

  16. #13512
    At Work
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,566
    Like
    1,016
    Liked 491 in 286 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
    People who run cyber cafes/provide a wifi set up but can't be arsed with the customer service side. I KNOW its France but FFS. I paid for a different wifi provider as the other one was quite bad. But this one (local, so I can walk across to the cafe, and this also means the signal is really good) is worse. Even worse because, when I take the computer over there to try and get the service sorted out, its my computer's fault or I have done something to settings making it not possible for it to work, and "obviously I don't want them to spend half and hour or and hour working out what I have done to fuck up my machine as I'd have to pay" - her words, not mine.

    To be fair, if it would get the bloody wifi working properly, I'd pay them. But as they talk to me like I'm a piece of shit (obviously I am because I'm English), I'm now totally not inclined to go back. Except I have to go back to pay for a week's 'service' (ha ha) and then she'll refund the month I paid.

    It really shouldn't be this difficult, should it?? She said that because I have google.com set as the page to open when I open Chrome, that is blocking their page. When I asked how to change that, she wouldn't tell me

    She also told me I was wrong when I said that the 'log out' screen (that you have to keep open until you want to log out) often doesn't have a 'log out' button as the screen just shows 'page not found or reload page'. Apparently I can't read either because that can't happen - unless I close the window - WHICH I DIDN'T FUCKING DO!!!!!!!

    I tried so hard to be calm as I like it here and I want to meet nice people. But when people treat you like shit because they can take your money and tough shit about the service, it pees me off.

    So now I have to go back to the other shitty service until I can get some internet sorted in my apartment (which takes time and money, the second of which I don't have to spare at the moment)

    Man I'm angry - and wishing that not only was I a mechanic, but I bloody wish I understood computers as well
    If you wait long enough a Microsoft representative from India will call to
    help you with your Virus, maybe you can get them to help with the settings.

  17. The following user liked this post made by Eclipse:


  18. #13513
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Delmarva Peninsula
    Posts
    16,498
    Like
    3,467
    Liked 3,613 in 2,409 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
    Thanx kinds sir!!





    Ah - but that's the issue. She wouldn't bloody give me the url to put in


    Apparently all the information is on the first login page of the set up - not that I've ever seen it there. Obviously I"m blind as well
    What you need to do is go full on psycho and kill her. Slowly.

  19. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Bwana:


  20. #13514
    Should Get Out More 1888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    JockLand
    Posts
    26,991
    Like
    892
    Liked 2,891 in 2,072 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Sky.

    You pay your bill in advance dont you? My cut off day was 30th September and they took a payment on the 12th October what i am sure they were not entitled to yet they now want another 19.17.

    Do one.

  21. #13515
    Should Get Out More Noggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    French Alps, La Plagne Dahrlink!
    Posts
    11,394
    Like
    16,597
    Liked 3,501 in 1,775 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    What you need to do is go full on psycho and kill her. Slowly.

    I was so close!! However, I have now found the url. With luck, this will now work - maybe

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission